The Student Room Group

Leeds 2013 Medical School Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medstudentsmum
I am so so so thrilled for you! I just know how awful it has been for you! I take it you found out through track after all? My daughter just had track updated this minute, so plenty of screaming in our house too! If you get a big hug from a strange mum in freshers week, don't worry, it's only me! Huge congratulations!

Hehe I rang them up as soon as I read your message and they told me I had an offer :smile: thankyou so much I wouldn't have had the guts to ring if it wasn't for you so thankyou <3 so relieved this waiting has been horrendous :smile: :smile: :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1841
Hi Amelia, Jake and Meeeee,
Ring the admissions office without delay. I rang this morning because my daughter had heard nothing also and they told me she had an offer. I think it's a disgrace that you still don't know, so please ring and find out-I'm sure they will tell you. I'm rooting for you all!
Message for meeeeeee - my daughter got exactly the same scores as you so chin up, you will be fine! Please post how you got on. I registered especially for you and I'm a technophobe, so it wasn't easy!

Just as I was about to ring up, I got an offer through on track. Cheers for the encouragement though, and congratulations to your daughter!
Reply 1842
Offer (finally) through on Track.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer!!! Thank You so much medstudentmum and meeee! I'm
So happy!!! :biggrin:
Thanks to both of you! I am so happy for you both - it was so unfair that you and my daughter also had to wait so much longer than everyone else, but thankfully you were both waiting for good news! I hope you will both go out tonight and celebrate, you certainly deserve it. :smile:
Original post by amelia0707
Just got an offer!!! Thank You so much medstudentmum and meeee! I'm
So happy!!! :biggrin:

Awww Congratulations :smile: so happy for you!!! And thankyou medstudentmum too :smile:

Original post by Meeeeeee123
Awww Congratulations :smile: so happy for you!!! And thankyou medstudentmum too :smile:

Thank you and congratulations too!! I'm glad it was good news you were waiting for hahah!!! :smile:
Reply 1847
Been to Leeds again today to have another look around (4th visit lol!) Thinking of Sentinel Towers or The Tannery which are next to eachother and about a 5-10min walk from the Med School. Anyone currently at Leeds have any experience of these? Do medics go for a certain Halls? Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by Jess801
Been to Leeds again today to have another look around (4th visit lol!) Thinking of Sentinel Towers or The Tannery which are next to eachother and about a 5-10min walk from the Med School. Anyone currently at Leeds have any experience of these? Do medics go for a certain Halls? Thanks :biggrin:

There are lots in Charles Morris and Central Village, but I think this is purely random and would change year on year.
Just firmed Leeds!! Anyone know which accommodation they're choosing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I'm hoping to apply for 2014 entry. I was wondering if you could tell me why you all chose Leeds? I can't make any of their open days and their prospectus is a little vague, so I was just wondering what the best things about Leeds were that made you all apply here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MTW47
Have you got the med school prospectus or just the Leeds uni one. I thought the med school prospectus was really detailed, in fact the best of all unis I visited. If you have only got the uni one, ring the med school and ask them to send you the more detailed info. I chose the Leeds because of the course, it's reputation and I just loved the atmosphere when I went on the open day. Good luck:smile:

Oh I've just got the Leeds one, didn't realise there was a specific med one. I'll ask for that now then, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks to both of you! I am so happy for you both - it was so unfair that you and my daughter also had to wait so much longer than everyone else, but thankfully you were both waiting for good news! I hope you will both go out tonight and celebrate, you certainly deserve it. :smile:

Wow I wish my mother was as enthusiastic ss yourself! Lol. Congrats to yiur daughter, getting into leeds is no easy task. I myself have not got into leeds but have gotten into keele and Liverpool so happy either way. Its just leeds is my hometown so it would have been my 1st choice. Still though... :smile:
Yay!!! FINALLY got my track sorted and firmed Leeds! :-D
Original post by MTW47
Congrats! See you in September hopefully:biggrin:

I would have hoped but I've just confirmed I'll be deferring for a year - I've been offered a year's work in Japan! :-D

So I'll be hassling you about first year exams and best nights out instead ^.^
Original post by MTW47
Wow, have a great time in Japan, will look out for you next year, IF I get 3 A's!:biggrin:

Thanks I'm really excited! I'll see you in 2014 IF I get a 2:1!

Good luck with your exams, how many do you have? I have 5 (all worth 100% boo hoo)
Has everyone had their offers yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by m.dot.mak
Has everyone had their offers yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you not? I'd ring up if I hadn't by now
Original post by thatonethere
Have you not? I'd ring up if I hadn't by now

No it's not for me, a friend of mine was waiting for leeds and I just wanted to know if everyone has had a reply yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey!

I was a re-applicant this year. With my last application I didn't even get an interview - this year I've got an unconditional offer. As far as I'm aware, a grade in hand scores slightly higher than predicted. Also.. Leeds did send round an email saying don't be discouraged from reapplying if unsuccessful. Re applicants should apply through normal methods (obviously) & also send an email to the admissions team detailing at what stage your previous application got to & how you've improved from previous application.
BEST of luck!! I know how stressful reapplying can be. So many applicants are re applicants - it's just the nature of the beast when there are so little places!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending