The Student Room Group

When do I apply for student finance?

Hey guys,

When I apply through UCAS, (i am in year 13) for the courses I want to do and then hypothetically get all 5 offers. Do i then firm and insurance the 2 I want? Say it takes until jan to get all my offers, do I apply for student finance then? Or do I apply for student finance now?

Thank you in advance!
Student finance applications open in February/March with a deadline in mid May for new students.

The deadline for universities to make decisions isn’t until May (I think) so you might have to apply for your finance with your best guess of which university and course you’ll be going to. It’s simple to update your finance application to a different course/university after you apply though.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Student finance applications open in February/March with a deadline in mid May for new students.

The deadline for universities to make decisions isn’t until May (I think) so you might have to apply for your finance with your best guess of which university and course you’ll be going to. It’s simple to update your finance application to a different course/university after you apply though.

If I decide I don't want to go uni and take a gap year and it comes to say results day, is it easy to cancel student finance and uni offer?
Original post by Clivierx
If I decide I don't want to go uni and take a gap year and it comes to say results day, is it easy to cancel student finance and uni offer?

Yep. It takes less than 5 minutes (and even if you forget if you don’t enrol or attend a course then your university will let SFE know and it’ll be cancelled)
Reply 4
Original post by PQ

Yep. It takes less than 5 minutes (and even if you forget if you don’t enrol or attend a course then your university will let SFE know and it’ll be cancelled)

Ahh thank you so much! Because I want to know how much my loan will be, if it's really **** then I'll take a gap year and earn some money on the side.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Thanks for the info

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending