The Student Room Group

Why is Babar Ahmed being extradited to the US?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by nosaer
What?! You do know we have British soldiers deployed in Afghanistan dont you? :curious:

Yes, are they absoloutely everywhere in Afghanistan though?

Its US troops who are the most widely dispensed across the country.
Original post by Phantom_X
Interesting. Western woman enjoys all the liberties of democracy, is willing to throw it away in a heart beat.

What is an 'extremist' view? Let me tell you something- the revolutions that have constructed modern day western societies were built upon 'extreme' ideologies- especially in the UK, France and Germany. Your modern ideas of Catholicism are also built on revolutionary ideas of religion- culminating in religious wars that have done profound things to develop your identity. Religious and Political dissidents, or 'extremists' do not equate to terrorists- they equate to people who challenge the system.

And to think you would be willing to lock up, maybe even terminate such people that the state views as a threat. And then proclaim a moral high ground over those nations who fight for democracy.

Exactly. Good post. Double standards.
Reply 102
Original post by mariachi
I don't have an opinion

there are contradictory views on the treaty. It would be ridiculous for me to give an opinion on the treaty after having looked at a couple of articles for about ten minutes.

You also seem to have a rather superficial information on it, since you claimed that

while, in reality, neither the US nor the UK have to show evidence

Best

Enlightening. :congrats:
Reply 103
Original post by hamzazulfiqar
Read your first line it didnt make sense. :rolleyes:.

Try again

I've established you are minorly illiterate from your posts.

YOU read it again.

It is the Western Government who are killing in muslim countries, not western civilians.

It is muslim civilians who are always the terrorists. Completely different, open your eyes.

Odd because muslims here are always saying how the government in muslim countries doesnt represent the muslims in that country, or Islam in its beliefs.

Hypocrisy again. No surprise, of course.
Reply 104
Original post by Chloe xxx
Yes, are they absoloutely everywhere in Afghanistan though?

Its US troops who are the most widely dispensed across the country.

So in your plan, you would put this guy in a particular part of Afghanistan, and make him promise not to travel to those parts where Brits are stationed? :dunce:

:rofl:
Reply 105
Original post by nosaer
So in your plan, you would put this guy in a particular part of Afghanistan, and make him promise not to travel to those parts where Brits are stationed? :dunce:

:rofl:

Why would it matter, hes the sort of person whom its their job to deal with.

Not my problem, I'm not a pro military person at all.
Reply 106
Why would it matter, hes the sort of person whom its their job to deal with.

Not my problem, I'm not a pro military person at all.

Evidently not. :lol:
Reply 107
Original post by silent ninja
Britain is his home.
Are you suggesting every person with anti establishment views should be shipped away?

It should come back to the law. He hasn't hurt anybody and isn't guilty of a crime hence he's innocent.

How do you know he isnt guilty of a crime?

Again, more presuming straight out the person is innocent. You actually think out government is the most backward alive dont you? :biggrin:

Its the governments fault for letting so many immigrants in who have thus bred or become terrorist sympathizers and jihadist extremists.

Many citizens of this country didnt ask for or want this and why should their lives be put at risk?

Islamic extremism is seen as a dangerous and important matter here, and rightly so. It isnt something our governments will sniff at.

Maybe if they respected the laws of our land and our ways of life they wouldnt be in this predictment?

Serves them right as far as I'm concerned.
Reply 108
Original post by silent ninja
Exactly. Good post. Double standards.

Nope. This sounds terribly racist, but if the people that hate western civilization so much they want to bomb it why don't they consider moving back to Saudi Arabia? We're happy here being free and tolerant and they can go back to oppressing women and homosexuals.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 109
Original post by nosaer
Evidently not. :lol:

Slight contradiction as you are saying the guy is totally innocent, not a terrorist and should be released yet to win an argument with me you bring up my lack of concern for British soldiers safety when I recommend sending him to Afghan?

If their safety would be put at risk by him being there then surely he is dangerous yes?
How do you know he isnt guilty of a crime?

Again, more presuming straight out the person is innocent. You actually think out government is the most backward alive dont you? :biggrin:

Its the governments fault for letting so many immigrants in who have thus bred or become terrorist sympathizers and jihadist extremists.

Many citizens of this country didnt ask for or want this and why should their lives be put at risk?

Islamic extremism is seen as a dangerous and important matter here, and rightly so. It isnt something our governments will sniff at.

Maybe if they respected the laws of our land and our ways of life they wouldnt be in this predictment?

Serves them right as far as I'm concerned.

We know he is innocent. No charges in Britain and he's been locked up for 7 years without charge. The US want to extradite him and do god knows what without any further evidence (and a pitiful track record). If they have evidence, why not supply it to British authorities?
Talking about innocent people did you know YOU (uk/us) killed 1.6 million iraqis due to a worthless war looking for "WMD" ? ... And no not all the 1.6 million civilians were terrorists. Please go do your homework talking about killing innocent people... pft.:facepalm:

Nowhere near that amount have been killed and a substantial number of civilians that were killed died at the hands of iraqi insurgents. Whether it be car bombs planted in markets or attacks on shiite mosques by sunnis.
Original post by JackG1
Nope. This sounds terribly racist, but if the people that hate western civilization so much they want to bomb it why don't they consider moving back to Saudi Arabia? We're happy here being free and tolerant and they can go back to oppressing women and homosexuals.

First, maybe because they are british nationals, not saudi ones? What is with the TSR obsession with Saudi Arabia, really?

Secondly, most revolutionaries have usually hated the societies they existed in. Whether you speak of William III, Roy Jenkins, Marx, or Guy Fawkes, the reality is that dissidence isn't something new to this country. In fact, most revolutionary change has stemmed from people we would deem today as 'extremist'.

Thirdly, we have to make a seperation between terrorist and extremist. If someone is planning to blow a nightclub up, by all means arrest them. But, is it morally right to arrest someone because they don't agree with democracy? Perhaps youd like to arrest all the Christian evangelicals who also hate homosexuals too ?
I've established you are minorly illiterate from your posts.

YOU read it again.

It is the Western Government who are killing in muslim countries, not western civilians.

It is muslim civilians who are always the terrorists. Completely different, open your eyes.

Odd because muslims here are always saying how the government in muslim countries doesnt represent the muslims in that country, or Islam in its beliefs.

Hypocrisy again. No surprise, of course.

Its always the blame game with you, If its not the civilians its the military, Just shut up you fool. You aint got a damn clue about what your talking about .. 1.6 is a vast number compared to the 3000 lives lost in 9/11. Stop trying to dodge the obvious facts your too ignorant to stop and think about the **** that your dropped on iraq and afghanistan. Also out of curiousity you probably think building 7 collapsed due to structural failure and that the pentagon was hit by a plane,LOL your that much of a retard.
Reply 114
Original post by nosaer
How do you know the US has evidence the UK authorities dont?

Fact is, you have no idea what evidence they have, so have no right, other than in your Islamic Dream Dictatorship one, to say he is innocent and needs releasing.

From what I have read, its a good job this guy is locked up, not doing Islam or Muslims any favours with his beliefs.

Wonder why you arnt condemning him then, when you all say you despise extremists, yet here you are again, as with Aafia Saddique, crying for his release.

Totally agree with Akinfenwa.
Reply 115
Slight contradiction as you are saying the guy is totally innocent, not a terrorist and should be released yet to win an argument with me you bring up my lack of concern for British soldiers safety when I recommend sending him to Afghan?

If their safety would be put at risk by him being there then surely he is dangerous yes?

I was entertaining your amusing hypothetical scenario. :facepalm2:
God forbid you actually thought it was a realistic proposition. :lol:
Original post by JackG1

The usual "go back home" response which only highlights the fact you never accepted 'foreign looking' people as British in the first place. That's racist, nothing less.

Whats with "they hate western civilization ". That's a load of bull. Most grievances are political and have absolutely nothing to do with the way of life. The middle east would love nothing more than the West to leave it alone.
Reply 117
Its always the blame game with you, If its not the civilians its the military, Just shut up you fool. You aint got a damn clue about what your talking about .. 1.6 is a vast number compared to the 3000 lives lost in 9/11. Stop trying to dodge the obvious facts your too ignorant to stop and think about the **** that your dropped on iraq and afghanistan. Also out of curiousity you probably think building 7 collapsed due to structural failure and that the pentagon was hit by a plane,LOL your that much of a retard.

Write that again in English, give up on the 9/11 ranting and other ranting about what you say the US has done, I'm not interested, Ive already explained why.

It isnt the western civilians, is it?

Who commits muslim terrorist attacks? Not the government of Saudi Arabia or Iran is it, its normal everyday muslims.
Original post by George231086
Nowhere near that amount have been killed and a substantial number of civilians that were killed died at the hands of iraqi insurgents. Whether it be car bombs planted in markets or attacks on shiite mosques by sunnis.

George its all well and mind blowing you calling a mosque "****te" on a forum i dare you to say it to man with a beard and see how he rearranges your face. Word of advice dont be act up or you'll get smacked up. :rolleyes:
Reply 119
Fact is, you have no idea what evidence they have, so have no right, other than in your Islamic Dream Dictatorship one, to say he is innocent and needs releasing.

From what I have read, its a good job this guy is locked up, not doing Islam or Muslims any favours with his beliefs.

Wonder why you arnt condemning him then, when you all say you despise extremists, yet here you are again, as with Aafia Saddique, crying for his release.

Totally agree with Akinfenwa.

Are you familiar with the concept of 'innocent until proven guilty'? Exactly.

And that is the crux of this argument. If we don't know what 'evidence' they hold against him (we provided all the evidence btw) then how can it be right we extradite him? :dunce:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending