The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RamocitoMorales
You have to say where in London you're from (i.e. what borough, as the minimum).

Don't see why borough is needed as the "minimum". The minimum for what? We're discussing our goals of getting to Sheffield University mainly rather than where exactly from London we're from. Maybe we can what say borough we're from but I don't see why it has to be the minimum LOL :colondollar:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by BSc.Pro.Logic
Don't see why borough is needed as the "minimum". The minimum for what? We're discussing our goals of getting to Sheffield University mainly rather than where exactly from London we're from. Maybe we can what say borough we're from but I don't see why it has to be the minimum LOL :colondollar:

If you're really going to play the role of the frightened calf then you're welcome to say the first two characters of your postcode (i.e. 'SW', 'W', 'NE', etc.)

The part of London you're from is more important than you'd think, as I have discovered since going away to university. There are sets of Londoners whom I cannot relate to, and those whom I can relate to.
Original post by RamocitoMorales
If you're really going to play the role of the frightened calf then you're welcome to say the first two characters of your postcode (i.e. 'SW', 'W', 'NE', etc.)

The part of London you're from is more important than you'd think, as I have discovered since going away to university. There are sets of Londoners whom I cannot relate to, and those whom I can relate to.

:confused: So you want to make assumptions off of us based on our postcode/ borough...? Not sure if that's the greatest mindset to enter this thread with to be fair. In fact i'm certain that's not the correct mindset... :s-smilie:
:confused: So you want to make assumptions off of us based on our postcode/ borough...?

Yes! :facepalm:
Reply 24
Need to get AAB for my course, hopefully I will get it :colondollar:

I have Reading as my insurance choice which asks for BBB/ABC.

:smile: You?

Oooh my friend has to get AAB for sheffield too! I have to get BBB/ABC/AAD :biggrin: my back-up choice is portsmouth which want BBC :smile: X
Reply 25
Original post by onlyyouknowbest
Heeeeeeeey :biggrin: how are you doing? I'm so glad that there is at least somebody from here going to Sheffield! I'm going to be studying Journalism (that is if I make the grades) hopefully I should! What are you studying at the moment, and whereabouts are you from? :smile:

ha don't worry about meeting Londoners at Sheffield, there's a lot of them here.

Good luck getting the grades everyone.

Original post by RMW1994
Hey guys,also from London! Proper excited for september! :biggrin: xx

So you should be! Sheffield has so much to offer, and everyone I know loves it here.

But I think I should mention that all the Londoners I know were shocked when they found out drink prices (£2.40 quadvods sound good?), so be careful :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending