The Student Room Group

IB Maths HL 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by banban
Yh I'm hoping to receive method marks...although my work was allover the place..and some was in pencil :0 so doubting I'll get that...

what you hoping for/what do you need from maths?

I want/need a 6 overall for chemical engineering
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 61
I reckon I'll pin my hopes on paper 3. Just gotta focus revising for the option.
Reply 62
oops my bad.

im kinda curious, it doesnt actually matter what the grade boundaries for the individual papers are, seeing as the percentages of all papers and IAs are being added up, right?
Reply 63
I think its fine to leave it as arctan the only thing is it was 6 marks the whole thing, and apart from calculating modulus and just simplifying the root to find the angle there wasn't much to the question! So I don't know really..maybe its A1 for each answer and M1 M1 for finding the modulus and the angle! I loved how alot of the questions had show that because in a non-calculator paper when you get the proof then you know you're right without worrying about your arithmetic skills!
Reply 64
Original post by aldinger
oops my bad.

im kinda curious, it doesnt actually matter what the grade boundaries for the individual papers are, seeing as the percentages of all papers and IAs are being added up, right?

hmmm. i guess...
Need a 7 for Imperial (aerospace engineering)
Reply 66
Original post by Saymyname!
Need a 7 for Imperial (aerospace engineering)

wowwww. Intense! I got an offer from imperial, however they wanted a 6 for maths and 7 in chem. I've firmed UCL and insurance is nottingham. Declined Imperial. Didn't like it.
Reply 67
Sis... it's he :smile:

Sorry :colondollar:

Also...need a 7 :frown:
Reply 68
Original post by johndoe04
I reckon I'll pin my hopes on paper 3. Just gotta focus revising for the option.

That's the plan for me too...need to ace paper 3 to try and salvage a 7 or a 6
Reply 69
Original post by banban
That's the plan for me too...need to ace paper 3 to try and salvage a 7 or a 6

good luck!

Is anyone here doing series and differential equations? How do you know all the different tests?
Reply 70
I am doing the series and differential equations and to be honest I cannot see myself getting over 50%..
Original post by johndoe04
wowwww. Intense! I got an offer from imperial, however they wanted a 6 for maths and 7 in chem. I've firmed UCL and insurance is nottingham. Declined Imperial. Didn't like it.

Haha, awesome. Imperial wants a 7 in HL Math and HL Physics, and a 6 in the other higher. Crazy hoes want a 41 on my diploma at least.
Reply 72
Haha, awesome. Imperial wants a 7 in HL Math and HL Physics, and a 6 in the other higher. Crazy hoes want a 41 on my diploma at least.

wow that's nasty....GOOD LUCK!

though by the sounds of things you should be alright
Reply 73
series is a very unpredictable option its either easy or hard, its easy you can do it or cant do it! I hope I can get over a 40 over 60 atleast!
Reply 74
Ok, I took my time to write this out for you guys :smile:

photo.JPG

Thank you so much, this was very helpful. I put arccos(3/4) which also gives the same angle so would it be right?
Original post by marixmas
Thank you so much, this was very helpful. I put arccos(3/4) which also gives the same angle so would it be right?

Absolutely!
Reply 76
Absolutely!

ahh great, thank you! im literally just getting so worried about everything because my offer includes a 7 in hl maths! :/
Reply 77
It is times like this, I appreciate going to US, unconditional offers and math HL won't give me any credit even if I do get a 7! Unless I did further math SL! But still for the amount of effort i've put into those past papers anything less than a 6 will seem like a fail!
Reply 78
Original post by marixmas
ahh great, thank you! im literally just getting so worried about everything because my offer includes a 7 in hl maths! :/

I'm kind of worried about how paper 1 went. :frown:
Reply 79
Original post by 450yamaha
I am doing the series and differential equations and to be honest I cannot see myself getting over 50%..

It's not that bad surely. The Taylor and Mclaurin series are pretty much easy to do since the formula’s are on formula booklet. L’hopital’s rule is applicable only when you have an indiscriminate form (infinity/infinity or 0/0 ). The tests for convergence and divergence I guess takes looooads of practice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending