The Student Room Group

Cosmopolitan Student Accommodation Manchester September 2012

Hey you guys, Im a second year student and Im looking to move into Cosmopolitan student accommodation Grafton Street in Manchester this September. (All my friends are living in houses in September, but I didn't want to worry about bills, especially in my second year).
Im going to be moving in on my own and wanted to live in a 5, 6 or 7 bedroom flat (I feel there's more people to talk to).
I just wanted to know what its like at Cosmo Grafton Street and if anybody else is moving in this year :-D. If you know, or are moving in this year, let me know :-D
:colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
DO NOT live in Cosmo. I was unfortunate to book this place instead of university owned accommodation as I went through clearing and was struggling to find accommodation. It is full of unsociable international students. Yes the walls are neat and smooth but I would much rather have peeling walls and nice people!
The bathrooms need maintenance once a month otherwise they flood and it is by far the boringest and crappiest accommodation I have ever lived in :-) Go for MCR - I've booked into VP next year as it has local parking, much nicer accommodation even though it has a shared bathroom - the flats only have 3 bedrooms each so you're not sharing with many and you even get a proper bath! Plus cosmo's heaters are crap and as Manchester geographical location causes it to be rainy and cold most of the year round, you may just freeze in your room unless you invest in a personal heater or hot water bottle. It didn't feel like home for me and I cannot wait to move out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending