The Student Room Group

Second degree funding question

Now, bear with me here, this is a bit of a weird post but oh well!

I recently left my previous University course, after doing 4 terms I decided that the subject wasn't for me and I left to pursue a degree in the subject that I took as my minor in first year.

So, because I did more than 1 year at my first University, Student finance have told me that in my first year at my new Uni I will only be eligable for the minimum maintenance loan and no tuition fee loan because I have already had 2 years worth of funding.

However, I haven't received 2 years worth of funding. For my first course I was eligable for £3000 in tuition fee loans and £3600 (roughly) in maintenance loans for each year. In my first year it was all paid, however in my second year my University only required approximately £1400 of the tuition fee to be paid and I only received 2 of my 3 maintenance loan payments, about £2400.

So, in my eyes Student Finance have not paid for 2 years of my education, if they had done then they would have paid out £13,200 however they have only paid £10,400.

So, my question is, given that they have not paid for 2 full years, is there any way that I can try and receive the remaining £1600 in tuition fees and £1200 in maintenance loan that they didn't pay out during my 2nd year?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Even 1 day on a course counts as a year for SF purposes, regardless how it was financed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending