The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else doing c1 tomorrow? :smile:
Original post by Etoile

I like how it is applicable :nothing:

It is very useful... but that's not necessarily where the fun in Maths lies. :emo:
Reply 1382
Original post by Etoile

Yes :smug:

That's probably why you like it then:tongue:
I guess I'm going to need to start revising German at some point. I'd hate to do well in Biology and Chemistry and fail German... All my exams are with the same exam board, so the littlest thing will impact my certificate.

Any advice, fellow linguists?
Hope everyone's feeling happy with their recent exams!
Original post by Etoile

Thank you :smile: Do you have any tomorrow?

Yes I have English literature :smile:
Hi everyone. Haven't posted here since this time last year for GCSE's - clearly it's my way of de-stressing about exams.

I've had history today. Bit panicked about Politics tomorrow, but hopefully it'll be ok. How's everyone else getting on?
Original post by Etoile
:hugs:
Ooh I have just remembered that we get a choice of question for Dorian Gray. This is not as bad as I thought!
After your amazing lit coursework I know you will do amazingly, without freaking :yep:
Maths AS has stolen all my maths skills. :colonhash: I can't even add up and multiply anymore, but I can do integration...how useful... :colonhash:

Oh nice! We don't even have a choice for question one, though I won't complain as it's all about context and comparisons. :colone:
Hah! It's one thing being able to do high-quality work at a desk at home, and another in an exam hall! Thank you though. :smile:
Oh god I've heard this off others too. I don't understand how it works. :lol:
You'll pull through though.

Hmm, not feeling quite as bad about Question two...noticed one or two thigns I should and shouldn't be doing that'll make it more likely I do well enough..
Original post by Phildlesticks
Hi everyone. Haven't posted here since this time last year for GCSE's - clearly it's my way of de-stressing about exams.

I've had history today. Bit panicked about Politics tomorrow, but hopefully it'll be ok. How's everyone else getting on?

Snap! Politics Unit 1 re-sit? I've got that tomorrow too and revising for it is L O N G especially after revising like crazy all of y'day night for History :frown:
English = impossible
Original post by chickenonsteroids
English = impossible

Hardest exam by faaaaaar. What board are you doing?
Original post by Boom533
Hardest exam by faaaaaar. What board are you doing?

I don't do A levels :tongue:
Reply 1391
Original post by Etoile

How do you pronounce "Gasiorowicz?"
Original post by chickenonsteroids
I don't do A levels :tongue:

How come?

IB/Scottish?
Original post by Boom533
How come?

IB/Scottish?

The IB :yes:
Reply 1394
Original post by ConverseAddict
Snap! Politics Unit 1 re-sit? I've got that tomorrow too and revising for it is L O N G especially after revising like crazy all of y'day night for History :frown:

I had a history exam today too do you do the elizabethan era topic??
Original post by RaHiNa
I had a history exam today too do you do the elizabethan era topic??

Nope, I did Russia in Revolution and Civil Rights in the USA 1945-68. Which exam board are you with? I'm with Edexcel :smile:
Reply 1396
Nope, I did Russia in Revolution and Civil Rights in the USA 1945-68. Which exam board are you with? I'm with Edexcel :smile:

oh ok, and i'm with ocr. how did your exam go? i made a really big mistake on mine :frown:
Original post by RaHiNa
oh ok, and i'm with ocr. how did your exam go? i made a really big mistake on mine :frown:

Hmm I think my exam went okay tbh, mainly because my teacher is REALLY good at guessing what type of questions will come up (he's been a teacher forever, so I guess he has a sixth sense by now lol) and I revised what he told us to and it came up :biggrin: Fingerscrossedtouchwoodholdmybreath that it all goes well though, I don't want to jinx anything

Oh, what happened?
Reply 1398
Hmm I think my exam went okay tbh, mainly because my teacher is REALLY good at guessing what type of questions will come up (he's been a teacher forever, so I guess he has a sixth sense by now lol) and I revised what he told us to and it came up :biggrin: Fingerscrossedtouchwoodholdmybreath that it all goes well though, I don't want to jinx anything

Oh, what happened?

that's good hopefully all goes well :smile:. i think i misunderstood the question :/ and my whole essay wasn't directly answering the question and i said the court was the privy council :frown: when it's not. :frown: but .. on the bright side apart from that big obvious mistake made i did mention some of the main points and hopefully i'll still get a decent grade but i don't know, just going to have to wait and see what happenes i guess.
Original post by RaHiNa
that's good hopefully all goes well :smile:. i think i misunderstood the question :/ and my whole essay wasn't directly answering the question and i said the court was the privy council :frown: when it's not. :frown: but .. on the bright side apart from that big obvious mistake made i did mention some of the main points and hopefully i'll still get a decent grade but i don't know, just going to have to wait and see what happenes i guess.

Thank you! :smile: I'm sure you'll do fine, if you at least mention things that are relevant, which you did. I hope it all goes well for you! :smile:

Haha the stuff about the privy council reminds me of the unit we did before; Poverty and Public Health in 18th Century Britain. Omds I actually hated that. With. A. Passion xD

Latest