The Student Room Group

This Is My Foodie Opinion, I Infer, I Imply! So What Do You Think? CONFIRM OR DENY?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Standard chocolate? Confarmanimal.
little shots, bites or "kisses" as they call 'em, are JUST enough to tolerate before the hersheys does that cloying, rotten "sour milk" thing.

CONFIRM OR DENY: Crunchy Nut Cornflakes' alternate ranges like clusters and curls are utterly indistinguishable from the core product, proving another case of brand milking. Pun intended.
CONFIRM. Crunchy nut isn't that great a cereal in my opinion, and the varieties really aren't that different either.

CONFIRM or DENY:

Pistachios are the only decent tasting nuts.
DENY. There are no decent tasting nuts. All vile.

CONFIRM/DENY: if you feel lost without chewing gum
Reply 1983
CONFIRM. It's kinda sad actually. I always keep some in my right breast pocket of my jacket, and when I dive in for a bit and I have none, I head INSTANTLY to the shop. Weird!!

CONFIRM OR DENY: READY SALTED CRISPS DESERVE MORE RESPECT; THEY ALLOW THE TASTE OF THE POTATO CRISP TO SHINE THROUGH INSTEAD OF OVERTAKING IT.
CONFIRM. They're up there with my faves for their simplicity and general flavour.

CONFIRM OR DENY:

At a restaurant, a 'go up and serve yourself' style roast (like at the Toby Cavery) is better than one ordered off the menu.
Reply 1985
Confirm: Especially when you're with friends, it's easier for everyone to pay for what they ordered rather than the awkward bill moment at the end.

CONFIRM OR DENY:

Kinda Surprise is the best chocolate egg ever, cadbury creme eggs are a violation of the human taste.
DENY. Kinder Surprise ARE amazing, but I also like creme eggs. The mini ones are the best, they're not as sickly and are the perfect size.

CONFIRM/DENY: In terms of foods during the festive celebrations, Easter is the worst holiday.
Deny - halloween is definitely the worst holiday, far too many sweets! (I love chocolate but hate chewy sweets, boiled sweets etc).

Confirm/Deny: Ham as a sandwich filling isn't quite enough on its own, it needs something else, be it salad, tomato, cheese etc
Confirm. Especially if it's wafer thin ham. If I have a ham roll, I will automatically expect it to be paired with tomato, lettuce or mustard. Just ham I'd be like, is the salad on strike?

Confirm or deny: A chocolate pudding with a melted middle is better than a firm chocolate pudding
Reply 1989
CONFIRM. I have written an ARTICLE on the almost sexy satisfaction of breaking through a firm/hard/flaky food exterior to a soft core, from the crack to custardy creme brulee, chocolate fondant, brittle meringue to chewy interior...

CONFIRM OR DENY: IN MILK, CORNFLAKES AND RICE KRISPIES ARE WIMPS, GOING SOGGY IN SECONDS... KELLOGGS START IS LIKE HE-MAN.
Reply 1990
CONFIRM; they are much more solidly.

C/D: Southern fried chicken is perhaps best without any form of sauce, I mean who dips a leg of kfc chicken in a bit of sauce - how improper!
Reply 1991
CONFIRM THIS.

A lot of you will whinge at me for this, but I cringe at people dipping KFC chicken in gravy. Colonel Sandypants slaved for years over his secret blend of salt and... Some other stuff probably, only for you to SLATHER it in meat gravy. Pah! Pah I say!

CONFIRM OR DENY: TRUE FACT; YOU CAN BUY YOUR LOVED ONE A SOLID SILVER "MY LAST ROLO", NOTHING ELSE CAN BE AS ROMANTIC AND FLOWERS WILL SMELL CRAP KNOWING YOUR GIFT'S INFERIORITY IN COMPARISON.
CONFIRM. The sheer symbolism of giving a loved one your last Rolo speaks volumes.

C/D: Maltesers inexplicably taste better out of the box than a pouch/small bag.
Reply 1993
CONFIRM. I have thought this in the past although I can't pinpoint why....

C/D: Mass industrious produced cups of tea i.e. at a community centre - teabag thrown in cup, water added, milk flung in..NO NONSENSE NO SPECIAL REQUESTS...are always more than satisfactory.
Reply 1994
I like tea no-nonsense and I used to go to a youth club that did tea and biscuits (lol youth club, Toto be OLD) and I rate that tea MILES HIGHER than Starbucks nonsense.

CONFIRM OR DENY: ACTUAL TURKISH DELIGHT IS LOVELY, BUT PEOPLE WRONGLY ASSUME FRYS AND CADBURYS VERSION IS THE REAL THING AND SAY "IT'S CRAP" .
Reply 1995
Deny: I've had Turkish Delight that my brother brought back from Turkey, but I didn't like it.

C or D: Fruit in cheese is the stupidest, most disgusting thing ever.
Reply 1996
CONFIRM. Cheese and pineapple appetisers - is this a tactic way to divide the sophisticated from the not-sophisticated at a dinner party table.

c/d: Frys peppermint creams are better than turkish delight
Confirm. I cannot stand Turkish Delight, it's just wrong.

Confirm/deny: that weird 'skin' on top of custard that's been sat out for ages makes you gag.
Confirm, not a big fan of custard but it's not that bad

Confirm/deny: you pick the skin off fried chicken and save it till last
Reply 1999
DENY. The skin-chicken combo should not be seperated as this reduces the mouth wateringness.

C/D if you've never bought pepperoni by itself (not including pepperami)

Quick Reply

Latest