The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Llewellyn
wtf that's massive!

:yep:
Reply 5841
Original post by silentlife
The area around Manchester isn't very nice; I can vouch for that, but the University itself is very nice... I went to the Manchester open day yesterday, and my friend insisted we walked from the station to the campus. :colonhash: The area we passed through was atrocious - I wouldn't be surprised if I got stabbed if I walked back after 8pm...

What station did you come from? I'm from South Manchester which is very nice actually and when I'm in Fallowfield/Rusholme/Oxford Road/Market street area which is regularly, I feel very safe and I'd happily walk around there at night, alone.
Original post by Catiexx
What station did you come from? I'm from South Manchester which is very nice actually and when I'm in Fallowfield/Rusholme/Oxford Road/Market street area which is regularly, I feel very safe and I'd happily walk around there at night, alone.

I walked from Piccadilly station to uni. I think we accidentally walked into the council estate next to the uni as wcp100 said.
*Pokes head round door*

Room for a newbie to the thread? I need to vent about year 12. :bigsmile:
Reply 5844
Original post by Thatstudentdude
*Pokes head round door*

Room for a newbie to the thread? I need to vent about year 12. :bigsmile:

Hi there!

Vent all you want, how's it going?
Reply 5845
Original post by Imposition
You've posted more than me in less than a month :nothing:

Exam procrastination. :cool:
Hi year 12 :biggrin:

I will be doing a leves next year and will be doing edexcel maths. (eg C1, C2 etc S1 etc)
I don't know what to pick here for past papers, can someone tell me?

http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/Pages/pastpapers.aspx

Is it CGE O level
CGE applied level
etc etc

which one is it?

No worries, I think it's
GCE from 2008
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by blueray
Hi year 12 :biggrin:

I will be doing a leves next year and will be doing edexcel maths. (eg C1, C2 etc S1 etc)
I don't know what to pick here for past papers, can someone tell me?

http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/Pages/pastpapers.aspx

Is it CGE O level
CGE applied level
etc etc

which one is it?

No worries, I think it's
GCE from 2008

Yeah, it's from '08 :smile:
Original post by usycool1
Yeah, it's from '08 :smile:

Yeah thought so thanks :biggrin:
Reply 5849
No discussion of AEA until midnight, just like A level exams, right?
Exams are finally over for me! :woo:

Now it's time to get down to business. :colone:

Although we get a day off this Thursday, so I think that will be my day of relaxation and treating myself. :ahee:

It's been too long since I played The Legend of Zelda or any videogames or watched anime. :cool:

C4 was good. I feel so relieved now - I returned my A-Level Maths textbooks and completely cleared out my room and everything and now it's back to it's usual pristene state. :cool:

How has everyone been?

Original post by und
No discussion of AEA until midnight, just like A level exams, right?

I presume so although I don't know whether it's midnight or 04:30 or whenever. I'll discuss it with you at a reasonable time tomorrow to be on the safe side.
Just realised that many of you are probably at the Emma open day today. :K:

I couldn't go today as I had AEA and there would have been no-one to accompany me anyway. I'm going tomorrow, though.
Original post by Maths_Lover

yooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu are back :hat2:
afternoooon
Original post by Maths_Lover
Just realised that many of you are probably at the Emma open day today. :K:

I couldn't go today as I had AEA and there would have been no-one to accompany me anyway. I'm going tomorrow, though.

C4 Edexcel was easy. Not sure if you did Edexcel?
Reply 5855
Original post by NutterFrutter
C4 Edexcel was easy. Not sure if you did Edexcel?

I thought it had some unusual questions that may have put some people off. It was certainly easy for the best candidates though.
Original post by senz72
How was AEA? :smile:

We aren't allowed to discuss it until tomorrow as it's an international exam. I'll tell you about it then, though. :smile:
Reply 5857
Original post by senz72
How was AEA? :smile:

No discussion until midnight. :wink:
:argh: Why can't I multi-quote people? :argh:

Original post by und
I thought it had some unusual questions that may have put some people off. It was certainly easy for the best candidates though.

I found it pretty straight forward as NutterFrutter did. :smile: I probably made some errors here and there though. :tongue:

On another note, cranberry and white chocolate cookies are scrumptious. :sogood:
Reply 5859
Sorry guys! I did not know it was Edexcel.

Latest