The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Geography

Hey I am doing straight Geography at Lancaster this september and just wondered how many other people were thinking of doing it!

Also which college you are thinking of putting down your first and second choice.

PS When do we hear from the uni about our accomdation is it straight after we accept it or later on in the year?

Thanx:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 1
You'll hear about your accomodation after you've got your A-level results and the uni have confirmed you're in. You'll get so many forms to send off and letters to read it's unbelievable. And you'll need quite a few passport photos too.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm doing staight Geography too:smile: and I'm reckoning Furness first choice, Lonsdale second!
Reply 3
im doing Geography too, probably at Lancaster, i rekon Londsdale as first, dunno about second yet!
Reply 4
Hey! ive been offered a place for straight geography aswell, and am hoping to get into cartmel college. with straight geog you can take one other subject in your first year. I get decide between english or theatre (my 2 other A levels with geog) or whether to do something completely new. What r other ppl thinking of taking?
Reply 5
that shud say can't decide lol!
Reply 6
hellooo fellow geographers! I'm currently doing geography at lancaster uni and i'm in lonsdale college - tis great! Although, if you're thinking about choosing a college i'd probably choose furness. Lonsdale is good and we DO have good accomodation, it's just a bit too far away from the main campus and it has less college spirit than many of the other colleges (well, apart from Cartmel - do NOT choose the college) Furness bar plays really cool music, the people are friendly and they've just had all new accomodation bulit!!
Reply 7
We are turning all of the future Lonsdalians away Kate!
I've noticed! Tut tut
Come to Lonsdale, it's amazing and we're here!
(this especially applies to boys with nice hair)
Reply 9
ooh yesh, i have to agree with caroline - boys with nice hair - move into house 39 next year please (in Lonsdale) :smile:
Reply 10
Lies. Forget Lonsdale, you lot are the downfall of your own reputation...

I'm in Furness and it's dead centre of campus so it's convenient for everything (I'm 15 seconds away from Greggs, 30 seconds away from Spar and a minute away from the kebab/pizza shop). The bar's a homely one and has wonderful beers, atmosphere and music. You can get ensuite in Furness too and they're bigger rooms than in Lonsdale/Cartmel, and we have new blocks of accomodation.

If you want a decent bar, in honesty, go to County. They got theirs done up last year and it's very plush, expansive space, nice leather seating and a big screen for the football. It's closer to the centre of campus than Lonsdale and Cartmel, because it's at the other end and not in a seperate, isolated block. Decent accomodation too.

If you want to see ALL the football though, go to Grizedale. It's a really good bar but, again, not as central as other colleges, but not as far out as L & C.

Stay away from Fylde and Pendle. No one likes them. Fylde are the sports college, which means they're full of morons (I'm not kidding) and Pendle are just weird, they like clubs like Liquid and Carleton.

Furness rules though. Home of the real ale festival, the 15 hour bar crawl and, of course, me!
Reply 11
well, im totally confused as to which collage to join now! i think ill just do ip-dip-do.
im doing earth science with geography in september (party coz it only wants BCC and party coz im a geek), anyone else the same?
I have applied to do Geography, but would like to take Earth science as my extra subject. I guess that means I'm a geek too!
Reply 13
cool nice one. we can be fellow geeks!
Reply 14
I've applied to do Physical Geography (Australasia) - could not say no to a year in aus or new zealand - and to fylde college.

Is there anyone else on here who is doing this course, or knows anyone who is doing this course and what they think of it?
Meee!! im planning on doing earth and environmental science with a year in abroad!! im also a geek then, but i reakon im a cool geek who doesnt actually resemble a geek but just likes geeky things like geog lol ermmm check out my myspace and see for ur self if im a geek plz haha www.myspace.com/superstar1471 thanks x x x
Reply 16
Hey im hopefully coming to lancaster to study Geography and Earth Science Ive chosen furness followed by pendle for my colleges. Well anyway if anyone can tell me what the earth science side is like id bge greatful.

Latest

Trending

Trending