The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: THAT's my Fave, Because of THIS!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Paprika. I've found paprika gives a smoky, almost fiery egg taste in appearance and taste that goes ridiculously well... On a buttered English muffin. Boss!

Your fave and why of STUFF TO EAT ON A TRAIN?
Reply 801
Original post by MelissaJayne
HEHEHE CHOCOOOOO PLZPLZPLZ. My mum gets a lot of Taxis and has made friends with a cab driver, randomly he was going to belgium, bought back lots of chocolate and gave us loads. THEY DO IT RIGHT. And i'm yet to try a lot of their other food? (what do they do, actually? curious.)

Favourite scrambled egg addition?

The infamous Waffle Mel! Belgium waffles are to die for.

Favourite thing to eat on a train is a cereal bar. Sounds boring, but it's all all round good train choice. It doesn't make a mess, it doesn't smell or make noise causing people to glare, and it's a nice snack to keep you going till your destination. Plus, easy and convenient to carry with you. AND there's so much variety.

FAVOURITE CHOCOLATE DIPPED FOOD/SNACK?
Reply 802
KP white chocolate dip. Consumers have convex preferences but with these I always run out of chocolate with a few breadsticks left such is there yummyness.

Favourite national chain for chicken wings?
I hate cheap chicken shops. So the only place I'd probably go for wings is KFC. Even then, I'd never choose wings, I'd get a ZINGER!!!
I probably should have left this question for someone who likes/appreciate wings.
But I'm a TSR whore.

Favourite flavour to have with fish?
Reply 804
I was like PARSLEY! NO, WAIT! BASIL!

But then I remembered... DILL. Dill is one of those weird things that doesn't marry with a whole bunch, but it's like FISH AMPLIFIER!! OILY, WHITE, SHELL... DILL IS YER PAL!!

YOUR FAVE AND WHY OF SCOTTISH FOODS?
Reply 805
Scottish Pancakes. The cute tiny ones, especially the Lemon and Raisin flavoured ones. They make a nice light refreshing breakfast, and you can do so much with the plain ones. Have em with syrup, butter, honey, jam, plain. The choice is yours! And unlike the THICK American ones, it's not like a feast, it's a pleasant wake up. And there's not a meat in sight, maple syrup, bacon and pancakes? No. Just no.

FAVOURITE AND WHY OF STRAWBERRY FLAVOURED SWEETS
Reply 806
CAMPINO.
Because strawb flavoured sweets never taste quiiiite right, but campinos TASTE LIKE STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM!! It's truly magic! Now if I didn't have to EU import em...

Your fave and why of BISCUITS WITH A JAM FILLING/TOPPING?
Marks and Spencers Strawberries and Cream sugar-free sweets Toto. They taste EXACTLY like Campino.
The butterscotch ones are like Werthers.

and Viennese whirls. They're the best Kipling product and the best jam filled biscuits. It isn't that awful jam thats in jammy dodgers. It's perfect with a softer biscuit, rather than a somewhat more snappy one. The proportions are right.

fave and why of ben and jerrys ice cream
Reply 808
Phish food frozen yoghurt; chocolate pieces, marshmallow swirls, chocolate ice cream and caramel sauce. What's not to love?! :biggrin: not a fan of the cookie dough one, it's just vanilla ice cream and cookie dough. Bit boring in my view.

FAVOURITE TESCO'S OWN ICE CREAM?
Reply 809
TESCO CARAMELLO. Oh hell, this stuff is good; better than the Carte D'or equivalent, as you get thicker caramel and fudgier CARABITS that taste vaguely caramacky!!

Your fave and why of THE PUB SHARING PLATTER STARTER?
Reply 810
Toto that stuff is amazingggg. Good choice :wink: my favourite pub sharing platter is probably button mushrooms, if that's what you mean, as I love me some mushrooms and everyone can just pick one up and munch it. The onion rings are usually a good call to, or nachos because they're pretty filling and made right can be so tasty!

FAVOURITE TROPICAL FRUIT?
Reply 811
Mango. Mango guys, stick, don't twist!!
Once you start venturing into Durian town you're doomed. Mango is literally as exotic as you go before it becomes "but it looked so pretty, why the taste of hell?

Your fave and why of dinners to eat with your parents?
Reply 812
I love eating Taco's with my parents. Purely because it breaks down any barriers, or need to be polite, its more like; ready steady GO GO GO. It's a free for all, and that's the best way to be. It makes dinner not only fun, but tasty too. And it suits everyone's tastes, because you can have chicken and/or beef, and you can add as much/little of each component as you wish.

FAVOURITE AND WHY OF DINNERS TO EAT ON A HOT SUMMERS DAY? (yes, they do exist, I've seen pictures)
Reply 813
For me, it's simply, barbecued, blackened prawn kebabs with a beer. Light enough to not be stodgy in the tum, whilst being mobile enough to be a "social summer" food.

FAVE AND WHY OF CRISPS ADDED TO A SANDWICH COMBO?
Mash sandwich, ready salted walkers crisps, bit of ketchup.
TRY IT before you judge it.
It'd have to be a neutral crisp, like ready salted, I don't want too much flavour from them - just that crunchy texture.
A seasoning and texture, almost!

Fave and why of picnic items?
Reply 815
Your suggestion is like KING OF NEUTRAL CARBAGE.INTRIGUE!! My fave of Picnic items is...

THE MIGHTY SCOTCH EGG.

It may be a caloriefest orb, but it is pure protein flavour. Sausagemeat is the reason we love stuffing, sausage rolls and all other meatloafy sexiness. Boiled egg, sausagemeat, sage, breadcrumbs ; throw in a beer and a stripper and we have a dirty fantasy evening here.

Your fave and why of FOOD SHAPED LIKE LOOPS/RINGS?
Reply 816
Onion rings. I only first ate them about a year ago and was pleasantly surprised. I'd happily have them instead of fries in some cases because they have a bit more to offer. Disappointed mcdonalds stopped selling them.

Favourite national chain for potatoe wedges?
Party rings! Brings back so many childhood memories. Now, just to find out if there's a wheat free version...

Favourite thing to have with rice pudding?
Reply 818
Chocolate sprinkled on top. It really enhances the yum factor.

Favourite brand of coffee?
Reply 819
Gevalia, it's a Swedish coffee. As a yes drinker, I find coffee very garish and "burnt" tasting; especially south American blends. This is very strong, but exceptionally smooth...

Like me, baby.

YOUR FAVE AND WHY OF CONDIMENTS THAT WORK EQUALLY WELL WITH JU K FOOD AND POSH NOSH?

Quick Reply

Latest