The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laura_T
I am really nervous about getting the results too, I'm pretty sure I have failed! :frown: I was so nervous and made loads of silly mistakes. Do we definitely get the results on the 23rd?

Hi, I made loads of silly mistakes too and Im sure I failed, Fingers crossed we get results on 23rd but previous exams they waited over 4 weeks :mad:
GOOD LUCK
Reply 81
hi monica84 are you polish?i have got some questions about dental nurse course because i want to start and i dont know how where?etc
Reply 82
Original post by alicja85
hi monica84 are you polish?i have got some questions about dental nurse course because i want to start and i dont know how where?etc

hi yes iam:smile: how did you know?lol is it that obvious?haha ,where do you live?
Reply 83
Original post by Glynis Jones
Hi, I think people have put on here they have waited over 4 weeks
:s-smilie:[/QUO

hi I think is on 23rd,usually is 3 weeks, still is long to wait,and on my exam it wasn't many dental nurses who took the exam that's why im thinking 3 weeks is enough time to check
Reply 84
Oh no I hope we don't have to wait any longer than 3 weeks, it's driving me mad not knowing! I don't want to have to resit as think I will be just as nervous :frown:. Good luck everyone x
hey im looking for some advice i am cureently thinking of joining a company called harriet ellis i will be able to do a diploma in dental nursing level 3 for 12 months along side working in a dental practice, this is a complete job change as i am currently a TA but i am interested in a career change and dental nursing seems like an interesting job . is this what you guys are doing ? one night school and full time / part time as a dental nurse?
if so how are you finding the course ?
was it hard to find a trainee position ?
how much is the wage p/h as a trainee?
x
Hi, Has anyone got results yet from OSCE exam 3 weeks ago, im still waiting for postman
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE X
Hi, Has anyone got results yet from OSCE exam 3 weeks ago, im still waiting for postman
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE X
[h
(edited 11 years ago)
Someone I know called them the other day and they said it's not gonna get sent out til AFTER 4 March - they got a meeting next week to sign off the results apparently. Disappointed :frown:
Original post by xmyownbubblex
Someone I know called them the other day and they said it's not gonna get sent out til AFTER 4 March - they got a meeting next week to sign off the results apparently. Disappointed :frown:

OMG that's SHOCKING have they not put us through enough STRESS that is over a week, I'm sure we are ALL disappointed, they should let us all know and not keep us hanging on, they are beyond a joke
Original post by emilyclarke1991
hey im looking for some advice i am cureently thinking of joining a company called harriet ellis i will be able to do a diploma in dental nursing level 3 for 12 months along side working in a dental practice, this is a complete job change as i am currently a TA but i am interested in a career change and dental nursing seems like an interesting job . is this what you guys are doing ? one night school and full time / part time as a dental nurse?
x

Hi, It all depends who you do course with as to how you find it
I think trainee positions are hard to find
The wage of a trainee will be an apprentice wage [you can google this]
If you find a surgery which really helps you and explains things to you you should find it interesting.
I worked in a dental surgery 19 years ago and stopped to have children, I went back into it as my children are grown up now, I was shocked at the things we need to know which we will never use again, I passed the written after 3 attempts and just sat the OSCE [practical] and waiting results
Reply 92
There is now a recorded message on the NEBDN number confirming results will be posted on the 4th March, so we will find out 5th onwards, nail-biting!
Original post by emilyclarke1991
x

Hi there
I wouldn't recommend Harriet Ellis at all.Currently studying with them,I wish I chose my local college instead of them.I chose to register with them because they are a recruitment company and they promised to find me a job within 3 months after registering. 6months later that hasn't happened.They said its best if I look for a job myself.The other group is due to sit exams soon and they were only given 1 week notice to pay £399 exam fee.The exams fee is £320 but Harriet Ellis is also charging them £79 for admin fee.So there you go,the choice is yours.
Reply 94
I personally from my experience DO NOT ADVICE ANYONE TO GO FOR HARRIET ELLIS RECRUITMENT to study dental nursing or anything at all!! They charge you extra for every single thing they need to do, while other schools don't! I know because after I left them and I went to another school and they provide me with everything without extra charge, and were very professional and I payed even less then for Harriet Ellis. HE dont give you any job, and if you don't understand something the tutor gets upset, many weeks tutor has been sick or traveling or something els and they call me and say that there is no class this week, and that happened many times. All the time there was issues with them not only for me but for other ppl in the class as well, and in case you need to do anything with admin OMG that guy was a pain... Anyway it's up to you, but I would advice everyone to look for something els.. :wink:
Reply 95
Hi everyone! I would like to become a Dental Nurse! I live in West London! so i'm looking for nice college to study in evenings preferably!
I found the Wisdom Dental! Did you heard about that?
I need your opinion and advices!
Thanks a lot!
Original post by Melocoton
I personally from my experience DO NOT ADVICE ANYONE TO GO FOR HARRIET ELLIS RECRUITMENT to study dental nursing or anything at all!! They charge you extra for every single thing they need to do, while other schools don't! I know because after I left them and I went to another school and they provide me with everything without extra charge, and were very professional and I payed even less then for Harriet Ellis. HE dont give you any job, and if you don't understand something the tutor gets upset, many weeks tutor has been sick or traveling or something els and they call me and say that there is no class this week, and that happened many times. All the time there was issues with them not only for me but for other ppl in the class as well, and in case you need to do anything with admin OMG that guy was a pain... Anyway it's up to you, but I would advice everyone to look for something els.. :wink:

I fully agree!They love to charge for everything. Admin is really really unprofessional.Its as if they are doing a favour by answering the phone.I can't wait to finish and forget about HE.Wish I was warned earlier.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 97
So girls does anyone know when we'll get our exam results? I feel like we've been waiting forever
No post yet
Got my results today, I passed! So happy!! :smile:

Latest