The Student Room Group

Things people do on facebook that annoy/amuse you

Scroll to see replies

I just find it annoying that my girlfriend pokes me seconds after I poke her back because she expects me to. I mean, why is there even a poke action on facebook? It's pointless! It does not make sense!
someone putting their status as something like 'why do i even bother?' then someone else comments 'i dont know, why do you even bother?' or someone puts 'no one cares' and then someone comments 'no, you're right, they dont!'
haaahaaa :smile:
Original post by Glen_coco
- posts with only
- posts that always end in loads of weird smileys that I am apparently to old to understand - " i wuv you mwuaaa :colondollar: :** :3 :3 ** : $"
- "like this if you want to know what i think about you"

and, I swear to god, one of my friends posted "like this if you've already met me in person. Copy this to your profile and you'll see how many of your fb friends have met you in person" .. what is happening to this world?!

Haha oh dear! I think it's quite sad how the amount of facebook friends you have has become a status symbol and not an actual reflection of who you're friends with :redface:
When someone has blatantly copied and pasted the quote/lyric passing it off as their own.:banghead:
Add me to groups without my permission.
Reply 245
Those cryptic attention-seeking statuses
When hordes of 15, 16 and 17-year-olds decide they're going to spam the News Feed with pictures of their baby bump and ultrasounds. I just don't want to see it.
(edited 12 years ago)
"what should i wear out tonight"
umm i dont know i dont know the entire contents of your wardrobe...
"oohh that skirt you paid a lot for!"
"oh no i look fat in that"
then why the hell did you buy it... and no you bloody dont you wore it 2 weeks ago and kept saying how amazing you felt... insane!
x
Reply 248
When my news feed is flooded with statuses about whatever tv show is on at the time
Original post by RobML
When my news feed is flooded with statuses about whatever tv show is on at the time

Agreed. I don't care about X Factor or that really awful dating show.
Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x
"what should i wear out tonight"
umm i dont know i dont know the entire contents of your wardrobe...
"oohh that skirt you paid a lot for!"
"oh no i look fat in that"
then why the hell did you buy it... and no you bloody dont you wore it 2 weeks ago and kept saying how amazing you felt... insane!
x

people who put x at the end of everything
- 'i love you soo much and miss you lots mwahhh and endless kissess' for freinds that is. It's like it's become standard to do write that now and frankly it gets nauseating seeing it everywhere.
-all the happy birthdays to one person; I'd prefer a nice thoughtful text instead :-)
hahah i completley agree, I went to America last year and the first thing people asked me is 'why aren't your pictures on fb?' and my freinds take pictures and say 'please put them on facebook tonight.' I think it's become the norm to take pictures purely for the sake of facebook!! I definitely prefer keeping my pictures private to show to selected freinds and family :-)

TBH when I'm having a good time out whether it's a night out, chilling with freinds I just never think to take pictures!!

Original post by ilovelabradors
Some people won't talk to you if they see you in the street, but they send you friend requests and like your few posts! :s-smilie:

I can see my life without Facebook. If my friends went back to using msn messenger I wouldn't need Facebook at all. To the hell with Facebook. It's fool of attention seekers and nosy people.

People can be really ridiculous. Yesterday was mother day, as you know it, and so some of my FB friends posted stuff like "Love you mummy, have a great day" when their mums do not have Facebook.... What gives?

But the worst bit is when people go like "Why haven't you posted pictures recently?" or "You went on holiday and didn't post any pictures!!!" as if we are obligged to SHOW our pictures to everybody. I am enjoying to save my pictures for me and my loved ones more and more these days.... I usually make powepoints with photos and send them ONLY to close friends. No point in sharing the pictures with neighbours, acquaintaces, sixth form peers that you haven't seen in years, the odd friend's friend.... :smile:

But the way I see it, some people are happy about exposing themselves to the max on FB be it by exposing photos that don't make sense or by changing their relationship status every week.
Reply 253
A pet hate of mine regarding Facebook are attention seekers...the various people (usually girls, I've noticed....don't mean to imply anything by that, just an observation of mine) that have to constantly update their status, change their relationship status, make ridiculous statuses about how their life is bad etc (first-world problems...woo! "OH NO MY PHONE BROKE TODAY, I'LL HAVE TO WAIT 2 DAYS FOR IT TO GET FIXED...MY LIFE IS OVER...OH NO!" (read that with a really cheesy irritating voice, and BAM you're right on the dot!) ). I hope these people just stop...for one day...just please, stop! Another irritating thing are the aimed statuses, and then someone comments implying it's an aimed status, and the person who posted it denies it...it's like, if you're going to write it, have the balls to at least admit it?

Also another hate of mine is the poor spelling of people for no reason (before I get into this I want to outline that I'm not trying to cause an argument, it's simply my own opinion and I apologise if I cause offence to anyone). People who have been through school, they're even in college now, and still find themselves incapable of spelling properly - perhaps more advanced words I could understand, or a slight grammatical error here and there, however this is usually in the most simplistic of words. A friend of mine in the same college course as me (we are in the highest level course for my particular college course) cannot spell to save his life - he has no mental illnesses such as Dyslexia (if he did, I could understand), he is simply incapable of spelling - he spelt "Discipline" (a word that was directly in front of us on the board, and a word which we have had to spell for the past 2 years constantly) as "Diserprin".

Like I said earlier, I apologise if I've caused offence at all, however these things simply annoy me (especially the spelling one). If a person had some sort of mental illness such as Dyslexia which affected their spelling I could understand, however it's those people who have been through the educational system and still cannot - given the many chances through life to learn to spell words correctly. The worst moments are when the word is in front of a person, written down correctly in plain sight, and they still manage to spell it incorrectly.

A few of my little "hates" from Facebook (and other areas of day-to-day life).
People who go out to, say, a theme park. Every 5 minutes, it comes up with "<name> is on <ride> at <theme park>" - why? First of all, I don't care and secondly, why post this on Facebook?

People who "like" everyone's statuses. I'm not even sure if she understood what my latest one is about. I think only 2 people understand it.
Reply 255
A friend of mine broke up with her boyfriend today after about six months and posted a huge status which started off as "This is a statement about mine and x's breakup".
Reply 256
Original post by JKGB
A friend of mine broke up with her boyfriend today after about six months and posted a huge status which started off as "This is a statement about mine and x's breakup".

It doesn't get more attention seeking than that now does it. I'd shoot them.
Reply 257
Original post by JKGB

Haha, this reminds me of this amazingly lame status someone posted a few months ago that made me think WTF? This guy I knew broke up with his girlfriend, then wrote a massive status about how he had let this amazing girl go because he couldn't decide (what he couldn't decide he didn't say) but that he wished her well and, if I remember rightly, some clichey lines about how life is a river flowing on and stuff. It was well weird and wet. A couple of his guy friends wrote comments but you could clearly tell they just wanted to write "GTFO pussy" or something.

Then to make it worse, a week or so later he created a photo album of pictures of her and him, including on titled "How it all started" which was a picture of them cuddling. If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure they're both naked in bed too. If I was this girl, I'd run for my life!
posting links of their porofile picture. I can see it already, posting a link onmy newsfeed doesn't mean I'm more obliged to like/comment on it.
Reply 259
I really enjoy Facebook, Facebook creates new era in this world.

Quick Reply

Latest