Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I still get into University without a Maths grade C?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I'm in college studying a Level 3 national diploma in business.
    I'm expected to get a triple Distinction*
    Although I have a Grade D In Maths.

However, I have a Level 2 functional skills in Maths, Adult Literacy and Numeracy tests at a pass and I have the option of taking a skills for life in college if it will aid my application more.

I want to apply for Brighton, Plymouth, Edinburgh and possibly Bournemouth...
    Can someone help me?!

Is there anyway I could boost my application more and make it more desirable to the universities so my Maths won't be as noticeable?

I would retake if I could but the nearest place to retake near me is so hard to get to, especially in the evenings considering I don't drive either
    Thank you!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd email the unis you want to apply for and ask if they'll accept adult numeracy as a replacement. I would consider resitting though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not 100% but it appears on most of the uni's i have looked at myself; maths at grade C is needed, i think you should check it out on UCAS.com to have a look and see if any of the universities you have listed either say it isn't needed or don't specify and then as the person above said, email the college/uni's directly. I also think the course you are planning on taking at university would alter weather or not the C really necessary.

the only other thing i would say is that it might be worth toughing it out and getting GCSE maths done, even if you can get into the uni without it, you may have difficulty finding a job as most (especialy jobs in business) ask for it.

hope this helps, and good luck!!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 2, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.