The Student Room Group

Confirmation letter of Settled Status?

Hello,

I have been trying to change my Student Finance assessment to home student as I’ve had Settled Status since the start of my course. Now Student Finance are requesting “If you hold Indefinite Leave to Remain under the EU Settlement scheme, upload a copy of your EU Settled Status confirmation letter to your account using our digital upload function.”

The issue is that I was granted the Settled Status in 2019 and the email stated that it could not be used as proof of my immigration status so I binned it. I’ve sent multiple share codes of my status as those should’ve been enough but apparently this is not the case?

Home Office is not getting back to me about this so I was wondering what I should do…
Original post by gli_astri
Hello,

I have been trying to change my Student Finance assessment to home student as I’ve had Settled Status since the start of my course. Now Student Finance are requesting “If you hold Indefinite Leave to Remain under the EU Settlement scheme, upload a copy of your EU Settled Status confirmation letter to your account using our digital upload function.”

The issue is that I was granted the Settled Status in 2019 and the email stated that it could not be used as proof of my immigration status so I binned it. I’ve sent multiple share codes of my status as those should’ve been enough but apparently this is not the case?

Home Office is not getting back to me about this so I was wondering what I should do…

hi - i know it says it cant be used as proof but thats what you have to use. the whole system is ridiculous, and youre right - the sharecode should be more than enough. i submitted the confirmation letter alongside the sharecode, and my status became home - hope that helps
Reply 2
Original post by emileeeei
hi - i know it says it cant be used as proof but thats what you have to use. the whole system is ridiculous, and youre right - the sharecode should be more than enough. i submitted the confirmation letter alongside the sharecode, and my status became home - hope that helps

I don’t have a confirmation letter 😥 I don’t remember ever getting anything besides an email that said I was granted my status
I don’t have a confirmation letter 😥 I don’t remember ever getting anything besides an email that said I was granted my status

That is what the confirmation letter is. I’d see on the government website if there is any way to contact them about it and request them to re send it.

thats the right letter - download it/take a well formatted screen shot thats the right size and whatnot and submit it :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by RambleAmple
That is what the confirmation letter is. I’d see on the government website if there is any way to contact them about it and request them to re send it.

I contacted Home Office and managed to get the email sent to me again. Took 2 hours but I got it back at least haha
Reply 6
Original post by emileeeei
thats the right letter - download it/take a well formatted screen shot thats the right size and whatnot and submit it :smile:

Just submitted it! Hopefully this will be enough to be switched to home student
Just submitted it! Hopefully this will be enough to be switched to home student

almost definitely - let us know how you get on :smile:
I contacted Home Office and managed to get the email sent to me again. Took 2 hours but I got it back at least haha

What was the email??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending