The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wcp100
My school gave them to me....

What for?

Edit: I don't mean, what are condoms for. :facepalm: I mean, why did your school give them to you at all?
Reply 7981
Original post by SrijanParmeshwar
Just admit that you are a player :wink:

:facepalm: I am terrible with girls.
Original post by wcp100
:facepalm: I am terrible with girls.

:console:
Reply 7983
Original post by Amwazicles
What for?

Sex...I can't imagine they planned on us using them for water balloons.

We had a healthy lifestyles day about drugs, sexual health and cancer.
Reply 7984
Original post by SrijanParmeshwar
Thankfully teenage pregnancies are unheard of at our school as well considering it is an all boys school.

:rofl:

Original post by pink pineapple
Thankyou :smile: I had a cake and some of my friends came over but apart from that, not much

Awesome :smile: It must be nice to have your birthday in the summer!

:rofl: Well that's reassuring.

Definitely :lol: I think it's because they all go to grammar schools or whatever.

Original post by wcp100
:wink: You know what I mean.

You certainly were.

Spoiler

That you've sort of figured out my personality?
But it was England... in July... it's never sunny! :lol:
Ahahah XD First, ask them why they were looking in your drawer. Then ask them if they'd rather you didn't use condoms :tongue:
Original post by wcp100
Sex...I can't imagine they planned on us using them for water balloons.

We had a healthy lifestyles day about drugs, sexual health and cancer.

I anticipated that response, and I edited my post but obviously not quite fast enough. :tongue:

That's an.. interesting combination? Did you learn anything useful?
Original post by Etoile
Definitely :lol: I think it's because they all go to grammar schools or whatever.

Apparently. :tongue:

Ahahah XD First, ask them why they were looking in your drawer. Then ask them if they'd rather you didn't use condoms :tongue:

Perfect response! :lol:
Reply 7987
I just had to do a drum solo sight reading at a gig (kinda thing). Massive fail.
Reply 7988
I anticipated that response, and I edited my post but obviously not quite fast enough. :tongue:

That's an.. interesting combination? Did you learn anything useful?

Yeh, how to check for testicular cancer properly.
Original post by wcp100
Yeh, how to check for testicular cancer properly.

Well that actually is useful. My school has never taught me anything useful about personal health. Everything I know has come from my parents, books or the internet. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with learning that way, but it makes you wonder why they bother when it's not helping anyone, because they all already know it.

... Maybe this is the case with sexual health because of the raging teenage pregnancy and STD levels in my area :rofl:
Reply 7990
Well that actually is useful. My school has never taught me anything useful about personal health. Everything I know has come from my parents, books or the internet. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with learning that way, but it makes you wonder why they bother when it's not helping anyone, because they all already know it.

... Maybe this is the case with sexual health because of the raging teenage pregnancy and STD levels in my area :rofl:

Most of what I know is from school and sadly the tv. I suppose I'm quite lucky in the sense the pastoral care at my school is excellent.

....That could be very true!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by wcp100
Most of what I know is from school and sadly the tv. I suppose I'm quite lucky in the sense the pastoral care at my school is excellent.

....That could be very true!

Actually TV is probably another source of mine which I didn't think of.

Did anyone read 'Mummy Laid An Egg' when they were younger? It was the single most useful source of sex education in my life.

It is lucky. My school was terrible at that stuff. My college now is a bit better at it, but in a way it's too late now - they're hardly going to be teaching us about sex at this age I suppose.
Reply 7992
Actually TV is probably another source of mine which I didn't think of.

Did anyone read 'Mummy Laid An Egg' when they were younger? It was the single most useful source of sex education in my life.

It is lucky. My school was terrible at that stuff. My college now is a bit better at it, but in a way it's too late now - they're hardly going to be teaching us about sex at this age I suppose.

I've honestly never heard of that book...

It's surprising given that we, as a school, aren't that bad.
Reply 7993
Original post by .snowflake.
Kafka <3. i got about halfway through Die Verwandlung, then started getting so much work to do, so stopped reading it, then the library started getting arsey with me for having it so overdue. i'm still so confused that Georg wakes up, and is a beetle. Everyone else would be like, OH HOLY ****, I'M A BEETLE -PANIC-.
He's like, I'm a beetle. Cool.

You never finished it? It's a great read, with a pretty depressing progression (as with most Kafka to be honest). I notice you called it by its original, German name rather than The Metamorphosis - were you reading it in its original language?
Reply 7994
Worst. Leg. Day. Ever.
Ever.
Reply 7995
Original post by Arva
Worst. Leg. Day. Ever.
Ever.

Why?
Reply 7996
Original post by wcp100
Why?

I haven't been to the gym for legs since before my holiday. This was also my first time isolating purely legs, since I used to combine legs and back in a weird 3 day split. I can hardly feel my legs and if I unlock my knees and put any weight on my quads I almost collapse. :lol:
Reply 7997
In other news I've just recieved a random PM from a guy I can't remember interacting with before, calling me the "maths genius Arva" and asking for advice since he's taking Maths next year or something like that. :lolwut:
Original post by Arva
Worst. Leg. Day. Ever.
Ever.

I know that feel. :console:
Mine aren't that bad, but I hope I'm not still DOMSing in my legs tomorrow or squats will be hell. :frown:
Reply 7999
Original post by Appeal to reason
I know that feel. :console:
Mine aren't that bad, but I hope I'm not still DOMSing in my legs tomorrow or squats will be hell. :frown:

Ah, DOMS - my eternal nemesis. Hope you recover soon!
Sqats are always hell. :colonhash:
My hot water's gone, so I can't even have a preemptive bath to try and avoid the worst of it.

Also :woo: another gym-goer in the thread apart from Chickenonsteroids!
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest