The Student Room Group

EU student finance:question about sending proof of identity

I got my IELTS result and now I'm ready to enter a university that I've applied for because I've had good scores at IELTS.

The last step is now to apply for Student Finance.

As a EU student,I can only apply for a loan for tuition fees,however I've some questions:

1)I only need to submit a proof of identity(like national ID card),because I cannot apply for other loans,I reckon i don't need to submit parents income datas or stuff like that,right?
2)I'll send,obviously,a photocopy of my Italian ID card and I've downloaded the Certifier Checklist form.
So i've to make:
-a photocopy of my ID
-let the civil servant of my city council sign the photocopy(in order to certify it)
-fill the Certifier Checklist form with the requested datas.

So I only need to send my application form,the certifier checklist form and the photocopy of my ID.

Is it right?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Anyone can help?
Reply 2
Any response?

So to prove my identity I can go to a lecturer and let him:
-sign the photocopy(in order to certify it)
-fill the Certifier Checklist form with the requested datas.

Is it right?
Reply 3
Please I need to know if the only documents I need to send are the EU12N form,a signed photocopy of my identity and the "Certifier CheckList" form because,since I live in Italy,I might have a response in 4 weeks! and I'd like to know my SFE decision a little before than June..
Reply 4
Hi,
I'm applying from Hungary and if I'm not mistaken EU students have to send the EU12N form and the official copy of the ID card or passport. At least I hope so, because I am sending these two documents together this week :smile:
There are red "E" signs on the form to let you know what kind of data you need to send an evidence for.
Reply 5
I've almost forgotten the Certifier Checklist document, it also should be attached.
Reply 6
So basically i've to do what i said:

Fill the EU12N form.
Let a lecturer sign a photocopy of my ID card.
Let the lecturer sign and fill the certifier checklist.
Post the envelop to the right address.
Wait.
Reply 7
Yep, I think so.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by voge
Hi,
I'm applying from Hungary and if I'm not mistaken EU students have to send the EU12N form and the official copy of the ID card or passport. At least I hope so, because I am sending these two documents together this week :smile:
There are red "E" signs on the form to let you know what kind of data you need to send an evidence for.

yes,im greek and from what i read i will send same stuff as well!
Reply 9
im greek, applying with the EU12N form as well. i filled out the application and a police officer has signed the photocopy of my ID. I also translated with British council the photocopy and the address,name etc of the police officer...
do u think i still need to fill out the Certifier checklist for EU students?
Many thanks for your replies
Reply 10
I think there's no way to bypass the certifier checklist form, you should have the police officer, who signed and stamped the photocopy to fill it out. You could try to ring Student Finance England for advice on what to do.
I'm having difficulties with this form, too, hope it'll all be OK.
Reply 11
Original post by voge
I think there's no way to bypass the certifier checklist form, you should have the police officer, who signed and stamped the photocopy to fill it out. You could try to ring Student Finance England for advice on what to do.
I'm having difficulties with this form, too, hope it'll all be OK.

thanks for the reply..yeah hope evth will go well...what other problem do u have?
Reply 12
do you know where I find the certifier checklist??? I am desperate...

EDIT: I have it now so tis okay :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending