The Student Room Group

Leeds 2013 Medical School Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Happy February everyone :biggrin:

The waiting continues :frown:
Have any international applicants heard back yet? I am kind of nervous...
Original post by InnocentCharms

Remember that Leeds didn't start interviewing until the end of December. Historically, they are slower than other Med Schools.

None of the internationals who registered on the Leeds/Medicine Stalking Page have updated their status yet. In fact, only 25% of the 87 people who are listed there have posted a decision (the other 75% have no news - they haven't been rejected or invited to interview). That's far fewer than the other places I applied to (their Stalking Pages indicate decisions have been made for 60-65% of applicants, leaving only 35-40% still waiting for news). Obviously rejections are under-reported and my figures can't take account of that, but it's clear Leeds has far more students waiting for news than the other uni's I'm tracking.
Reply 983

No :frown: not yet
Reply 984
Original post by Eureka!
No :frown: not yet

me neither :frown:
Reply 985
Original post by 11leungl2

same here...:frown:
Reply 986
Original post by janeA
same here...:frown:

Original post by 11leungl2

I'm really worried now.. they said that they'd inform us 6 weeks before the interview. and if we get the invitation some time this week, it would be for between the 18th and 23rd of march.

I don't know about you guys but my other interview is in the beginning of march and i can't fly to England twice
So, if I am an EU applicant should I start to worry about it and wait for the rejection to come ?
Reply 988
Original post by andreeamihaela
So, if I am an EU applicant should I start to worry about it and wait for the rejection to come ?

No I don't think so. What are your stats btw
I always dread the UCAS emails, means I have been rejected (got two rejections and one interview)...waiting for leeds...I am kind of ready for bad news...:frown:
Original post by Eureka!
I'm really worried now.. they said that they'd inform us 6 weeks before the interview. and if we get the invitation some time this week, it would be for between the 18th and 23rd of march.

I don't know about you guys but my other interview is in the beginning of march and i can't fly to England twice

I agree, I am flying to England beginning of March too...I wish they were a little bit more considerate for international students, 'cause I got my other interview invitation in December.
Reply 991
I agree, I am flying to England beginning of March too...I wish they were a little bit more considerate for international students, 'cause I got my other interview invitation in December.

i got mine in early january.. where's you other interview?
Reply 992
Are they reading the applications in chronological order? I sent mine in on Oct 13th and I still haven't heard anything? Or are they just being slow?
Original post by Eureka!
i got mine in early january.. where's you other interview?

UEA
Reply 994
Original post by MTW47
email:smile:

Thank you! Xxxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Satta101
Are they reading the applications in chronological order? I sent mine in on Oct 13th and I still haven't heard anything? Or are they just being slow?

Definitely not - I sent mine on the 15th!
Original post by Eureka!
No I don't think so. What are your stats btw

The equivalent of 13A* of GCSE
A predicted for A level Biology and the equivalent of 3 A* predicted for the National Bacclaureate,
2490 UKCAT,
8 at IELTS
2 week experience shadowing a GP,
3 years of charity for 'Save the Children',
1 year for 'Hospice' and some ecology activities within the school,
chemistry contests,
made a short film for the Anti-Drug organisation,
involved in a palliative care project
Reply 997
Original post by andreeamihaela
The equivalent of 13A* of GCSE
A predicted for A level Biology and the equivalent of 3 A* predicted for the National Bacclaureate,
2490 UKCAT,
8 at IELTS
2 week experience shadowing a GP,
3 years of charity for 'Save the Children',
1 year for 'Hospice' and some ecology activities within the school,
chemistry contests,
made a short film for the Anti-Drug organisation,
involved in a palliative care project

You shouldn't worry at all.. I think that your Olevel grades compensate for the UKCAT
Original post by Eureka!
You shouldn't worry at all.. I think that your Olevel grades compensate for the UKCAT

Well, there`s no more than 2 or 3 weeks, and we`ll find out what will be.Good luck with your application further on !
Reply 999

Me as well.. Im flying next sunday for a week and I really prefer if my interviews were in that week as well.. I emailed them asking if it would be possible they said they would take note of it, I really dont want to fly twice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending