The Student Room Group

Economics Applicant Thread UCAS 2012 mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Brand New Eyes

Hows De Moivre and Eigenvectors :colone:

Oh! What is your Avatar

Can't beat a bit of FP2 and FP3.

I'm disliking F585 however. Such a rubbish exam!
Original post by Groat
Can't beat a bit of FP2 and FP3.

I'm disliking F585 however. Such a rubbish exam!

I dislike Economics...

A Level :colone:
Reply 182
I dislike Economics...

A Level :colone:

:yes:
Original post by Tateco
:yes:

:five: hmm I do wonder whether I regret taking it. Still not sure
Reply 184
:five: hmm I do wonder whether I regret taking it. Still not sure

I don't regret taking it because then I would never have done it at degree, but I do find the a level itself and the structure of the exams pretty dull compared to other subjects.
Original post by Tateco
I don't regret taking it because then I would never have done it at degree, but I do find the a level itself and the structure of the exams pretty dull compared to other subjects.

May I ask what made you choose economics if you find the A level dull? I feel pretty much the same as you, I find maths a lot more interesting to revise for but economics seems to be a drag tbh
Reply 186
Original post by Extricated
May I ask what made you choose economics if you find the A level dull? I feel pretty much the same as you, I find maths a lot more interesting to revise for but economics seems to be a drag tbh

Because I am very interested in economics as a subject. I also don't think that I'm a natural mathematician. I am good at Maths and definitely Maths exams, but I find myself looking into stories to do with Economics and Politics and wanting to know more, which I don't do with Maths or other subjects. Economics at university has got a lot of Maths in it so you don't have to worry about that. If you are equally as interested and feel naturally talented in it then go for Maths. It is important not to choose between the two on career prospects, they are both good so go for what you enjoy (as cliche as it sounds).

To get into the decent universities for Maths you have to show a natural aptitude with STEP so this is also something to consider.
Reply 187
No motivation :frown:
Original post by Tateco

Same here...
Reply 189
Original post by Tateco

Panic from this side :tongue:
Original post by Hemzo
Panic from this side :tongue:

:hugs: You'll be fine

Haven't done any C3 for about a month :ninja:

Are you also on Edexcel?
Original post by nightmare91
Are you also on Edexcel?

Yep. We'll be doing the same exam :eek:

Have you finished arbitur?
(edited 11 years ago)
Yep. We'll be doing the same exam :eek:

Yup and C4 as well I assume! I haven't started revising for C4 yet. Actually I still have to cover the whole Integration chapter. But this time pressure is actually good for me :tongue:

And yes, I've finished it and made my offer :smile: Really glad about this.
Yup and C4 as well I assume! I haven't started revising for C4 yet. Actually I still have to cover the whole Integration chapter. But this time pressure is actually good for me :tongue:

And yes, I've finished it and made my offer :smile: Really glad about this.

Me neither :five: Substitution :love: Parts : :sick:

integration is quite a big unit but you have lots of time!

Oh really? Congrats! :woo: so A level Maths wasn't part of your offer?
Me neither :five: Substitution :love: Parts : :sick:

integration is quite a big unit but you have lots of time!

Oh really? Congrats! :woo: so A level Maths wasn't part of your offer?

Yup the unit is quite big but luckily the exam is on the 21st so still lots of time to revise.

Thankyou! No they decided to exclude that and instead give me an overall higher offer, that is higher GPA and high marks in English and Abitur Maths. So I don't even have to finish the A Level but I already paid for it, so why not :biggrin: And I like maths also.
Yup the unit is quite big but luckily the exam is on the 21st so still lots of time to revise.

Thankyou! No they decided to exclude that and instead give me an overall higher offer, that is higher GPA and high marks in English and Abitur Maths. So I don't even have to finish the A Level but I already paid for it, so why not :biggrin: And I like maths also.

I think I'll just read over past papers I've already done :h: all the questions seem the same really. Just need to perfect differential equations

Oh you're welcome! It must be a big relief to have finished! Without maths you'd be on summer break already :teehee:

Isn't Maths so great.

Oh also, from stalking people on LinkedIn Harry Maxwell from the Apprentice last year is going to LSE for Geography
I think I'll just read over past papers I've already done :h: all the questions seem the same really. Just need to perfect differential equations

Oh you're welcome! It must be a big relief to have finished! Without maths you'd be on summer break already :teehee:

Isn't Maths so great.

Oh also, from stalking people on LinkedIn Harry Maxwell from the Apprentice last year is going to LSE for Geography

Lol, just googled him, on his twitter it says LSE economist
Original post by tooambitious
Lol, just googled him, on his twitter it says LSE economist

Economics and Geography 2012-2015

not yet he's not!

You're back :h:
Reply 199

Thanks! I've got my C3 exam next week and it looks much more easier after doing C4 :tongue:

Did you opt for Bath in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending