The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: THAT's my Fave, Because of THIS!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Texan BBQ. Haven't tried many others, I remember their cheese steak pizza was pretty bland, and if it aint broke, why fix it

Favourite menu item from BK excluding beef/chicken/fish burgers
Reply 181
Banoffe Pie its the perfect dessert chocolatey things make me feel sick after awhile but i could eat Banoffe Pie all day
Reply 182
Onion rings, or their sundaes. The onion rings coz let's face it, onion rings are awesome and not many places do em! and the sundaes coz unlike mcflurrys they have a really good ice cream to topping ratio with the syrup :smile:

Favourite thing to have chocolate chunks in?
(edited 12 years ago)
You're expecting me to say cake or Ice Cream..but no. My favourite thing to have chocolate chunks in is a cereal bar. I do love my cereal bars and when I find one that has a really generous proportion of chocolate chips/chunks/bits it is THE ONE. They're really needed to break up the dry oats or whatever else of the rest of the bar. Sometimes I pick them out, build up a pile..and save them til the end for one super CHOCOLATE CHUNK MOUNTAIN.

Favourite Kraft product?
Reply 184
You'd expect me to say CHEESE SLICES or CHEESY PASTA or something. Typical option.

No, my even more ULTRA OBVIOUS CHOICE is... CADBURY DAIRY MILK. Is there even another option? It's CADBURY DAIRY FREAKIN' MILK PEOPLE. It's my choice because it's the best. Even other epic products from Kraft like Green and Blacks and Toblerone are mere Robins to the Cadbury Batman.

What's your fave and why of... CHRISTMAS SEASONAL CONFECTIONERY?
Reply 185
STOLLEN! If that counts as confectionery? Just coz I love the marzipan/sugar/fruit/cake combo! It's one of my favourite parts of Xmas. Also Florentines, although they too are not strictly confectionery. I guess actual confectionery would be the Cadbury Smarties Baubles you buy to hang on the tree, coz you come down Xmas morning and BOOM; Xmas has begun, with chocolate for breakfast! :smile:

FAVOURITE SWEET ITEM TO OVERINDULGE IN?
...I could say truffles. But I wont. Instead, RICE PUDDING. It's stodgy and feeling and half a can should be enough to leave me satisfied. But I'll always go back for that second half. Then I'll still fancy more. EVEN THOUGH MY STOMACH IS PLEADING ME NOT TO.

Favourite pickled food?
The egg!!!!!! :biggrin: What isn't to like about the oval shaped balls of impossibly vinegary protein!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Love them so much

Favourite - flavoured sausage (you can't answer plain pork! :tongue: )
Reply 188
The mini wee willy winkie sausages are my favourite (the ones you get at parties) or the mini ones in roast wrapped in bacon! But flavoured? Probably pork and apple though I prefer them plain by far. The apple goes well with the pork though, like apple sauce I guess. But it's still not the same!

Favourite sweet tinned food?
If it counts, sweetcorn. It tastes too good to even be a vegetable. Green giant or no green giant, I love the stuff! Great with tuna in sarnies, or just in your dinner. I always throw it in a casserole too. Nice little crunch.

Favourite Burger king option?
Reply 190
The Sundaes! I think they're better than Mcflurry due to the topping to ice cream ratio which mcd's just don't seem to get!

Favourite Harvester main meal?
Chicken with BBQ sauce. And DOUGH BALLS. Always dough balls. Because I think they do super BBQ sauce, and they tend to grill/cook the chicken really well in my opinion.

Favourite form of white chocolate, and why?
Reply 192
Though I am predominately White chocolate adverse, I once purchased Sainsburys White chocolate and raspberry cookies (5 for £1). Dear god I did NOT regret it. These are still by far one of my favourite cookies; the White chocolate compliments the raspberry just right giving it a sweet flavour, matched by the crumbly yet crisp cookie. Buy them I tell you!

Favourite food with a soft/liquid centre?
Reply 193
Chicken Kievs! Amazing invention.

Favourite roast dinner component?
STUFFING.
The dark yet gorgeous horse.
It's always the quiet ones..

Favourite cereal and why?
Reply 195
I was going to say Chocapic or Crunch cereal for their decadent incredibleness.

I was going to say Force Flakes, Cheerios or All Bran for their "how can this be so tasty when it's virtuous?!" factor.

But my favourite has to be Weetabix. The simple reasoning is that Weetabix is just so incredibly versatile. On its own, with toppings, with milk or yoghurt, warmed in water, milkshake; it is the perfect base upon which to build a delicious breakfast dish.

What's your fave and why of SUPPERS FROM THE CHIPPY?
Reply 196
BATTERED SAUSAGE AND CHIPS (salt and vinegared of course). Because not only does it remind me of childhood fridays, but also I love the sausage to crunchy batter ratio; and I haven't had chippy supper in so long I've never tried the battered fish (standard 'I wont eat fish when there's a sausage option available' type of kid). And the chips are always so big and chunky, and with the salt and v carefully scattered, it makes for a delicious meal! Though about half way through it becomes Everest and I WILL complete it!

FAVOURITE CHINESE TAKEAWAY SINGLE DISH AND WHY?
Egg fried rice. I know it's boring but I'm a total rice fiend and the one dish I have to have from the Chinese when we get it.

FAVOURITE CURRY AND WHY?
Reply 198
Korma. Because I'm not a curry fan in general, but I find Korma curries are an expectable compromise if I have to choose SOMETHING. Add some Saag Aloo and I'm pretty happy really. Korma isn't spicy so it doesn't have the mouth fire 'I now can't enjoy my meal' affect and I love the hint of coconut in it! And Saag Aloo? Well who doesn't love potatoes and spinach hey? :biggrin:

Favourite Wagamama's meal?
Reply 199
Dani, your answer to the previous one made me have to snap the neck of a Labrador puppy. As happens when anyone consciously opts for the Chicken Dessert Curry option. Sorry, it's just my compulsion. In any scenario, little Fido was only 2 weeks old so he was oblivious, you'll be glad to hear.

ANYWAY. I'm no elitist but Wagamama tends to do very westernised Soba/Udon dishes that are a wee bit "fast foody", but Duck Soba is always a good choice as duck is a deliciously rich meat and, so long as they marinade the noodles correctly, unable to be overpowered like a lot of their marinades do to their meat/veg.

What's your fave and why of ICE CREAM VEHICLES (Cones, wafers, oysters, nougat wafers, biscuit cones, little tubs etc)

Quick Reply

Latest