The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
calderstonesLFC
Anyone else hear about the women who was arrested today after trying to open a bank account with £6,000 of the stolen notes. With the Banks wrapper logo all over it. How Stupid can one woman be?

I cant believe how stupid that was... she can't of been in connection with the actual robbery, I bet she found it somewhere.

I should of took a train upto that area and had a good ole nose around... I cant believe they found loads of money in an old van too... gutted.
Reply 41

HEIST OF THE CENTURY: COPS HELD ME OVER MY £6,000
EXCLUSIVE
By Tom Pettifor
A NURSE wept last night as she told how police swooped as she tried to pay £6,000 into a building society, suspecting it was Securitas stolen cash.

Mum-of-three Dawn Bailey, 41, was opening an account at the Portman in Bromley, Kent, with a bundle of £50 notes when staff became suspicious.

They delayed her for half an hour saying there was a computer problem. Dawn, of Brockley, South East London, had drawn the cash out of her Halifax account in Catford.

Dawn, a Salvation Army care nurse, said: "It was taking a long time but I thought it was only because it was so much money. Then suddenly I was surrounded by uniformed policemen who handcuffed me and marched me to a police car.

"It was terrifying. I didn't know what was going on and burst into tears. Later they told me it wasn't my money and that I stole it."

She added: "They kept asking me where I got it from and I kept telling them. I told them all they needed to do was check with the Halifax."

Advertisement

They kept her in a cell overnight while they searched her flat. She was freed on bail until March 28.

Dawn, who lives with her partner and children aged 14, six and four, said: "When I complained they just said, 'Shut up, you're a criminal'.

"I'm going to sue. It was the most distressing experience of my life.

"I spent all last night in a dirty cell crying my eyes out and my family have been traumatised."

^ looks like the police are the stupid ones...
Reply 42
Why couldnt they listen to her and check with the Halifax? :confused:
That is stupid. I knew the women couldn't be the one who stole it:p:
Reply 43
Let's face it. If you have the brains to get into the bank of england and steal that much then you're gonna know how to get rid of it.
Reply 44
Sithius
Let's face it. If you have the brains to get into the bank of england and steal that much then you're gonna know how to get rid of it.

It seemed like a well-planned operation, so I too doubt that they don't have a feasible use for the money.
Reply 45
By the time the staff untied themselves, raised the alarm, the police arrived, went 'wtf?!?', called the one with the brain and figured the magnitude of what had happened, spread the word to relevant authorities (and all associated paperwork/formalities) etc...

...they could have easily been halfway through the Eurostar ride to Paris, in a light aircraft to anywhere or heading in 8 different directions by road.
aparrently the women that was caught tried to deposit £6000 in her bank account and the cash she wanted to deposit still had "Tonbridge Branch" labels on it. honestly one of the worlds dumbest criminals. i no this cause my dads on the flying squad in the met. police. and their told anything which happens in the country involved with armed robberys before the press knows
TMHNightfox
aparrently the women that was caught tried to deposit £6000 in her bank account and the cash she wanted to deposit still had "Tonbridge Branch" labels on it. honestly one of the worlds dumbest criminals. i no this cause my dads on the flying squad in the met. police. and their told anything which happens in the country involved with armed robberys before the press knows

Nothing with it bein in the daily mirror two days ago then..
El Scotto

I should of took a train upto that area and had a good ole nose around... I cant believe they found loads of money in an old van too... gutted.

What made them look inside a van anyways.
Reply 49
TMHNightfox

he cant be that informed.
considering the woman took the money out from halifax a little earlier... .with your dad in the flying squad... no wonder people get away with the things that they do!! lol
Reply 50
Sithius

But they didn't get into the bank of england, so that is very different, isn't it.
Reply 51
Why didnt they fire bomb the complex lockup to remove evidence but making sure the hostages were outside and a container ship to transport money to country with non-extradition rights!
Reply 52
Because fire-bombing the complex would have alerted people to the robbery quicker, i.e., they would have discovered the blaze, then the people who worked there would be able to inform the authorities, rather than them having the several hours they did.
Container ships are show and highly trackable, and would take a long time to load up and ship out, therefore inefficient.
Reply 53
bikerx23
Because fire-bombing the complex would have alerted people to the robbery quicker, i.e., they would have discovered the blaze, then the people who worked there would be able to inform the authorities, rather than them having the several hours they did.
Container ships are show and highly trackable, and would take a long time to load up and ship out, therefore inefficient.

Not if the captain is on the take or some dodgy crew on board; to some corrupt country in south america or east asia once the ship gets to international waters. helped with a diversion of some sorts by framing some of the people who did it, a ort of double cross. they should have crushed the vans/cars used and burnt the gear they wore. Well fair enough then, a timed explosive (car bomb) to go off 7 hours after the incident.
Reply 54
Pineappolis
It will take an hell of a lot of laundering.

Definitely, would take a while to send 40 mil round the world :biggrin:
Reply 55
JonnyB
Definitely, would take a while to send 40 mil round the world :biggrin:

they'll probably give it to their wifes and it'll be gone in no time... websites, shops the lot.... lol
Reply 56
sayed_samed
Why didnt they fire bomb the complex lockup to remove evidence but making sure the hostages were outside and a container ship to transport money to country with non-extradition rights!

Arson is a much bigger offense than robbery and you can goto prison for life for that, even if u set fire to something like a waste paper basket.
Reply 57
El Scotto

Arson is a much bigger offense than robbery and you can goto prison for life for that, even if u set fire to something like a waste paper basket.

Ok then, for $10 million you can guy a smal low yield nuclear fission devise, so use that to cover your tracks......muahahahah. Easily smuggled into the country in container ships of yellow cake a.k.a. uranium oxide form australia!
Reply 58
Yes, because the shipment of those isn't monitored at all :rolleyes:
Reply 59
bikerx23
Yes, because the shipment of those isn't monitored at all :rolleyes:

Aparently russia has 3/4's of its suitcase nukes unaccounted for...

Latest

Trending

Trending