The Student Room Group

Imperial College MSc Economics & Strategy for Business (ESB)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Hi, im a final year economics student in Asia. Im looking for postgraduation in management and economics ( business) in UK. Really interested in ESB from imperial. However nothing relating to consulting in Cv. How should i prepare for my application? Also, im open to other colleges too, provides good accredition and ranking. Suggestions welcomed.
Reply 241
What a great thread. At the moment I'm moving through some ideas of where to study and this course is on my radar.

I'd like to pose to you guys the question of mathematical expectations for the course. How hard is the quantitative side? How was your mathematical aptitude tested in the interview? I suppose any kind of reference material or maths topics you covered would help me greatly.
Reply 242
Original post by Idols
What a great thread. At the moment I'm moving through some ideas of where to study and this course is on my radar.

I'd like to pose to you guys the question of mathematical expectations for the course. How hard is the quantitative side? How was your mathematical aptitude tested in the interview? I suppose any kind of reference material or maths topics you covered would help me greatly.

Browse back one page and you'll find a reply from me on exactly this.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1949612&page=12
Hi everyone - great thread! Is there anyone else here who is considering applying for 2016 entry? Would be good to hear everyone else's backgrounds etc!
I am applying for 2016. What is your background?
Original post by uzairali93

Nice! I graduated this summer from a roughly 20th ranked uni in the UK with a first class BSc Economics. Taking a gap year before masters to gain some exp and save up a bit. Currently working as a financial analyst intern in Shanghai and have done another more academic-based internship as well.

What about you? Have you done much research on the course at all?
Original post by uzairali93

Hey. I will also be Joining in 2016. I will graduate next year from a uni in Asia. Looking to joinMSc in international business but not sure which university to apply to. As of now thinking of university of Birmingham, Kent and Nottingham Trent. Any advice?
Original post by anne1305
Hey. I will also be Joining in 2016. I will graduate next year from a uni in Asia. Looking to joinMSc in international business but not sure which university to apply to. As of now thinking of university of Birmingham, Kent and Nottingham Trent. Any advice?

Are you thinking of applying to this course as well?

It depends, what university are you at and what are your grades like?
Original post by EconomistJack
Hi everyone - great thread! Is there anyone else here who is considering applying for 2016 entry? Would be good to hear everyone else's backgrounds etc!

Hey there! I am considering an application for 2016 too in early jan. 1st class honours in management with two internships. One in an international social enterprise and another in a global sports mnc. Still hesitating since placement for graduates in MBB doesn't seem so promising.

Any graduates care to comment?
Reply 249
what did you do at the end???
Reply 250
Original post by Pal123
Well guys, I was rejected today, so now we know you can get rejected after the interview. Hope you all enjoy the program! :smile:

what did they ask to you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending