The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by AspiringGenius
people who have been getting interviews, how did you find out, was i through email or did you have to check the portal? because i can't be bothered with the poprtal. the password thing is ridiculous

I think it says that they let all candidates know by email. That's certainly how they let me know :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 781
Got my first medical interview from UCL! :biggrin: Excited and nervous to head over to London soon!
Original post by makh13
Got my first medical interview from UCL! :biggrin: Excited and nervous to head over to London soon!

Well done! congrats :biggrin: Are you an international? :smile:
Reply 783
Original post by makh13

How is your BMAT?
Reply 784
Original post by sebi
What is imperials cutoff this year just outta interest ? Can't seem to find it on the Internet!

I would hazard a guess at roughly 4.5 4.5 2.5C
SI and SII may be even lower and SIII could be higher
but if you have something like 5 5 3A then your almost definately above the cuttoff
Reply 785
Original post by raveen789
Well done! congrats :biggrin: Are you an international? :smile:

Thank you, and yes I am an international :smile:

Original post by Anhedonia
How is your BMAT?

My BMAT scores were 5.6, 5.6, 5A. Turned out a lot better than I had expected so I can't really complain.
Reply 786
Original post by zy55
I would hazard a guess at roughly 4.5 4.5 2.5C
SI and SII may be even lower and SIII could be higher
but if you have something like 5 5 3A then your almost definately above the cuttoff

Oh no I've applied to UCL with 5.3 4 3.5A (damn section 2!!) and was just curious about imperials cut off because I was at one point considering applying there :smile:
Original post by sebi
Oh no I've applied to UCL with 5.3 4 3.5A (damn section 2!!) and was just curious about imperials cut off because I was at one point considering applying there :smile:

I got similar to you 4.7 4.0 3.5A really disheartened by s2, I think its the only one stopping me from meeting Imperials cut off this year :frown:
Reply 788
Do I stand a chance if my BMAT is only 4.7, 5.3, 3C? I am an international. Is it true competition is more fierce for internationals?
Reply 789
Original post by cktsui
Do I stand a chance if my BMAT is only 4.7, 5.3, 3C? I am an international. Is it true competition is more fierce for internationals?

UCL takes a holistic approach so we really don't know.

And yes to that. Around 80 people are called for interview, ~24 receive offers.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 790
Just out of curiosity, has anyone on a gap year received an interview in December?
Reply 791
Original post by sebi

ah well you should be fine anyway, UCL average is 4.5 4.5 3A
you have more than that so if your academic profile is good youl should get that interview :smile:
Reply 792
Original post by Ivo
Just out of curiosity, has anyone on a gap year received an interview in December?

I don't think so, Im on a gap year as well and anxiously waiting. Have you heard from anywhere else?
Reply 793
Original post by zy55
ah well you should be fine anyway, UCL average is 4.5 4.5 3A
you have more than that so if your academic profile is good youl should get that interview :smile:

Hmm, I know two of my sections are above but my gcses aren't strictly fabulous either! 5.5 a* 7a's and one b (missed three a*s by a couple of marks each - major face palm but life goes on)

Hopefully they'll take on that holistic approach everyone's gushing over and give me an interview!

Oh UCL :confused:
Reply 794
Original post by sebi
Hmm, I know two of my sections are above but my gcses aren't strictly fabulous either! 5.5 a* 7a's and one b (missed three a*s by a couple of marks each - major face palm but life goes on)

Hopefully they'll take on that holistic approach everyone's gushing over and give me an interview!

Oh UCL :confused:

Yer im in the same sort of dilemma as you, 3A*s 4A 3B :/
My predicted A levels and Bmat are good so hopefully, holistic approach :smile:
Regardless, if we get interviews it won't be before February, in January they only interview gap year, internationals and graduates.
Reply 795
Reading everyone's BMAT scores is depressing. Now I don't think I have a chance at all with 3.4,5.0,4.5A, especially as an international student.
Reply 796
Original post by verok1943
Reading everyone's BMAT scores is depressing. Now I don't think I have a chance at all with 3.4,5.0,4.5A, especially as an international student.

Nah im sure you will get a UCL interview, they cant ignore an essay like that
Original post by zy55
Yer im in the same sort of dilemma as you, 3A*s 4A 3B :/
My predicted A levels and Bmat are good so hopefully, holistic approach :smile:
Regardless, if we get interviews it won't be before February, in January they only interview gap year, internationals and graduates.

I got same GCSEs as you! :redface: they say that they don't use GCSEs as much as other indicators but are simply to view general academic achievement, or something!
What's everyone wearing? It'll be my first interview so I don't really know how people tend to dress. Especially girls, 'cause for guys its easier :P
Reply 799
Original post by raveen789
I got same GCSEs as you! :redface: they say that they don't use GCSEs as much as other indicators but are simply to view general academic achievement, or something!

Yup, problem is, I dont know how important the general academic achievement is! Everyone else in my school has 7-11 A*s then theres us chillin' with 3 :biggrin: Hope A levels and Bmat will counteract that, how did your Bmat go?

Latest

Trending

Trending