The Student Room Group

Dental nurse exam

Hi everyone,

Im currently studying for my National Certificate in Dental Nursing my exam is in May ( 3 weeks left ).
The boder have changed the exam. So now we have a test part and OSCE :frown:

I know that not long ago there was a group of people sitting for the new exam.
I would be grateful for any information how was it, what level of difficulty of questions were on the test and osce.

I would appreciate all info.

Ps and also all of you who would be sitting in 3 weeks please share you thoughts and expirience about how to study where you getting the informations from :smile:

Have a lovely day.
A.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there, im going to sit that exam as well :smile: its my first time, im sooo scared.. I would like to hear any info from ppl who take already that new format exam..
Reply 2
Yes I thought that there will be someone who will share their experience with us :frown:

What books you are using for your revisions ???
Reply 3
Levisons and basic guide to dental instruments, and recently I bought Mosby's book for dental nurses, my tutor said that I should get questions and answers for dental nurses, so I think I will buy it. What about you? How long have you been working as a nurse? Do you feel confident for exam? :smile:
Reply 4
Hi there,

i have been working in the dental industry for over a year, but mostly im working at the desk, i'm not nursing full time so sometimes is hard to remember everything.

Im also revising from levinson and mosby and few days ago i bought new questions and answers book. Have to say is hard and im expecting this exam to be really difficult.
The questions in new book are really tricky.

:0)
http://www.nebdn.org/documents/DiplomaOSCEGuidanceDec20113_000.pdf

this is quite good for understanding osce's :smile: x
Reply 6
Hey all

how was your written exam ??
Reply 7
It was good, I've passed :smile: what about you? Did you take morning session or afternoon? I sat 2pm, and finish more then one hour early, I found it quite easy, because I thought it is going to be really dificult one, but was much easier :smile: I hav to say that the book questions and answers for dental nurses was the best one, prepared me for this exam perfect, most questions was so similar.

What about you? How did you find it?
Reply 8
Hey,

i did pass as well.
I was very stressed that i made mistakes but i did pass.
there was so many questions form the new Q&A book omg thank god i bought it long time before.
How do you feel before osce ??

Im stressing more and more every day :frown:
Reply 9
I feel actually more stressed then written exam.. How are you preparing for osces? I don't even know what should I be studying bcs it's so hard to say what kind of things we will be asked to do..
Reply 10
Hey I'm doing the OSCES too

Best way to prepare is to go over everything, that's what I was advised.

Some pointers:
-medical emergencies (practice with someone if you can)
-advice for denture wearers, general oral health advice etc
-instrument selection
-mixing materials
-dental charting

Anymore you can think of just post on here!
Reply 11
Hey

Im student evening. Ale im my bedΔ… is a very bieg confusion :frown:
SΕ‚owy im mixing up evening.

Im sumΔ™ Teresa will gier us charting and post instruktor as well as diet instructiom

I feel bad about the instruments can name them.

Do you chow guys how should look the set up for periocoronitis flap removal ??

And tell me when you sitting Friday or Saturday ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 12
Sorry my iPad got crazy. I meant that I'm getting very stressed and all things are mixing in my head now :frown:

Reply 13
Im sure that they will give us charting :;
Few emergencys
Instructions
Setting up for the procedures
Etc

Reply 14
Well guys.. How you feeling? What kind of stations you had? Was it ok or not really well?
Reply 15
Hey. I'm sitting tomorrow. Did you had yours today ?

Reply 16
Yes...
Reply 17
Hw was it?

What were the OSCEs like?
Reply 18
How was it ??
I'm sitting at 9 tomorrow

Reply 19
Where will u be sitting yours?