The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: THAT's my Fave, Because of THIS!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Glass of orange juice. I remember waking up on holiday with bad hangovers in the boiling heat and popping down to the bar for a cold orange juice which was uber refreshing. Sometimes a cheeky fryup would follow :colone:

Favourite cornetto flavour?
Chocolate and mint. I am not a huge fan of fancy ice cream or chocolate; but love chocolate and mint.

Favourite sauce to have with steak?
My brain just screamed Peppercorn at me! Peppercorn sauce on a rare steak is just heaven....mmm. The flavour with the combination of the beed just sets my taste-buds a tingling.

FAVE and WHY of: midnight snacks
Reply 763
Hot weetabix or shredded wheat because it's lovely and comforting and equally helps send me off to sleep or crack on with some assignments.

Fave and why of fruit and meat combos.
Reply 764
Toughie as fruit and meat can be a disaster, but I find ham and pineapple actually quite nice. And if I'm not allowed to say fish (crab and mango=YUM) that'd be my meaty choice! I find crispy ham goes well with the sweet pineapple and bread, much to the disagreement of others...

Favourite thing to have jam with that isn't toast/scones
There's this polish cake that my housemate makes that is a bit like sweet bread, and it tastes so nice with a little bit of jam on it! It's half way between and cake and bread, which is a bit odd at first but then you soon fall in love! I really need to get the recipe from her.

Fave and why of: Pic n mix sweets
weird, I just posted about pic n mix before even seeing this. Anywayyyyyyyy, I'd say the strawbs!
From the taste, look, texture; I just love them. I always steal the strawbs if people offer me one of their sweets.
and then they usually moan, "DONT TAKE ALL THE STRAWBS THOUGH" If we love them so much I don't know why we don't just buy a bag of them instead...

fave and why of hotel breakfast options
Reply 767
EGGS BENEDICT!!
Because any moron can make a full fry up at home with their eyes closed, but a mean poached egg AND hollandaise combo takes a non-hungover head, and I pass on that :wink:

FAVE AND WHY OF FRUIT PASTILLE FLAVOURS/COLOURS?
Reply 768
You're really loving the specifics ey Toto! But I'd probably say GREEN! No one ever seems to like green sweets but I think there's something awesome about them. Lightly lime tasting and covered in sugar. Um, YUM.

FAVOURITE REECES ITEM THAT ISNT A MILK CHOCOLATE PB CUP?
Only other one I had is the wafer bars. Which are REALLY quite nice actually. I guess not too dissimilar too peanut butter kit kats given the wafer/peanut butter/chocolate combo. Put I prefer Reeses, they get the proportions just right. Though, don't prefer the price tag.

Fave and why of SAUSAGES
Reply 770
Used to be those amazing WALLBANGERS,before they were discontinued, and nowadays my Scottish heritage yells for me to favour the epic, sandwich-perfect, salty square sausage.

But I cannot. The child in me loves the quickly-cooked, juicy, eat-ten-per-one-bit-of-bread WEE WILLIE WINKIES!!

Seriously. Some epic mini snausage right there.

YOUR FAVE AND WHY IN THE BAG OF REVELS?
I was gonna say coffee (I know, judge me.) and then I was torn, and was gonna say the counter-esque discs. But I figured, the counters you could get in galaxy counter form, where else can you get the coffee? So it has to be that. SORRY PEEPS, JUDGE ME.

Fave and why of pancake toppings?
Lemon and sugar. Boring I know; but I love it! So simple and tasty. The sharpness of the lemon and sweetness of the sugar makes it so wonderful.

Favourite fruit to have with custard?
Reply 773
Tinned peaches. A bonus is the fusion of custard and syrup.

Favourite fast food chain for hot drinks?
Y'know what? I actually LOVE McDonalds black coffee. And the little loyalty card always pleases me. And I don't think I'd go to fast food places for any other specific hot drinks. So yeah, they win.

fave and why of CELEBRATIONS sweets
Reply 775
Galaxy caramel or Teasers. I'll say the former because I rarely have it outside celebrations and love the caramel lava.

FAVOURITE FLAVOUR OF WHAM BARS?
Reply 776
Has to be the original rasp one. Probably because the others are either sour as frig (currant etc) or pale imitations ("Brew" flavour is a crappy IRN BRU bar knockoff).

Your fave and why of things to eat with FISH AND CHIPS?
That's easy! Just plain ol' bread and butter. What do you need with fish and chips? CHIP BUTTY! Carbs ontop of carbs. What is better?

FAVE and WHY of: Dominos side orders.
Reply 778
With?!? You mean that's NOT enough?! If it has to be something, I'd say the pickled onions, because they have such a sharp flavour and it cuts through the greasy flavour of the rest of the food. Not that I'm knocking fish and chips you understand, it's a god food and I'd never do that. <3

FAVOURITE SALAD WITH A HOT COMPONENT?
I went to a French organic restaurant in London before seeing Wicked at the theatre and I had a chorizo and Prawn hot salad. It was actually, gorgeous. The prawn and sausage combo worked so well, the sweetness and saltiness balancing each other out. And it was olive free, which is always a relief.

fave and why of BASSETS sweets

Quick Reply

Latest