The Student Room Group

Cambridge Human, Social and Political Sciences (HSPS) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by lambo123
Has anyone been fished yet?

I only know of one person who has been fished for HSPS and that was by Newnham yesterday, waiting is slowly depriving me of my sanity but I guess we'll just have to mope about a little while longer :frown:
Reply 381
Original post by Grace626
Congrats to you too :biggrin: yeah I'm so excited, although slightly worried about stress levels haha I think I'm going to do the same except archaeology instead of sociology :smile: why did you choose pembroke? Not gonna lie, I walked in and was like "oh my god, PREEEETTY" and that was the extent of my research haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, my reseach was quite thorough since I live in Denmark, so I didn't have the opportunity to come and visit any colleges before I applied. But the loveliness was definitely a factor! And the food of course, which should be amazing, haha :^_^:
Ah,some of you got fished or received offers.Congrats!I still haven't heard anything from Churchill...Will they send me a letter to Bulgaria?Getting nervous...
Original post by miss_kristin
Ah,some of you got fished or received offers.Congrats!I still haven't heard anything from Churchill...Will they send me a letter to Bulgaria?Getting nervous...

They should send you a letter but they would probably also email you if you got in touch with them to request the decision that way. I know that's what most colleges did anyway! :smile:
Original post by JumbleJumble
They should send you a letter but they would probably also email you if you got in touch with them to request the decision that way. I know that's what most colleges did anyway! :smile:

Well,I will send them an email if I do not receive a letter in 2-3 days since our post is awful.Would that be ok? I am a little worried,I don't know what to expect...
Well,I will send them an email if I do not receive a letter in 2-3 days since our post is awful.Would that be ok? I am a little worried,I don't know what to expect...

I'm sure that would be fine :smile: After all, they can't blame you for wanting to know and the decision's already been made so whatever you do now won't make any difference to that!
I got a re-interview at Selwyn College on Thursday for HSPS. Terrified.
Original post by Northern_Ireland
I got a re-interview at Selwyn College on Thursday for HSPS. Terrified.

Good luck!
Reply 388
If we haven't heard anything yet does that mean we are basically rejected?

I hope not! I'm still going to hold out hope for the next few days, although I guess the chance of getting fished is getting slimmer each day :frown:
Reply 390

No it doesn't :P The priority applicants at the moment are people being called for re-interview, if you haven't heard anything by the 15th then I'd consider yourself rejected. For now just be hopeful!
Reply 391
Original post by JumbleJumble
I'm sure that would be fine :smile: After all, they can't blame you for wanting to know and the decision's already been made so whatever you do now won't make any difference to that!

Im in the same position; no letter as of yet. Sent an email. Was pretty much useless.
Reply 392
Original post by Kavalier
Well, my reseach was quite thorough since I live in Denmark, so I didn't have the opportunity to come and visit any colleges before I applied. But the loveliness was definitely a factor! And the food of course, which should be amazing, haha :^_^:

Yeahh the food sounds great :smile: I read somewhere there was a tapas bar but i'm not sure how true that is...
Reply 393
I hate waiting.
Reply 394
Original post by kaboum
I hate waiting.

in the same boat as you, considering myself rejected
Reply 395
Hey just signed up received my A*AA offer from Trinity for HSPS whey, kinda not sure if ill accept it currently as thinking cambridge may be a liiiiiiittle small so signed up to see whos going and stuff ( and convince myself not everyone going is dull/just going to spend all their time studying in their rooms!!)
Original post by Jake33
Hey just signed up received my A*AA offer from Trinity for HSPS whey, kinda not sure if ill accept it currently as thinking cambridge may be a liiiiiiittle small so signed up to see whos going and stuff ( and convince myself not everyone going is dull/just going to spend all their time studying in their rooms!!)

Woo HSPS at Trin me too :smile: yeah I'm a bit worried about that as well as I play a lot of sport and I like going out! But the current students I met at interview seemed pretty normal and they said there's a few people who live in the library and in their rooms, but nobody sees them anyway so it doesn't matter :smile: I think the majority of people will work hard but do lots of other stuff too :biggrin: I hope so anyway!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 397
Would be really good to chat to some of ya with offers for Hsps next year (especially at trinity!!) to see what id be letting my self in for! However really not up for paying money to use messaging on here so add me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/jake.thompson.96199
I promise I'm not a paedo and please don't add me if you are one yourself
cheers!!
Reply 398
Got pooled from Caius for HSPS earlier. Funnily relieved I didn't get a straight up rejection :biggrin: Just to keep swimming...
Reply 399
Where to ? and well done :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending