The Student Room Group

***Dental Hygiene Therapy 2013***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hey guys im applying for birmingham which is my first choice, portsmouth, teeside edinburgh nd cardiff hw is everyones personal statement goingg i hv completed my first draft btw im doin a levels wt is everyone predicted
Reply 21
Original post by Deniza92
OMG, it really is super hard to get in. I have dental nursing qualification, doing my AS now and really want to go to uni NOW but dont think theres any chance for me so far :frown: and im 20 already.... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

remember age is just a number so of course you're not too old just give it a go. Where are you applying?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by s24a
im applying this year to portsmouth, birmingham and cardiff. what shocks me is how competitive it is. Portsmouth = on average 400 people apply and only 16 get a place. :eek:

portmouth is a really nice place so its worth all the hard work. i have literally just started the course today and im really enjoying it ! good luck for your application
Reply 23
Original post by jean1294
hey guys im applying for birmingham which is my first choice, portsmouth, teeside edinburgh nd cardiff hw is everyones personal statement goingg i hv completed my first draft btw im doin a levels wt is everyone predicted

Hey! Im applying to similar unis! Prob manch to! Really want to go bham or portsmouth! Same done a couple of draft of my PS! Also doing A levels atm. What subjs do you take?
Reply 24
hey you ok?
Reply 25
hey all,

anybody applying to bristol for dental hygiene? any idea of the interview questions?

Thanks,

Katy
Reply 26
Hi, I just wondered if anybody has applied before and how many times have people applied?
Im very nervous as I know how competitive this course is!
It is my first year applying, I'm applying through UCAS to Cardiff, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Teeside and Manchester. Then for the Diploma to Sheffield, Liverpool and Leeds.
Is anybody else applying with A Levels and dental nursing qualification? I'm stressing with my personal statement atm - as I imagine everyone is.
Laura
x
Reply 27
Me again!!!!! :rolleyes:
I am applying for Queen Mary ,Kings and Eastman ...London based only
My 3rd year applying
Dental nursing + pos graduate courses
As biology
Access to Science

Good luck xxxxx
Reply 28
Original post by kassy_s
portmouth is a really nice place so its worth all the hard work. i have literally just started the course today and im really enjoying it ! good luck for your application

that's great to hear that you are enjoying it! did you apply with A-levels, a dental nursing qualification or both?
what was the interview process like and what questions you were asked?
Also why does portsmouth only accept 16 students?

thankyou!
Reply 29
Original post by s24a
that's great to hear that you are enjoying it! did you apply with A-levels, a dental nursing qualification or both?
what was the interview process like and what questions you were asked?
Also why does portsmouth only accept 16 students?

thankyou!

no i applied with my alevels. my interview was nice probably because i had a more intensive interview before portsmouth but they were really nice and slightly iformal so made me feel relaxed. they didnt really ask anything out of the blue quite standard. well they have an intake of 24 students of which 8 are reserved for foundation students. who are dental nurses with 5+ years of nursing experience but no alevels. so they take on 16 through ucas
Reply 30
Original post by SRJ
Hey! Im applying to similar unis! Prob manch to! Really want to go bham or portsmouth! Same done a couple of draft of my PS! Also doing A levels atm. What subjs do you take?

i am doing biology chemistry and sociology and predicted ABB what about you?
Hi
I am new to this site. can anyone tell me if it is too late to apply for a dental therapy/hygienist course yet for sept 2013. I have not put in my application yet via ucas.I am just trying to do my PS but I am waiting to see if my tutors will give me the predicted Grades I need to apply. i value any tips on writing the PS and shld i be lucky to get an interview, what shld I need to read up, to prepare myself for the interview? Z
Reply 32
Has anyone sent their application?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 33
Hi has any one who has applied to leeds or sheffield heard back about a interview yet?? thanks! x
Reply 34
Original post by Jodie_88_
Hi has any one who has applied to leeds or sheffield heard back about a interview yet?? thanks! x

Ive not heard back from sheffield yet! Getting really anxious now...
Reply 35
Original post by SRJ
Has anyone sent their application?

I sent mine abt 2 weeks ago, and portsmouth and birmingham have sent me emails sayign they have now got my application etc but havnt had any firm decision made yet. I did get a postcard from portsmouth today though, saying that they will get in touch with me in 4 weeks time.
Reply 36
Original post by s24a
I sent mine abt 2 weeks ago, and portsmouth and birmingham have sent me emails sayign they have now got my application etc but havnt had any firm decision made yet. I did get a postcard from portsmouth today though, saying that they will get in touch with me in 4 weeks time.

Omg thats scary loool! Good luck! Are you currently doing a2s?

Reply 37
Original post by jean1294
i am doing biology chemistry and sociology and predicted ABB what about you?

Im doing bio chem psycho! My teachers wont tell me my predicted yet =\ but i got 2as3bs for as so prob AAB. Have u sent of your application

Reply 38
Original post by SRJ
Omg thats scary loool! Good luck! Are you currently doing a2s?

lol it is scary! yeah im currently doing bio,chem and psyc for A2 how abt u? i cant believe how competitive this DH&T is!!
Reply 39
Original post by s24a
lol it is scary! yeah im currently doing bio,chem and psyc for A2 how abt u? i cant believe how competitive this DH&T is!!

Yh im doing bio chem psycho to! Its soo competitive.. I hope it goes ok lol. So youre 17/18?

Quick Reply

Latest