The Student Room Group

Cambridge Human, Social and Political Sciences (HSPS) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Anyone wants to meet up tomorrow night?
will finish the interview in King‘s
Anyone wants to meet up tomorrow? My interview is on the 13th, wondering if there is anyone lucky enough to have their interviews as late as me.
we missed each other LOL

Original post by Albertopolis
Anyone wants to meet up tomorrow? My interview is on the 13th, wondering if there is anyone lucky enough to have their interviews as late as me.
Original post by Euphemia.at
we missed each other LOL

Oh well ☹️ How did your interview go?
Oh well ☹️ How did your interview go?

I guess it's fine....but a bit weird... u know any group chat of Cam candidates 2018?😂can't find any group thozzz. They didn't ask anything abt ps...
I guess it's fine....but a bit weird... u know any group chat of Cam candidates 2018?😂can't find any group thozzz. They didn't ask anything abt ps...

They didn't ask about ps? Yeah, I guess it's weird, cause my friend had her interview yesterday and they only asked about her ps. Actually, I can't find any too, that's why I'm randomly writing messages in other chats 😂
They didn't ask about ps? Yeah, I guess it's weird, cause my friend had her interview yesterday and they only asked about her ps. Actually, I can't find any too, that's why I'm randomly writing messages in other chats 😂

You haven't done ur interview? yeah they didn't that's why very weird. But I mean for humanities subjects there r sometimes different LOL.
I don't understand at least there should be a facebook group.
I joined an Asian OxCam candidates group chat which has 446 people there in wechat(a social app) LOL
You haven't done ur interview? yeah they didn't that's why very weird. But I mean for humanities subjects there r sometimes different LOL.
I don't understand at least there should be a facebook group.
I joined an Asian OxCam candidates group chat which has 446 people there in wechat(a social app) LOL

I'm having mine tomorrow, I've spent some time searching for Cambridge interviewees.

There is a 2018 Cambridge application thread somewhere on the website, but they only discuss the date for Oxford decision letters 🤷🏻*♀️
I'm having mine tomorrow, I've spent some time searching for Cambridge interviewees.

There is a 2018 Cambridge application thread somewhere on the website, but they only discuss the date for Oxford decision letters 🤷🏻*♀️

The general 2018 Applicant's thread is here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3528165

Lots of different things get chatted about :smile:
What did they ask you in your HSPS interview out of interest?
Original post by user123445
What did they ask you in your HSPS interview out of interest?

The detailed content of Cambridge interviews shouldn't be disclosed. They are under a confidentiality agreement :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody applying this year?
Original post by richardsmith
Anybody applying this year?

i’m applying in 2019 for 2020 entry if that helps :smile:
I'm considering applying to Cambridge to do HSPS, but my main reservation is that whilst I'm interested in politics, I couldn't care less about human/social sciences and don't want to go anywhere near them. Can I only pick politics modules for the three years or will I have to interact with human and social sciences at some point?

I've made many subject choices I regret in the last few years so I don't want to touch a course with aspects I have no interest in.
Original post by Matt rice
I'm considering applying to Cambridge to do HSPS, but my main reservation is that whilst I'm interested in politics, I couldn't care less about human/social sciences and don't want to go anywhere near them. Can I only pick politics modules for the three years or will I have to interact with human and social sciences at some point?

I've made many subject choices I regret in the last few years so I don't want to touch a course with aspects I have no interest in.

Hi Matt! I think you'll have to do some bits you don't enjoy in your first year. Then in second year you can choose the Politics & International Relations route and not have to do any more Sociology or Social Anthropology. Be aware though that at interview they will assume you're interested in all aspects of the tripos and your lack of enthusiasm for the social sciences may well disadvantage you. I'd also be slightly concerned if I met anyone who wanted to study or work in politics who wasn't also interested in societal structures and sociological theory.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending