Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should 13 year old girls be able to get the pill?

Announcements Posted on
The News & Current Affairs and Society Forums need more moderators! 20-04-2014
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    They shouldn't really be having sex at their age but it'd be better for them to take the pill than to have a baby.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carecup)
    The age of consent is to prevent pedophiles not to prevent young people having sex.
    Are we as a society okay with children of the same age, any age, having sex?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopple)
    Are we as a society okay with children of the same age, any age, having sex?
    I choose to answer this question with another question. How are we as a society going to stop teenagers having sex?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carecup)
    I choose to answer this question with another question. How are we as a society going to stop teenagers having sex?
    That's the politicians' job to figure out, but only if we as a society demand it. Do we?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was playing out, climbing trees and playing football at the age of 13, not going at it like rabbits. Talk about the early sexualisation of society.

Whether they get the pill is a hard one though. I don't know whether it will help deter under age sex if it's not available, or whether we'll just end up with loads of pregnant 13 year olds.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopple)
    That's the politicians' job to figure out, but only if we as a society demand it. Do we?
    So you're happy to demand something be done, yet you have no solutions or ideas on how to solve this issue? If you really care so much about this issue then you should do something about it. Propose some ideas to your MP or something.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 24, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.