The Student Room Group

This Is My Foodie Opinion, I Infer, I Imply! So What Do You Think? CONFIRM OR DENY?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fusion
DENY. It's statistically insignificant at this point in time. There's bound ot be some outliers, and mould is not harmful!

C/D: You've never opened up a capri sun pouch

Deny! I open them up when I've made myself a slushy capri-sun in the freezer. They're delicious. If you use a straw, it just sucks out all the juice and leaves the ice, so it's best if I open it and eat it all with a spoon.

C/D: You like children's yoghurts better than regular ones. (That Munch Bunch Jelly delight has caught my eye)
DENY. I like petit fleur, yes, and the occasional Munch Bunch, but it's all about Muller Light's and Weight Watchers yoghurt.

CONFIRM/DENY:
Sometimes you're not even thirsty, but you'll have a hot drink to warm up
Original post by dani_1991
DENY. I like petit fleur, yes, and the occasional Munch Bunch, but it's all about Muller Light's and Weight Watchers yoghurt.

CONFIRM/DENY:
Sometimes you're not even thirsty, but you'll have a hot drink to warm up

Deny, I don't do that because hot drinks don't warm you up, they actually cool you down. It warms up your body, so it makes your body want to cool down, so it does all the things it usually does when you're hot. Like sweat. That's why hot countries usually eat curry and in some they drink lots of tea.

C/D: Weetabix is superior to Oatibix
Confirm. Not keen on the Oatabix stuff! Weird consistency.

C/D:
The only savoury flavour popcorn you like is salty, the rest is all sweet
Reply 3984
DENY. I'm not a fan of salted popcorn, doesn't have much going for it.

C/D: Hash brown goes well with baked beans mmmm
CONFIRM. They just do, maybe we are just accustomed to the flavours together, but yes.

C/D:
You'd rather be given plain water than really weak juice
Reply 3986
I assume you mean fruit juice? DENY. I dstinctly remember the orange juice served in backpacking hostels at breakfast was as bargain basement as it gets, but I'd still prefer it over water. In fact, I sometimes prefer the cheaper juice to tropicanca because it can be a bit too heavy tasting. If you meant cordials, then I would rather prefer water over a weak cordial.

C/D: The shape of Sausages don't suit sandwiches
Original post by Fusion
I assume you mean fruit juice? DENY. I dstinctly remember the orange juice served in backpacking hostels at breakfast was as bargain basement as it gets, but I'd still prefer it over water. In fact, I sometimes prefer the cheaper juice to tropicanca because it can be a bit too heavy tasting. If you meant cordials, then I would rather prefer water over a weak cordial.

C/D: The shape of Sausages don't suit sandwiches

Cordials. not sure how you get weak fruit juice :smile:

DENY. The bread hugs the sausage shape quite well I think.

CONFIRM OR DENY:
You prefer sausage rolls to bangers and mash.
Reply 3988
DENY. Sausage rolls are annoying because of the low meat to pastry ratio, bangers and mash is a traditional dish and is damn tasty with gravy and onions mmmmm. However I feel it's a strange comparison overall.

C/D: Sometimes you're tempted to make another cupasoup after the first one
Deny. No, one is certainly enough.

Confirm or deny; coffee & walnut is one of those perfectly matched flavour combos <3
Confirm. Because everyone is all DENY, DENY, DENY lately you hater taters. And my Nan does a LEGEND walnut and coffee cake which I look forward to at every family event that comes with Nan's cake. It's coffee..and nut, not something I'd of thought of overly. But it works a dream.

Confirm or deny: The smell of cooking bacon makes you instantly crave bacon
CONFIRM. Even if I didn't remotely want any before, I'm now craving some crispy crunchy bacon.

CONFIRM OR DENY:
Mentos are underrated.
Reply 3992
CONFIRM. I like their hard chewyness which gives them a longer mouth life over alternatives.

C/D: You don't drink caffiene after 5-6pm
DENY. I drink green tea, which is caffeine. I no longer drink Pepsi due to it disagreeing with my stomach in mass quantities (We're talking 2litre bottles a day), but that used to be drunk at like 2am if I woke up thirsty :biggrin:

CONFIRM OR DENY:
Limited edition foods excite you more than limited edition drinks.
Reply 3994
I have fond memories of drinking pepsi at night - it's so damn thirst quenching and refreshing!

CONFIRM. I can't think of any limited edition drinks, but I am partial to things like white kit kat chunky and nostalgic chocs from the past. Would like to see more limited edition crisps especially if nik naks can bring back their cheese flavour.

C/D: Glass bottles of coke are worth the price
Original post by Fusion
I have fond memories of drinking pepsi at night - it's so damn thirst quenching and refreshing!

C/D: Glass bottles of coke are worth the price

HIGH FIVE. Everyone thought I was a total freak!

And CONFIRM. There's just something about a glass bottle that just makes it a league of its own, which I'm 100% prepared to pay double for.

C/D:
Chicken nuggets > fish fingers
Reply 3996
I have to deny this, because fish fingers are a lot more distinguished than chicken nuggets. Nuggets are not too dissimilar to things like chicken dippers, strippers, popcorn, gourjons etc whereas fish fingers don't have such close substitutes. Plus fish fingers are great to form meals around.

C/D: If you have some tantallising food covered in a sauce that you find repulsive, you will still eat it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3997
DENY. Case in point - Sweet and Sour Chicken, or Lemon Curd Chicken. You know what I'm on about. When you're in a chinese and they bring out some delicious chicken, smothered in JAM. MARMALADE. And you're like OH COOL, MAIN COURSE AND DESSERT IN ONE. No, cheers.

Confirm or Deny: MORE PEOPLE WOULD IMPORT CHOCOLATE IF THEY REALISED SOME OF OUR UK DISCONTINUED BARS WERE STILL AVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA, AFRICA AND CANADA... SUCH AS CADBURY ASTROS AND CADBURY MARBLE.

CONFIRM. Currently searching online for Cadbury Marble. OH MY GOD.

confirm or deny: Those £1 boxes of BBQ food are actually usually really tasty, even if cheap. Such as mini kebabs, prawns in filo etc
Reply 3999
I don't know waht you're on about, but based on experiences with simialr things then DENY. I can't imagine mini kebabs for a quid FROM ICELAND being 'really tasty'.

c/d: Just eat's slogan 'don't cook' is pretty poorly thought out

Quick Reply

Latest