The Student Room Group

TSR Hindu Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AppleB
I agree with not sacrificing animals :redface:
They seem cool

You're from Kenya???? :woo:
Thanks for the link :biggrin:

Lool nowadays whenever people hear that I'm from Kenya, they treat me like some celebrity :biggrin::tongue:
Its literally like any other country people!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ssshah2
Lool nowadays whenever people hear that I'm from Kenya, they treat me like some celebrity :biggrin::tongue:
Its literally like any other country people!

Is it hard being a Hindu in Kenya?
Original post by AppleB
Is it hard being a Hindu in Kenya?

Of course not!! There are sooo many of us here, several temples. We also have many community centres. Some would say that we are the dominant economic community in the country.
In fact, Hindus have been here since the 19th century at the very least.

P.S.Narendra Modi is coming here next month
Original post by ssshah2
Of course not!! There are sooo many of us here, several temples. We also have many community centres. Some would say that we are the dominant economic community in the country.
In fact, Hindus have been here since the 19th century at the very least.

P.S.Narendra Modi is coming here next month

Oh wow!
That's sooo cool!!!
Are you going to meet him??
Reply 1864
Reply 1865
Reply 1866
'Vedanta declares that religion is here and now, because the question of this life and that life, of life and death, this world and that world, is merely one of superstition and prejudice.

[...]

So, says Vedanta, religion is to be realised now. And for you to become religious means that you will start without any religion, work your way up and realise things, see things for yourself; and when you have done that, then, and then alone, you have religion.

Before that you are no better than atheists, or worse, because the atheist is sincere he stands up and says, "I do not know about these things while those others do not know but go about the world, saying, "We are very religious people." What religion they have no one knows, because they have swallowed some grandmother's story, and priests have asked them to believe these things.'

- The Methods and Purpose of Religion, Volume 6, The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1867
Hey everyone,

I'll be leaving TSR tonight and consequently won't be the Group Leader of the Hindu Soc any more. It's been a great honour and privilege to be the leader of this Soc for the last 8 months (even if it was dead most of the time :lol:).

Without further ado, I present to you the new leader of the Hindu Soc, @MrsSheldonCooper and hope you all support her by keeping this thread alive and helping her correct misconceptions of Hinduism whenever required.

Satya Sanatana Dharma Ki Jai!
Namaste oh mighty Queen @MrsSheldonCooper

May her rule be as savage as her wit
Original post by Atlas Thugged
Namaste oh mighty Queen @MrsSheldonCooper

May her rule be as savage as her wit

Cheers hun :tongue:

So much power :colone:
Nucdev shall be missed

halllooooooo @MrsSheldonCooper
Original post by AppleB
Nucdev shall be missed

halllooooooo @MrsSheldonCooper

Hiiiiiii :*

Free samosas and puppies for all :colone:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Hiiiiiii :*

Free samosas and puppies for all :colone:

:biggrin:
Oooooohhh samosas
:coma:
K I'm up for it
LOOL

I like them crunchy :colone:

Pupppppiiiieeeesssss
YAAAAAAAAY :ahee:
They're so cute aaaww

I love piglets too :teehee:
Original post by nucdev
Hey everyone,

I'll be leaving TSR tonight and consequently won't be the Group Leader of the Hindu Soc any more. It's been a great honour and privilege to be the leader of this Soc for the last 8 months (even if it was dead most of the time :lol:).

Without further ado, I present to you the new leader of the Hindu Soc, @MrsSheldonCooper and hope you all support her by keeping this thread alive and helping her correct misconceptions of Hinduism whenever required.

Why are you leaving us mere bhai?? :frown:*
Original post by AppleB
:biggrin:
Oooooohhh samosas
:coma:
K I'm up for it
LOOL

I like them crunchy :colone:

Pupppppiiiieeeesssss
YAAAAAAAAY :ahee:
They're so cute aaaww

I love piglets too :teehee:

[video="youtube;ZyrvMuNPJ-Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyrvMuNPJ-Y[/video]

You're welcome :tongue:
Original post by nucdev
Hey everyone,

T'was great knowing you @nucdev, and I commend your efforts in helping us understand our faith better.

Satya Sanatana Dharma Ki Jai
Original post by nucdev
Hey everyone,

Good bye dear friend. I wish you the best of luck in life. I've known you for a very little while but it was great meeting you.
All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
[video="youtube;ZyrvMuNPJ-Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyrvMuNPJ-Y[/video]

You're welcome :tongue:

AAAAAAAHHHHHH YEEEEEAH OMG MY FEELS
sooooo cute right??
:teehee:
@MrsSheldonCooper Thanks for the follow :smile:
[video="youtube;-ulidKw6v1U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ulidKw6v1U[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending