The Student Room Group

Imperial College MSc Economics & Strategy for Business (ESB)

Hey,
Anyone got an offer from this programme?
Or just got an interview?

Let's talk about this new programme!!!:grouphugs:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A very interesting course but aimed at pre- or early- experience students. Which is a shame. If it was part-time and I wasn't already doing another course heavy in strategy, I would probably be applying.

TBD
Reply 2
anyone else!!!???
Reply 3
anyone with an offer?
Reply 4
anybody?
Reply 5
Apparently not !!!????!!!!!!?????
Reply 6
why???!!!!
Reply 7
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
If it helps, I went to that programme's 'open evening'. The course coordinator is Dr. Anjali Bakhru, who is also a full-time professor at Middlesex University. Another guy who is responsible for that programme is Jonathan Haskel, who used to be the head of (what then used to be) the Department of Economics at Queen Mary.

The taster lecture was very nice and engaging and the course is seems to be very well thought of. I know Dr. Bakhru is aiming for a class of ~60-70 people. As you know it's a new programme and only started accepting application in late December. Many people probably don't know about it, and it seems like not too many people applied to it YET. I expect this to change next year when the programme starts picking up a momentum with applicants and employers.

I didn't apply as I managed to get an offer from the LSE before submitting my application and decided not ot bother with it. I would, however, have applied had I not received an offer from LSE. It seems like a great programme. Also, from speaking to current Imperial MSc Management students, they all said that they would have applied to this programme if it was available last year as it seems very interesting. I agree with them.

Good luck with the interview.
Reply 9
I've got an offer and am currently deciding if to take it or go with MSc management at LSE

Gooood luck!
Reply 10
Original post by d000d
I've got an offer and am currently deciding if to take it or go with MSc management at LSE

Gooood luck!

could you plz share ur interview experience with us?
And when was ur interview?

THX!!and BIG CONG!!!
Reply 11
Original post by Rex Regis
If it helps, I went to that programme's 'open evening'. The course coordinator is Dr. Anjali Bakhru, who is also a full-time professor at Middlesex University. Another guy who is responsible for that programme is Jonathan Haskel, who used to be the head of (what then used to be) the Department of Economics at Queen Mary.

The taster lecture was very nice and engaging and the course is seems to be very well thought of. I know Dr. Bakhru is aiming for a class of ~60-70 people. As you know it's a new programme and only started accepting application in late December. Many people probably don't know about it, and it seems like not too many people applied to it YET. I expect this to change next year when the programme starts picking up a momentum with applicants and employers.

I didn't apply as I managed to get an offer from the LSE before submitting my application and decided not ot bother with it. I would, however, have applied had I not received an offer from LSE. It seems like a great programme. Also, from speaking to current Imperial MSc Management students, they all said that they would have applied to this programme if it was available last year as it seems very interesting. I agree with them.

Good luck with the interview.

Big cong for your LSE offer!
Many thx for your info share about ESB. It did help!!!

it is only 60-70 people, so it will still be competitive due to the limited places.
Reply 12
Original post by bunny rabbit
could you plz share ur interview experience with us?
And when was ur interview?

THX!!and BIG CONG!!!

My interview was a little over a month ago.
Be prepared to answer questions much like in job interviews: why ICBS, why the course, what do you add to ICBS/ESB, cv questions. Make sure to also read up on the relevant news that day/week and of course be knowledgeable on the euro crisis.

Overall the interviewer was very neutral, not out to get you like you may find in some instances.

Hope it helps and GL.
Reply 13
i got an offer for this programme as well! it seems really promising but im not really sure about it... all of the courses are compulsory and there are 14 of them!
Reply 14
Original post by wtd
i got an offer for this programme as well! it seems really promising but im not really sure about it... all of the courses are compulsory and there are 14 of them!

Same.. also a bit worried about it being new for this year...
What are your alternatives?
Reply 15
Original post by d000d
My interview was a little over a month ago.
Be prepared to answer questions much like in job interviews: why ICBS, why the course, what do you add to ICBS/ESB, cv questions. Make sure to also read up on the relevant news that day/week and of course be knowledgeable on the euro crisis.

Overall the interviewer was very neutral, not out to get you like you may find in some instances.

Hope it helps and GL.

it seems hard...
THX!!!
Reply 16
i have a finance background and my other alternatives have to do mostly with finace, so im leaning towards them...imperial has the greatest reputation though. im very concerned with what i should do.

the interview is easy don't worry!
Original post by wtd
i have a finance background and my other alternatives have to do mostly with finace, so im leaning towards them...imperial has the greatest reputation though. im very concerned with what i should do.

Just a few advantages of taking this course apart form the knowledge/education skills you'll gain is that it gives you skills that you can apply to the workplace straight away, it buys you more time to do an internship or find a job: you can apply for another round of many graduate training schemes when you finish. It also gives you the chance to expand your network & meet others from different backgrounds. The careers teams at business schools are very motivated on finding jobs and projects for their students.
Reply 18
I will interview 2hours later...

Wish me goooooood luck!!!hah...
Reply 19
I interviewed on 29th, Mar and received offer the next day.
they move soooooo fast!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending