The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by StaedtlerNoris
Hey guys,

I didn't get a AS UMS email, however I got a work experience one. Did anyone get this? I'm a little concerned...does it mean that I appear untrustworthy or something?

It doesn't mean that, UCL do this every year I cant remember the percentages exactly but they ask a small proportion of applicants every year for confirmation on their work experience, you are obviously part of that randomly selected group so don't worry about it

Original post by Lricketts
Hey guys,

Has anyone else got an e-mail from UCL asking for further information about your AS grades? I was really scared when I read the email and have just sent off my statements of results to them! What does this mean?

UCL ask everyone who hasn't supplied their AS grades on their UCAS form (at least I think so) they asked everyone who didn't supply them in my sixth form last year but that might have just been a coincidence but again I really wouldn't worry about it
Reply 381
I gave all my AS grades with modules on my UCAS and didnt recieve an email, so perhaps j.t-jack is right?

Also, I swear UCL get our BMAT scores the same time we get them :K:
Reply 382
Original post by AtomicMan
I gave all my AS grades with modules on my UCAS and didnt recieve an email, so perhaps j.t-jack is right?

Also, I swear UCL get our BMAT scores the same time we get them :K:

I gave them my AS module grades as well but I still recieved an email! Confusing stuff! :L
Reply 383
I gave them my AS module grades as well but I still recieved an email! Confusing stuff! :L

Deffo getting rejected by UCL now :/
Original post by j.t-Jack
You will love it trust me I could never leave this place (unless UCL and imperial reject me) where are you applying from then, you an international?

I'm Polish so that makes me EU student, not international :biggrin:
Cambridge, UCL, Birmingham, Lancaster and already got a back up offer for Biomedical Sciences at Newcastle. You?
It doesn't mean that, UCL do this every year I cant remember the percentages exactly but they ask a small proportion of applicants every year for confirmation on their work experience, you are obviously part of that randomly selected group so don't worry about it

UCL ask everyone who hasn't supplied their AS grades on their UCAS form (at least I think so) they asked everyone who didn't supply them in my sixth form last year but that might have just been a coincidence but again I really wouldn't worry about it

Oh thank God, I started panicking then since I'd not got one!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same thing happened to me. I'm guessing they want to know exact UMS scores.
Reply 387
Original post by lastlullabyy
I'm Polish so that makes me EU student, not international :biggrin:
Cambridge, UCL, Birmingham, Lancaster and already got a back up offer for Biomedical Sciences at Newcastle. You?

Think I have already mentioned them in the thread before but I applied to UCL, Imperial, nottingham, Aberdeen and KCL for neuroscience, much more realistic options than last year (I didn't really research my options very well last year) so Im hoping for at least one offer this year
Think I have already mentioned them in the thread before but I applied to UCL, Imperial, nottingham, Aberdeen and KCL for neuroscience, much more realistic options than last year (I didn't really research my options very well last year) so Im hoping for at least one offer this year

:smile: That's good then. I already got one offer but not sure whether I'll use it in case of four medicine rejections...
Reply 389
:smile: That's good then. I already got one offer but not sure whether I'll use it in case of four medicine rejections...

I got an offer for neuroscience at Bristol last year but I didn't end up taking it mainly for financial reasons and my head of upper school advised me against it seeing as I done quite well in my A-levels but I will accept it this year if (god forbid) I get 4 rejections again
Original post by Boom533
Are you guys sending references with the WExp details? do we need to send references for all of them?

That's what I'm doing :redface: How many placements do you have? :tongue: As I have a GP/a hospital one. But one more which I may add to the list.

And we don't need to do anything for volunteering right?
Original post by Boom533
4, but only got a reference for 1 of them (the abroad one) on me. Other 3 are 1 hosp, 2 GPs. hosp reference is being sent soon, dunno if I can get the GP ones though...need to call them up tomorrow. I think they want a list of all of them, so I'd include the other one as well.

And nope, pretty sure it's just work exp.

Hm well the other one (at a community hosp) was not mentioned on my PS and I'm not sure whether I'd be comfortable talking about it. So may just leave it out :tongue: I've just sent out loads of frantic emails :tongue:
I got an offer for neuroscience at Bristol last year but I didn't end up taking it mainly for financial reasons and my head of upper school advised me against it seeing as I done quite well in my A-levels but I will accept it this year if (god forbid) I get 4 rejections again

well in case like the one mentioned by you, I'll probably stay in Poland and study medicine here... Although I hope it won't happen.
got asked about work experience and now frantically emailing people asking for a reference --- do you think i should add a reference from the care home where i work every week? it's voluntary work - i did mention it in my personal statement and my parents say it IS work experience but idk if i should?
also, is this randomly selected or am i getting rejected or what? they have our BMAT results already? ugh i almost pooped myself when i saw the UCL email --- this waiting is really stressful
Reply 394
Original post by Peace_Frog
got asked about work experience and now frantically emailing people asking for a reference --- do you think i should add a reference from the care home where i work every week? it's voluntary work - i did mention it in my personal statement and my parents say it IS work experience but idk if i should?
also, is this randomly selected or am i getting rejected or what? they have our BMAT results already? ugh i almost pooped myself when i saw the UCL email --- this waiting is really stressful

what email?
Reply 395
well in case like the one mentioned by you, I'll probably stay in Poland and study medicine here... Although I hope it won't happen.

Then I hope for the both of us that we did decent on the BMAT :biggrin:

Original post by Peace_Frog

If you mentioned it in your personal statement than I would definitely get a reference and I think all of us are on agreement that it is randomly selected though we are still unsure about them asking for AS grades
Then I hope for the both of us that we did decent on the BMAT :biggrin:

We'll find out... Soon... Although I'd rather didn't know my score... :biggrin:
Reply 397
We'll find out... Soon... Although I'd rather didn't know my score... :biggrin:

Haha some of my friends are actually not finding out their score, they are just going to wait and hope to hear from Imperial
Reply 398
Haha some of my friends are actually not finding out their score, they are just going to wait and hope to hear from Imperial

Sounds like a plan!
Reply 399
Original post by AmirHabeeb
Sounds like a plan!

Judging from your academic info on your profile I don't think you really need to worry :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending