The Student Room Group

Got the grade in 1 A-level, should I let the university know?

Poll

Should I or should I not?

I took my A2 Maths exams in January and got an A* so now I've only got A level F.maths and physics to do. My offer is AAA for aeronautical engineering. So my question is, will it help my application if I dropped them an e-mail about it in case I screw up and get a B in physics? Also since I cashed them in already, will UCAS send them my maths grade as well in august?
Original post by JohnyTheLad
I took my A2 Maths exams in January and got an A* so now I've only got A level F.maths and physics to do. My offer is AAA for aeronautical engineering. So my question is, will it help my application if I dropped them an e-mail about it in case I screw up and get a B in physics? Also since I cashed them in already, will UCAS send them my maths grade as well in august?

How will it help your application?

They will get your Jan results through in August along with everything else so if you get a B in physics then they'll know that at the same time they find out you got an A* in this. Telling them now doesn't make any difference as they still want AA in your other subjects.
Reply 2
Alright thanks dude.
Reply 3
I'd say it would hinder your application because they'd realise you only had 2 subjects to revise for in June (I know you worked harder in January but you never know what they're like)

Some unis are fussy about 'single sitting' so just to be on the safe side I wouln't tell them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending