The Student Room Group

Muslim ladies? General Muslims?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NannyD
This is true but I dont understand how someones sees sense that way...why would you want someone to convert for YOU?Thos that convert : Whats going to happen when they're fed up of You? You should only convert for yourself to give peace to your soul. Not because you 'love' someone else.

Agreed. Being a Muslim myself, I would dislike it if I guy converted only because he wanted to be with me and not because he believed in the religion itself.
Reply 21
Original post by dotdotdotdot
[2:221] Do not marry idolatresses unless they believe; a believing woman is better than an idolatress, even if you like her. Nor shall you give your daughters in marriage to idolatrous men, unless they believe. A believing man .is better than an idolater, even if you like him. These invite to Hell, while GOD invites to Paradise and forgiveness, as He wills. He clarifies His revelations for the people, that they may take heed.

[5:5] Today, all good food is made lawful for you. The food of the people of the scripture is lawful for you. Also, you may marry the chaste women among the believers, as well as the chaste women among the followers of previous scripture, provided you pay them their due dowries. You shall maintain chastity, not committing adultery, nor taking secret lovers. Anyone who rejects faith, all his work will be in vain, and in the Hereafter he will be with the losers.

I have a better Translation for you look below this...

The first part you posted refers to people who believe in more than one God and believe in idols. In the olden days people used to worship many stone idols and make them their God since this leads to ascribing partners with God it's classed as a major sin as your supposed to devout yourself to God. A person who believes in ONE God is better than those who believe in many Gods. Thats what it means as their is only ONE God.

The second part I dont understand why you posted it since it includes 'Also, you may marry the chaste women among the believers, as well as the chaste women among the followers of previous scripture, provided you pay them their due dowries. You shall maintain chastity, not committing adultery, nor taking secret lovers.'

It shows that woman can marry devout woman from the book (christians and jews so unless you find someone devout and very practising you can marry her. However this is not the case as religion has become a mockery today and some people dont know what devout means. It also shows how men have a duty towards woman (they should be loyal to them and care from them).

You have to understand the Qur'an got revealed a long time go and sometimes you have to study hard to see what the truth really is. Even Muslims have to study hard about what things really mean within it. Scholars have had to explain to people. Truth is if something seems awkward to you in the Qur'an (People interpret things differently) or immoral go research it from proper scholars/proper sources otherwise its so easy to get misguided.

Anyways I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway.

2:21 And do not marry polytheistic women until they believe. And a believing slave woman is better than a polytheist, even though she might please you. And do not marry polytheistic men [to your women] until they believe. And a believing slave is better than a polytheist, even though he might please you. Those invite [you] to the Fire, but Allah invites to Paradise and to forgiveness, by His permission. And He makes clear His verses to the people that perhaps they may remember.

5:5 This day [all] good foods have been made lawful, and the food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. And [lawful in marriage are] chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the Scripture before you, when you have given them their due compensation, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse or taking [secret] lovers. And whoever denies the faith - his work has become worthless, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending