The Student Room Group

Good enough reason

Hi there i am in 5th year and only doing 2 highers mods studies and business management.

i have however chosen to do 5 highers for 6th year which includes 3 crashes.

i beilive in 5th year i can achieve atleast an AB if not AA.

the reason i have only chosen 2 highers is because i was undecided of what i wanted to do in the future until recentely which is a degree in LAW/BUSINESS

is their still a chance i could get into glasgow, strathclyde or edinburgh if gave my reason for only doing 2 highers in 5th year as being unsure on what to do
Reply 1
Original post by G8D
Wait... you're only doing 2 Highers and that's it?

No Int 2s or anything?

Your school let you do that :s-smilie:

I'm sure I've seen a relatively similar post before. No accounting for the decisions people take when they're 15 I suppose.

OP I think your best chance is to ask the relevant Unis either by email or phone. Or I think there's an 'ask the university of Glasgow' thread; who will likely tell you to contact the department anyway.
Reply 2
The United Kingdom is one of the world’s most prominent hosts for immigration. A variety of government policies have been introduced to deal with the increasing gender and ethnic inequalities that exist throughout the country.

The minimum wage has been one of the most successful policies introduced by the government that has benefited over a million women and a fair proportion of ethnic minorities, the current minimum wage for over 21s stands at £6.08. Nearly half of Bangladeshi/Pakistanis in employment only earn £7 per hour compared to only a quarter of whites. In 2010 the race relations act was implemented into the equality act 2010. The Scottish government has supported a number of ant-racist campaigns including the “show racism the red card initiative.
The child tax credits and working tax credits introduced by the government have been beneficial to a large number of ethnic minority families especially due to the fact that a large live on a low income. The work and families act of 2006 was extended to give women especially a chance to request flexibility in employment.

Quick Reply

Latest