The Student Room Group

Sheffield or Loughborough London for MSc?

This poll is closed

MSc Offers: Loughborough London vs. Sheffield

MSc Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics at Loughborough University London 0%
MSc Data Analytics at the University of Sheffield100%
Total votes: 2
Hello, everyone!

I'm an international student who has received offers from these UK universities for my postgraduate studies:

- MSc Data Analytics at the University of Sheffield.
- MSc Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics at Loughborough University London.

I have a few specific questions:

1. Which of these universities offers better graduate prospects in data-related fields?
2. What are their reputations in terms of academic excellence and industry connections?
3. I'm also curious about the quality of life in London and Sheffield.

I would appreciate your advice and experiences as I make this important decision. Thank you in advance!
Original post by Trun
Hello, everyone!

I'm an international student who has received offers from these UK universities for my postgraduate studies:

- MSc Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics at Loughborough University London.

1. Which of these universities offers better graduate prospects in data-related fields?
2. What are their reputations in terms of academic excellence and industry connections?

I would appreciate your advice and experiences as I make this important decision. Thank you in advance!

Hi @Trun

Great to hear from you and congratulations on your offer:smile:

I would recommend taking a look at the course page here for detailed information about the course.
This page here will give information on our innovation and enterprise hub.
This is our living in London page which should help you see that London is a great place to be! London was voted as the 'Best student city in the world'- QS Best Student Cities 2023.

I would recommend emailing: [email protected] for further information if you need.

I hope this helps :smile:

Alex
Original post by Trun
Hello, everyone!

Hey,

I am not in the data analytics field, but I can answer some of your more general Sheffield questions. We also have a chat platform where you can talk to current students on the course and similar courses: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/study/chat

Sheffield is within the top group of universities in the UK, it is a popular Russell Group University. There are lots of industry connections, networking events and careers support available at the University. There are course and department-specific opportunities, but there are also a lot of other events that the University and students union puts on.

Sheffield as a city has a quite relaxed feel. It is a big city, but there are so many parks and green spaces that it does not feel like a city sometimes. The University buildings are all close together, and a 10 minute walk from the city centre, so you get the best of both worlds from a campus and city university. There are lots of student societies and it is very easy to feel integrated into a community in Sheffield. Students tend to live in particular areas of the city so you are never far from your coursemates. The peak district is really nearby too, so it is easy to escape into the countryside. The University feels very supportive, students work hard, but it does not feel overly pressured or competitive and especially with a masters it is nice that you get the freedom to explore your interests.

I hope you enjoy your course, whichever you choose. And if you have any other Sheffield questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Evie (MSc Anatomy and Education at UoS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending