The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies BUSS2 - 21th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by QwertyG
72 unit per worker ???

Yh thats what i got easy 5 marks :smile:
Reply 121
Guys i did something stupid on the Labour Productivity question.. I wrote it as a percentage. I did the answer and formula, then as I went back and checked all my answers i put a percentage sign on the end automatically :frown: Will i still get marks?

Original post by thairshan
For labour productivity one did anyone get 72 is it correct??

Yeah i put 72 think its right output divided by workers which was 60 . How did you think the paper went
Reply 123
Original post by Oliver1234

Yeah i put 72 think its right output divided by workers which was 60 . How did you think the paper went

mixed hope I got an A how do you think you did
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by QwertyG
mixed hope I got an A how do you think you did

Good i think , i managedto get an A in unit 1 but felt that was really easy . Think i had good application , but didnt like the tqm question really
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by QwertyG
72 unit per worker ???

I got 72, but forgot to write the units after :s-smilie: will i loose a mark?
Original post by homousandfalafel
I got 72, but forgot to write the units after :s-smilie: will i loose a mark?

Just had to put 72
Reply 127
Worked out the labour productivity correctly, however for some reason i wrote 82 instead of 72, rather annoying :frown:
Reply 128
Original post by timmy121
Worked out the labour productivity correctly, however for some reason i wrote 82 instead of 72, rather annoying :frown:

wtf
Reply 129
You will get all 5 marks just for putting "72" as long as it is clear and easy for the examiner to see i.e in a box - the risk with not putting a unit i.e tonnes per year is if by accident you put 73 for whatever reason your all of a sudden down to 3 marks instead of 5 (1 for not getting the correct answer - 1 for not putting the correct unit)

As for putting an extra percentage sign I think you'll get away with it unless your very unlucky as after all it's "potitive marking" (i think it is anyway). Worst case scenario you'll probabley get 4 instead of 5.
Reply 130
Original post by QwertyG
wtf

Did the calculation correct but must have seen the answer on the calculator as 82 instead of 72 as i came out the exam hall thinking the answer was 82, yes i'm a piloc :colondollar:
Reply 131
Opinions on grade boundaries imo they gonna be high
Original post by HP348
Did anybody mention Taylor for the question on pay and customer targets?

Yup! :smile:
DI'd anyone mention that the PED and say it was in elastic?
Original post by Sujayshah2
DI'd anyone mention that the PED and say it was in elastic?

Yeahp! I then used the formula to say that a decrease in price by 10% would mean a 20% increase in demand!!! :]
Easy marks
Original post by Sophie1805
Yeahp! I then used the formula to say that a decrease in price by 10% would mean a 20% increase in demand!!! :]
Easy marks

If it's inelastic then demand wont be affected by a change in price.
Original post by CharlieG17

It was elastic, the value was -2.0

If you multiply -2.0 by -10 (which is the decrease in %price to become a price taker) then you get +20%. (i.e. rise in demand by 20%)
I stupidly put down 7.2 instead of 72.. but all my working out was correct (4000 something divided by 60 - I like the way they slyly mentioned that the staff increases by 50% in 2014) I guess I'd lose a mark or two?
Reply 138
i mentioned that as a conclusion that she made the wrong decession because she failed to notice or take into consideration that the ped was - therefore it as a result had caused the demand/customer number to fall because of this increase in price.
Reply 139
Original post by CharlieG17

Not want be affected this is incorrect only slightly affected!!! compared to priced of product being elastic :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending