The Student Room Group

Why do girls hate me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by zara55
That Hollister pick attractive girls to work in their stores? I was suggesting this probably applies to you. :smile:

oh erm, its not 'attractive' people they chose its people who have a certain look about them like a natural look and stuff. Like i know people who have been to interviews and not got in who are very attractive imo.
Reply 101
hmm
Reply 102
Original post by f1mad
I remember reading this somewhere too; marketing ploy eh.

not strictly true
Reply 103
Original post by pshewitt1
quite a few of girls are like this... just get used to it, us guys are so much more fun anyway :biggrin:

hehe very true
so much more laid back and stuff
recently had a week where all my girl flatmates went home leaving me with the 5 boys and it was so much fun and like calm
Reply 104
Original post by Girlproblems
i understand but like girls at uni dont seem very fond of me
one girl whos never met me said i she hates me because im 'too friendly'

Maybe you come across a bit strongly and are a bit overpowering in conversation? I know someone who is extremely friendly and nice but is disliked by a lot of people because she is so loud... and she can unintentionally be very annoying despite being a lovely person.

Try spending time with girls more like yourself, who are outgoing and cheery. Many people find optimists quite infuriating, but I have no idea why it would only be girls that dislike you for this - that's probably because, as many others have said, you're attractive and have many male friends.
Reply 105
Original post by Sniggey
Maybe you come across a bit strongly and are a bit overpowering in conversation? I know someone who is extremely friendly and nice but is disliked by a lot of people because she is so loud... and she can unintentionally be very annoying despite being a lovely person.

Try spending time with girls more like yourself, who are outgoing and cheery. Many people find optimists quite infuriating, but I have no idea why it would only be girls that dislike you for this - that's probably because, as many others have said, you're attractive and have many male friends.

Generally envy is about looks, money or nicking someone's b/f, or all three. :smile:
So im a girl and girls have an issue with me
I spent a lot of time with boys, e.g. living with mostly boys next year, when i go out its with boys (e.g. clubs/pubs/town/supermarket) 90% of the time im just with boys and this is because/maybe why girls hate me?

Im really laid back, hate bitching, easy going and sociable but for some reason girls just want to punch me..

what am i doing wrong here? :frown:

P.S. i work at hollister
girls who hate me like to mention that.
but in all seriousness Im not stuck up in the slighest and if i could find a better job id take it..

Could be a problem I lived with 3 girls last year and practically all they did was BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH about anyone and everything.
Reply 107
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
Could be a problem I lived with 3 girls last year and practically all they did was BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH about anyone and everything.

its such a nightmare!
Reply 108
Original post by zara55
Generally envy is about looks, money or nicking someone's b/f, or all three. :smile:

i dont even have a bf or THAT much money, im just typicaly middle class. And spose im average looking
Reply 109
Original post by Sniggey

im timid :smile:
hmmm ill give it a go, no idea where ill find these girls though haha
Reply 110
I'm the same, I find it really difficult to make friends with girls. When I was younger I was always surrounded by boys as I have an older brother but then when I started high school I still struggled to get on with girls or even like them. I found in my circle of friends that I were always the one who was picked on although there is nothing distinguishly to bully me on. Ever since I've found it hard to get along with girls and would rather have boy mates. I find girls talk about me and are funny with me although i'm not the bitchy type of person. My mum told me I got picked on at school because I dared to be different and my 'friends' found that intimadating so they resulted in picking on me.

In your case it may be similiar, girls are bitches.
Reply 111
Original post by Meganesx
I'm the same, I find it really difficult to make friends with girls. When I was younger I was always surrounded by boys as I have an older brother but then when I started high school I still struggled to get on with girls or even like them. I found in my circle of friends that I were always the one who was picked on although there is nothing distinguishly to bully me on. Ever since I've found it hard to get along with girls and would rather have boy mates. I find girls talk about me and are funny with me although i'm not the bitchy type of person. My mum told me I got picked on at school because I dared to be different and my 'friends' found that intimadating so they resulted in picking on me.

In your case it may be similiar, girls are bitches.

yeah maybe, i only started getting bullied when i got my confidence up and started talking to new people and got jobs and stuff like that
So im a girl and girls have an issue with me
I spent a lot of time with boys, e.g. living with mostly boys next year, when i go out its with boys (e.g. clubs/pubs/town/supermarket) 90% of the time im just with boys and this is because/maybe why girls hate me?

Im really laid back, hate bitching, easy going and sociable but for some reason girls just want to punch me..

what am i doing wrong here? :frown:

P.S. i work at hollister
girls who hate me like to mention that.
but in all seriousness Im not stuck up in the slighest and if i could find a better job id take it..

My advice is to not worry as it sounds like you've got some pretty awesome friends already! Guys have the saying 'bros before hoes' but I've noticed how a lot of the time, this doesn't seem to apply to their girlmates. Girls do tend to feel threatened if a guy is close to another girl, and some will make demands etc if your friends don't give in to them, then it sounds like they're keepers.

The only thing I would say, is could you be contributing to them feeling threatened at all?
I'd say touchy-feelyness is probabaly one of the biggest things girls hate. I sort of thing a hug hello and goodbye is all that's neccersary with physical interaction. Like even playfighting can be interpretated as flirting. I used to have the opinion of well if I do it with girl mate it's fine to do with a guy mate but this logic is really flawed, for example my girl mates and I will get changed infront of eachother, now if I had a guy stripping alone with me I don't think if they had a girlfriend they'd be very happy about it... Same with sitting in laps, etc.
But sometimes it is entirely they're problem. The jealousy problem espeically if you are hot (you work in hollister, you wouldn't be hired if not!). Hot girls make other girls feel inferior/threatened or not even that, some presume it takes a lot of time to look good and you must be shallow (even though they're the shallow ones for prejudging like that :rolleyes:)

Although this actually suprises me that you have a lot of guy friends, I'm not that attractive but guys still tend to either want to be in a relationship with me or jump my bones :angry:. Perhaps you hang out in quite a large group, so tend to get less close?
Reply 113
thats just my username... not my real name

lol
Reply 114
Original post by xfirekittyx
My advice is to not worry as it sounds like you've got some pretty awesome friends already! Guys have the saying 'bros before hoes' but I've noticed how a lot of the time, this doesn't seem to apply to their girlmates. Girls do tend to feel threatened if a guy is close to another girl, and some will make demands etc if your friends don't give in to them, then it sounds like they're keepers.

The only thing I would say, is could you be contributing to them feeling threatened at all?
I'd say touchy-feelyness is probabaly one of the biggest things girls hate. I sort of thing a hug hello and goodbye is all that's neccersary with physical interaction. Like even playfighting can be interpretated as flirting. I used to have the opinion of well if I do it with girl mate it's fine to do with a guy mate but this logic is really flawed, for example my girl mates and I will get changed infront of eachother, now if I had a guy stripping alone with me I don't think if they had a girlfriend they'd be very happy about it... Same with sitting in laps, etc.
But sometimes it is entirely they're problem. The jealousy problem espeically if you are hot (you work in hollister, you wouldn't be hired if not!). Hot girls make other girls feel inferior/threatened or not even that, some presume it takes a lot of time to look good and you must be shallow (even though they're the shallow ones for prejudging like that :rolleyes:)

Although this actually suprises me that you have a lot of guy friends, I'm not that attractive but guys still tend to either want to be in a relationship with me or jump my bones :angry:. Perhaps you hang out in quite a large group, so tend to get less close?

this is very intresting thank you!
i dont play fight though haha id lose big time and i doubt people would presume it takes e ages to get ready since i always wear no makeup with my hair up but yeah i definitly see what you mean.
thanksss
Reply 115
Original post by py0alb
lol

im sorry but she made a very stupid comment ha so thought id say that :smile:
Original post by xfirekittyx

LOL, this sounds hilarious. I've never heard of guys sitting in each others laps.
hehe very true
so much more laid back and stuff
recently had a week where all my girl flatmates went home leaving me with the 5 boys and it was so much fun and like calm

Exactly! join a surf society if you can or something. all us guys in those are laid back and awesome(from experiences,so generally). must ask do you get 'friend zoned' by a lot of guys or are you happy ? just something that never seems to follow trend, no idea why...but interesting to know
For some reason, girls who hang around/getting along better with boys seem to get a lot of stick. I know a couple like it, and they're not particularly well-liked by other girls. Could be due to jealousy or the fact you're getting a lot of male 'attention'. Try not to worry too much about it.
Guys are screwed when not even girls understand girls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending