The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: THAT's my Fave, Because of THIS!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
My favourite toastie USED to be Cheese and onion, or Cheese and ham, for obvious reasons (hell, they're the "most ordered toastie fillings in UK" for a reason) - but now, I far prefer:

Cheese Pastrami!

The real upshot is that pastrami caters for both the ham and onion crowds alike. The salted, spiced beef offers the same salty meaty flavour and the peppery zing as ham and onion respectively, so I get best of both worlds!!

What's your fave and why of... CRISP FLAVOUR TO LICK OFF YOUR FINGERS?
Sweet chilli crisps. I am, and always will be, a chilli addict! :tongue:

What's your favourite type of pasta and why?
Oddly, my favourite way to have pasta is plain, cold, the day after it's cooked. All the bits stuck together. I might add a bit of butter and wack it in the microwave after my first few bites. It's super tasty.

favourite and why of sauces to add to food?
TOMATO SAUCE. I rarely add sauce to food, but tomato sauce is a but for some... eggy bread for instance. And chips. It compliments food in a way other can't. I love BBQ sauce, but it's not as essential to completing a meal as Tomato Sauce.

FAV AND WHY OF SUGAR FREE FOODS/SNACKS
Reply 1384
Has to be SAINSBURYS SUGAR FREE MARSHMALLOWS.

The fact that normal marshmallows are 30-45 calories apiece and are so easily crammed down my craw, it makes these the ultimate alternative considering they are 4 calories each and taste just as delectable!!

YOUR FAVE AND WHY OF DOUBLE-MEAT PAIRINGS?
PIGS IN BLANKETS. Is there any other choice?! Who would choose otherwise?!

Favourite food to snack on while working/doing an assignment
Werthers Originals..or cadburys eclairs. HANDS-FREE treats. You can keep your mits for like, writing or whatever boring shizz it is you're doing. And they have some duration on them too; suck away.

Favourite thing to pair with cheese?
Small chunk sweet pickle. That combo makes the best sandwiches ever. So simple yet so tasty!

Favourite flavour of Millie's Cookies? (Or indeed any cookie :wink:)
I wish I could say the cookie cake thing they do, but it was such a disappointment when I tried it. It's not a big cookie, its like a cake/cookie, and I wanted a giant cookie damn it! My favourite flavour of Millie's is, as boring as this is, Milk Chocolate. They just do it so well. Proper chocolate chunks, and crumbly moist cookie. Beautiful. Simply beautiful. The dark chocolate one was a nice twist, but I like my cookies sweet so milk chocolate is better for me! The white chocolate and raspberry is good too, but supermarket bakery ones are just as good, if not actually better. I haven't tried their other 'adventurous' flavours really.. though Banoffee and Choc Orange sound good.

FAVOURITE VEGETABLE TO EAT RAW?
I'm going to be predictable and say a carrot. They're lovely cooked or raw and they're lvoely and crunchy.

Your favourite and why of burnt food?
Cheesy pasta bake. I am always the first to dive in because the burnt edges are so crispy and delicious, and taste fab with the squidgy pasta inside. There is also something so satisfying about burning the top/ edges of a pasta bake ever so slightly.

Favourite condiment to eat with chips?
TOMATO SAUCE. chips-with-ketchup.jpg Nuff sed. None of this BBQ nonsense.

FAVOURITE FOOD TO BUY FROM BOOTS?
Don't usually get stuff from boots but had their low cal sushi the other day, it was surprisingly very good!

Favourite berry?

Original post by TotoMimo
Has to be SAINSBURYS SUGAR FREE MARSHMALLOWS.

Are these still sold? Please tell me they are, I can't find them on the website :frown:
Reply 1393
Original post by twelvepenguinbugs
Don't usually get stuff from boots but had their low cal sushi the other day, it was surprisingly very good!

Favourite berry?

Are these still sold? Please tell me they are, I can't find them on the website :frown:

They sure are, I got them yesterday as always. 65p. They're STILL the only supermarket to sell a vast range of sugar-free "regular" sweets, perfect as I have diabetic buddies.
Reply 1394

Oh, and though I adore their Boots Vegetable Medley Crisps (beetroot, parsnip, leeks etc - so, SO GOOD), their salted popcorn, their delicious white choco-strawberry popcorn and the toffee chocolate pecan popcorn (all of those things under 100 calories for snacktastic megatimes) - I cannot, CANNOT find better than their insanely sorcereriferic SALAD TRAYS. For a meagre 120, they do Indian Tandoori chicken, red onion, mango, raita AND onion Bhaji salad, or for 175 a king prawn, noodle and sweet chilli salad. All competitors versions are like, DOUBLE the calories and fat, leaving me to believe Boots are run by magical elves.

YOUR FAVE AND WHY OF FOOD YOU EAT WHEN YOU LITERALLY WANT TO MOVE AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE ON A COUCH POTATO DAY?
Popcorn. Freshly popped at home, not the greasy stuff you get in a bag. I usually make a colossal amount so I have a whole massive mixing bowl full of it. And of course, it has to be salty.

Favourite Christmas festive sweet treat?
Reply 1396
Marks and spencer fudge Yule log...heaven

Favourite fast food French fries?
Not just any fudge yule log folks!!

Definitely McDonalds. Burger King ones taste like..nothing. And KFC go through an identity crisis, am I fries or am I chips? Wimpy are pretty good. But McDonalds are the CLASSIC fries in my eyes. When I think fries, I think McDonalds. Though they were better before they like, radically de-salted them.

favourite and why of weekly staples in your supermarket shop?
Yogurt. I buy Activia Raspberry. I eat dry cereal every morning but I have my calcium through a yogurt. I go through loads! It's nice to have something sweet each morning too.

Favourite pasta shape?
FUSILLI. Twisty and twirly beautiful fusilli.

FAVOURITE ITEM OFF THIS MENU:
http://www.aftersoriginal.co.uk/menu.html

Quick Reply

Latest