The Student Room Group

This Is My Foodie Opinion, I Infer, I Imply! So What Do You Think? CONFIRM OR DENY?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
DENY; I can replicate it perfectly by putting an insole between two bits of corrugated cardboard.

Confirm or Deny: You cringe when the chef on TV inevitably spoons the puree onto the plate then does that pointless "swipe" thing with it
Confirm. Call me old school, but generally, if I'm having peas. I want it to look like peas. Puree can go away.

confirm or deny: Before you really knew about calories, you used to think a big bowl of pasta was a really healthy "weight loss" dinner
Confirm! Before I knew about calories I used to have a completely warped view of 'healthy' calling victim to the likes of Go Ahead and nutrigrains.

Confirm or deny:
Fresh tropical fruit is nicer than dried
Reply 1783
CONFIRM. Tropical fruits like mangoes, papayas, pineapples... It's all about COLOUR and JUICE.

WHY REMOVE THOSE THINGS??

CONFIRM OR DENY: YOU SAY THE "F" WORD WHEN YOU REALISE THE DAMN TIN DOESN'T HAVE A RINGPULL. GRRR! I HATE THE TIN OPENER!!
Confirm. I buy Napolina tinned tomatoes often, purely for the ring pull. LAZY.

confirm or deny: Crispy skin on a jacket potato is an absolute must
Reply 1785
you know, kneejerk confirm, then considered deny. Weird one. Some days I actually secretly pine for the soft "cheaty" microwaves baked potato; it's a strange phenomenon but similar to occasionally choosing McDonald's over a proper burger!

CONFIRM OR DENY: CORNFLAKE CAKES, BY LAW, REQUIRE A MINI EGG ON TOP. THE GREGGS EFFORTS WITH SMARTIES ARE INVALID.
Confirm. Mmm, mini eggs. *drools*

Confirm or Deny: Souffles really are delicious clouds of yumminess.
Confirm. But so damn hard to cook!

Confirm/deny: In general, I prefer savoury foods to sweet.
Reply 1788
Original post by amyshamblesxx
Confirm. But so damn hard to cook!

Confirm/deny: In general, I prefer savoury foods to sweet.

Confirm: when I was younger I was addicted to sweets, I've grown up now :cool:

C/D: no matter how old you are nothing will bring back the nostalgia like jelly and ice cream
Deny. There are so many things that have that nostalgia bump for me, jelly ice cream is just one!

Confirm or deny:
Cinnamon swirls don't need a layer of icing, they're good enough without
Confirm. Icing ruins things in my opinion. Get out of the way of my cake/pastry.. You're just a hurdle, a sweet hurdle!

Confirm or deny: you secretly want to punch those loud munchers in the cinema.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1791
Confirm: they're very annoying.

C or D: the best condiment for lamb is mint sauce.
Reply 1792
CONFIRM. I actually proposed their marriage on TSR!

C/D: Baked beans with sapg bol or a lasange is WRONG
Reply 1793
CONFIRM! who the hell does that?!

C/D It is high treason to put butter and jam on the same bit of toast. EITHER OR, PEOPLE.
DENY. I do that, I've always done that. I didn't know it was something people didn't do. I like it, and I'm not changing mah ways!

CONFIRM or DENY: Home done hot chocolate is always a nice idea, but is a bit of a let down when you make it.
Confirm. Especially when you bring some back from a well established chocolate country and it's just... Meh.

Confirm or Deny: You'd have fresh pancakes more often but they're a lot of effort to make.
Reply 1796
Confirm. And inexplicably, mine always taste so damned eggy. Crappy batter. Plus drop scones (Scotch Pancakes) are just too frigging delish from Marks and Sparks...

CONFIRM OR DENY: LAZY MICRO-FOODS ARE GREAT, BUT DAMN, DRAW THE LINE AT MICROWAVE TOASTIES AND PREMADE MICRO-OMELETTES!!
Confirm! And doner kebabs, and, for that matter, microwave roast dinner. Both a no go.

Confirm or deny:
Sponge birthday cake and custard is a no. But chocolate birthday is made for the microwave.
CONFIRM. My mum sometimes puts chocolate birthday cake in the micro, then serves with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Delicious.

CONFIRM/DENY: I find crumpets severely overrated.
D-E-N-Y! Crumpets are so so so good. How can they be over rated? A little bit of butter after being toasted and boom, perfect breakfast or snack.

CONFIRM or DENY: I feel incredibly uncomfortable eating in restaurants on my own.

Quick Reply

Latest