The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Philosophy of Religion & Ethics June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Good luck for tomorrow, I hope everyone gets the grade that they want :smile:

Thanks again to anyone who helped me during my revision :colondollar:
Reply 381
hey just wondered how everyone did in this exam and what they got overall in Religious Studies?:smile:)
Reply 382
Original post by meganBx17
hey just wondered how everyone did in this exam and what they got overall in Religious Studies?:smile:)

Hi :smile: I got an A overall with 87 in Unit 3 and 85 in Unit 4. I'm happy with my grade but I was hoping for an A* since that was what I was getting in the majority of my class essays. But then again nearly everyone in my college got a grade or even two below what they were getting in the class essays, so we don't know if it's our teacher and his lenient marking or the examiners fault for being too strict :/

How did you do :smile:

Ps. Has anyone else had any problems with the marking this year?
you did well then, and i got to my surprise an A* when i was thinking it hadnt gone well, i got 95 and 88, did everyone get their unis? and is anyone going to Heythrop?!
Reply 384
Original post by jessicaaellaa
you did well then, and i got to my surprise an A* when i was thinking it hadnt gone well, i got 95 and 88, did everyone get their unis? and is anyone going to Heythrop?!

Well done :biggrin: (I'm so jealous of your A* lol) Which paper did you get 95 on if you don't mind me asking?

I got into Sheffield for English and Philosophy which I'm pleased about, good luck at Heythrop :smile:
Original post by SCheng
Well done :biggrin: (I'm so jealous of your A* lol) Which paper did you get 95 on if you don't mind me asking?

I got into Sheffield for English and Philosophy which I'm pleased about, good luck at Heythrop :smile:

i got the 95 on the first paper, unit 3, i did ontological, religious lang, and virtue ethics...what about you?
Reply 386
Original post by jessicaaellaa
i got the 95 on the first paper, unit 3, i did ontological, religious lang, and virtue ethics...what about you?

I got 87 on this paper and I did Ontological, Life after Death and Virtue Ethics. I really thought I had gotten an A* because with the questions I picked the Part (i)'s were surprisingly easy . . . oh well at least i'm in uni :biggrin:
Original post by SCheng
I got 87 on this paper and I did Ontological, Life after Death and Virtue Ethics. I really thought I had gotten an A* because with the questions I picked the Part (i)'s were surprisingly easy . . . oh well at least i'm in uni :biggrin:

i think its so hard to tell because i really thought that i had got a B, i had an operation and missed three weeks, and my teachers were like "we think the A* is a bit too far" so i hadnt expected one, but i had worked hard for that if i am honest. and yeah ontological was such a good question, as was virtue, i felt like a messed up on religious lang. but i guess thats just how it goes. and yeah i wouldnt worry, i got a D in my psychology and still got in, so i am happy
Reply 388
Original post by SCheng
Hi :smile: I got an A overall with 87 in Unit 3 and 85 in Unit 4. I'm happy with my grade but I was hoping for an A* since that was what I was getting in the majority of my class essays. But then again nearly everyone in my college got a grade or even two below what they were getting in the class essays, so we don't know if it's our teacher and his lenient marking or the examiners fault for being too strict :/

How did you do :smile:

Ps. Has anyone else had any problems with the marking this year?

wow thats amazing well done!!:biggrin: i got 87 in unit 3 as well, and 90 in unit 4!!

i thought the marking was fine for this, but im confused about one of my german papers...i got 89 UMS points which apparently was only a C?!? :s-smilie:
Reply 389
Original post by meganBx17
wow thats amazing well done!!:biggrin: i got 87 in unit 3 as well, and 90 in unit 4!!

i thought the marking was fine for this, but im confused about one of my german papers...i got 89 UMS points which apparently was only a C?!? :s-smilie:

Well Done :biggrin:

Yeah me and my friends have come to the conclusion that our teacher was just too generous with the marks he gave us in our class essays lol

With your German paper, what was the UMS out of? Like for my English Literature exam it's out of 120 so you need like 96 UMS for an A.
Reply 390
Original post by SCheng
Well Done :biggrin:

Yeah me and my friends have come to the conclusion that our teacher was just too generous with the marks he gave us in our class essays lol

With your German paper, what was the UMS out of? Like for my English Literature exam it's out of 120 so you need like 96 UMS for an A.

thanks, and ah right i think my teacher was the opposite, i kept getting C's in the mocks so really surprised with 2 A's!:smile:
& erm im not sure actually..i dont really get UMS..i thought it was just a percentage lol :colondollar:
Hi does anyone know of an edexcel examiner or a really good teacher who does private A level tutoring. Our school no longer has a teacher and I am predicted an A* in Philosophy and Ethics. I am struggling because it is so difficult

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending