The Student Room Group

***Dental Hygiene Therapy 2013***

Anyone applying for Newcastle 2013?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi :smile:

I think I am going to apply for Newcastle as well as others, I am starting a science access course this September.

Any other prospective 2013 Hygiene/Therapy applicants hoping to go on from an access course?
Reply 2
I'm doing an access course at the moment too.. I'm doing health professions and have a dental nursing qualification so hopefully will be enough lol it's tough but gunna be worth it hopefully! Where else are you thinking of applying? I'm doing Teesside too as want to stay in the northeast don't think I'd cope living away from home lol xxx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by CottonBud
Hi :smile:

I think I am going to apply for Newcastle as well as others, I am starting a science access course this September.

Any other prospective 2013 Hygiene/Therapy applicants hoping to go on from an access course?

Im applying to sheff and leeds, leeds for the second time! Im a dental nurse and have just completed an access course in science. Are you applying to them two uni too? x
Reply 4
Hi anybody applying for Dental Hygiene and Therapy against 2013... any Dental Technicians looking to apply or have applied??
Reply 5
Hi Im a Graduate in Dental Technology , applying to almost every University. Hows everybody doing? also do people that have the relevant qualifications and experience usually get a faster response via UCAS after applying? or is their a set period as to when they reply wit offers...
:smile:
Reply 6
Hi I've just finished college and dental hygiene Bsc is something im interested in. Does anyone have any experience or know more about the course at uni? I also have teesside and cardiff in mind. It would be really helpful as i'm on a gap year and completely lost on what i want to do!! :frown:
Reply 7
HI!!
I am applying for DH&DT for the first time this year, I think I am going to apply at most of the uni's that offer the course as I know how competetive it is! I would love to go to Liverpool though. Anybody else applied to Liverpool before or planning on applying? I'm pretty nervous!
Laura :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by acidic78
Hi I've just finished college and dental hygiene Bsc is something im interested in. Does anyone have any experience or know more about the course at uni? I also have teesside and cardiff in mind. It would be really helpful as i'm on a gap year and completely lost on what i want to do!! :frown:

Hey!
I would recommend getting in as much work experience behind you as possible so you are 100% sure it's the career for you, and this will look good on your application too if your not from a dental background.

The course is very intensive and not like normal uni courses not to mention that it's really competitive to get in to aswell.

You should apply to as many uni's as possible. I would start with ucas application first and request application forms from the dental schools which aren't through Ucas, these can usually be found on there websites!

Hope this helps a little? Good luck :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 9
Original post by lcj0503
HI!!
I am applying for DH&DT for the first time this year, I think I am going to apply at most of the uni's that offer the course as I know how competetive it is! I would love to go to Liverpool though. Anybody else applied to Liverpool before or planning on applying? I'm pretty nervous!
Laura :smile:

I applied last year to Liverpool with only my AS results. I got rejected without an interview. That year I also applied to Cardiff, Portsmouth, Edinburgh and Queen Mary's, the latter two I got interviews but was unsuccessful :frown:
Hopefully this year will be more successful as I have matured and i have secured my A level results.
I am also applying to diploma courses, is there anyone applying to these WITHOUT a nursing qualification and JUST A levels? E x
Reply 10

Hi Does anyone know what the career prospects are for dental hygiene and therapy?
Reply 11
Original post by samira2013
Hi anybody applying for Dental Hygiene and Therapy against 2013... any Dental Technicians looking to apply or have applied??

Hi Samira,

I am a dental technician and planning to apply for either dentistry (still contemplating) or dental therapy (most likely). But, it is so going to be tough as I have been asked by all the Universities to either get a A level Biology or Access to science course. I am in full time employment and this would be mean that from this year onwards I got to survive on Baked beans and noodles :redface:.

What is your story? Have you already enquired with Unis?

Cheers

B
Reply 12
Hi! I'm new here. Just wondering if anyone has applied to Sheffield as that's where I'm applying. Also, is there anyone who has applied previously that can tell me what the interview process is like.

Thank you =)
Reply 13
ok do you not have A levels? I have A levels in Biology and Chemistry and im in full time time employment :smile:

Hi! I've just recently completed my first year at sixth form, received my results and everything and I've decided that I want to apply for DH&DT at University. Does anyone know how important AS results are in the selection process? I didn't get the best results so I'm just wondering if it would reduce my chances. Thank you, x.
Reply 15
Hiya is anyone applying to Leeds?
Reply 16
I am applying to Leeds (and others)! Started my personal statement but it's so difficult! Anybody else in the same boat :-(
Reply 17
OMG, it really is super hard to get in. I have dental nursing qualification, doing my AS now and really want to go to uni NOW but dont think theres any chance for me so far :frown: and im 20 already.... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
im applying for dental hygiene and therapy! at portsmouth and birmingham :smile:
Reply 19
im applying this year to portsmouth, birmingham and cardiff. what shocks me is how competitive it is. Portsmouth = on average 400 people apply and only 16 get a place. :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest