The Student Room Group

shall i miss a day of sixth form tommarow

i really need to take a day off sixth form tommarow because i need to catch up on a lot of work and do some revision, i got all A's and B's for gcses but now im mostly predicted U's and have decided that i really need to spend alot of time revising, pplus the lessons that i have tommarow and not really important i can catch up on the work really easily however i am worried about my attendance because well its not that low it must be between 80 - 90 percent and can the school do anything like kick me out due to poor attendance because i literally only have like 2 months of school left because for 2 weeks we have easter holidays and for the other two weeks we have study week yea so like 2 months left some of my friends attendance is like 70 percent and nothing happened to them im sooo confused pleaseee help me < sorry for the long post ps i used to be the cleverest in my class but then i had so many problems now im back to track i know i can catch up if i take tommarow off what do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you're asking the question you probably already know the answer.

Just to summarise your plan: You're not doing great at school academically so you plan to skip school to try and improve academically. In my opinion that seems counter intuitive. I would advise you don't because you're never going to do the work at home if you couldn't be bothered to do it in school. Besides it's not like you have so little time that you couldn't possibly catch up on the work after school some time.

Don't take tomorrow off just go to school try hard when you do the work and then catch up on work when you get home. You can reach your potential if you just try zoe.
Reply 2
One day will not make the difference, let me tell you that for nothing. A-Levels require constant revision and concentration over a prolonged period. Are you in AS or A2?
Reply 3
If you think you can revise for a whole day straight and still be normal at the end of the day, then no you still should still go to school :P
You are much better off going to school and catching up slower after school, a few hours a day. If you try to rush learning everything, you will get distracted and bored to hell.
Reply 4
Make a good excuse and take the day off.

Done.
If you can't spell tomorrow maybe you shouldn't :wink:
If you have English tomorrow, please go in.
really? it's one day... as if a thread is actually being created over this.
Reply 8
Original post by longman240
One day will not make the difference, let me tell you that for nothing. A-Levels require constant revision and concentration over a prolonged period. Are you in AS or A2?

Im in AS and i did take the day off and let me tell you one day did make a difference so i dont know what your on about
Reply 9
Original post by Jellybean91
If you can't spell tomorrow maybe you shouldn't :wink:

it was a typo mistake duhh
Reply 10
Original post by ironandwine
really? it's one day... as if a thread is actually being created over this.

so what if i create a thread over this
Reply 11
Original post by zoedhin

What? A typo in the header, and the body of the text, multiple times?

Okay mate.
Reply 12
Take the day off to learn how to spell
Reply 13
If you actually care enough, you could go to school, get back say by about 4:30, then fit in a good 7 hours of revision and work before you go to sleep. No excuses!
Original post by zoedhin

There were a lot of mistakes though..:erm:
I think you should have gone - you need all the sixth form you can get. You should eat, sleep and breathe sixth form. You should be force-fed sixth form.
Reply 15
Original post by zoedhin

No it wasn't. You need to face up to the fact that you are struggling and get some assistance. The op has no punctuation and your posts are littered with errors. Revising may not be the issue, you may need to bite the bullet and revisit some basics in order to better prepare for the future. A year taken out now could make a huge difference to your future.
I had 17% attendance in Year 13 and didn't get kicked out (and it was a respectable place). I think you'll be alright.

PS: I hold no responsibility for anyone who thinks that this means they can have as poor attendance as I did and not suffer from the consequences. I'm just saying, 80 or 90% if a very different story.
Reply 17
1. you can't spell tomorrow accept it was no typo!
2. taking 1 day off will make no significant impact on revision...and there are no big exams coming up so it isnt really needed now, maybe closer to summer exams it would be more useful to take the day off
3. your massive section on worrying about attendance and then concluding yourself you dont need to worry isn't really needed... + its stupid to take a day off for your reasons it wont change your U's over night

overall I think you should go in and focus in lessons and still do some revision if needed after them make lots of time to improve your grades if your set on that
Reply 18
Original post by zoedhin
Im in AS and i did take the day off and let me tell you one day did make a difference so i dont know what your on about

"I'm studying AS and I took the day off. One day did make a difference, so I don't know what you're on about."

You're welcome. Maybe you need to take a few more days off to sort out your English skills.
God TSR people get bitchy about someone who clearly just can't be arsed to write perfectly when posting on a forum

Quick Reply

Latest