The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Benniboi1
Name: Ben
A-levels: Maths, FM, Physics
Firm: Warwick - Physics (although thinking of changing to Maths&Physics) - AAA
Insurance: UCL - Physics AAB

Feeling alright about exams at the moment, started revision way earlier this year and my exams aren't until June.

Just want some good weather and exams to go well :biggrin:

Weirdly enough I know someone called Ben who's going to do Physics at Warwick with UCL as insurance :lolwut:

Hi everyone.

Name: such_a_lady / Chiara
A-levels: German, Spanish, Eng Lit, Eng Lang
Firm: Oxford - Modern Languages - AAA
Insurance: Durham - Modern Languages - AAB
Original post by britchick
How many hours' worth of revision are A2 students doing each day this half term?

As much as I can physically handle without having a breakdown, not really counting hours :tongue: As long as you're working to your best potential, you're doing enough. Some (crazy people) can do about 12 hours a day, some prefer to do 4-5 hours of very concentrated revision and chill for the rest of the day! All depends on how you work :smile:
Was too ill to sit an exam today :frown: hate my life!
I should probably do this properly before random posting :p:

Name: Lalita
A-Levels: Psychology, Maths, English Language
Firm - UCL Q100 Linguistics (AAB)
Insurance - King's College London PQ31 English Language and Communication (AAB)

Yes my firm and insurance are the same, but all my offers were AAB so I had no choice :sigh:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by such_a_lady
Weirdly enough I know someone called Ben who's going to do Physics at Warwick with UCL as insurance :lolwut:

This is crazy. So do I :eek: :tongue:
Original post by Lollyage
This is crazy. So do I :eek: :tongue:

Are you actually in India? :tongue:
Are you actually in India? :tongue:

No, I'm in England. If I were in India, it would have made the Ben thing a whole lot creepier :tongue:
Reply 387
Original post by snailsareslimy
Was too ill to sit an exam today :frown: hate my life!

:hugs: is it AS or A2? :sad:
No, I'm in England. If I were in India, it would have made the Ben thing a whole lot creepier :tongue:

I think we may be quite near each other :tongue: how weird :tongue:
I think we may be quite near each other :tongue: how weird :tongue:

Looks like we are! :yep:
Name: britchick
A-Levels: Biology, Physics, Psychology
Firm - Anglia Ruskin, Cambridge - Optometry (ABB)
Insurance - Aston, Birmingham - Optometry (AAA)

Yes, my insurance choice has higher entry requirements than my firm. Because, well, CARPE DIEM. (And because "YOLO" is not okay.)
(edited 11 years ago)
Looks like we are! :yep:

INSANELY small world :lolwut:

Emma H was my best friend for three years. Ben H also my best friend for three, four years. Padraig works with me. So does Giselle. People like Nadia, Steven, Vanessa, Fatima, Mona....this is INSANELY weird. O.o

Tomlinscote :yep:
INSANELY small world :lolwut:

Emma H was my best friend for three years. Ben H also my best friend for three, four years. Padraig works with me. So does Giselle. People like Nadia, Steven, Vanessa, Fatima, Mona....this is INSANELY weird. O.o

Tomlinscote :yep:

OMG this is insane! Emma is basically one of my best friends, Padraig and Giselle are in my psychology class and Steven, Fatima etc I just met randomly :p:

Always weird when someone recognises you on TSR though!
Original post by madders94
:hugs: is it AS or A2? :sad:

I'm doing A2 but it was an AS resit, but I've still got a decent B for it so it's not terrible, just would have liked to try get it up a bit because I had a terrible Biology A2-2 paper a few weeks ago! Hopefully it won't affect me too much :frown: but thank you for your concern :smile: Will give rep as soon as I can!
Reply 394
I'm doing A2 but it was an AS resit, but I've still got a decent B for it so it's not terrible, just would have liked to try get it up a bit because I had a terrible Biology A2-2 paper a few weeks ago! Hopefully it won't affect me too much :frown: but thank you for your concern :smile: Will give rep as soon as I can!

Aww :console: I hope it won't affect you too much and I hope you feel better soon! I was worried I'd end up missing exams; as it is I'm sitting them but applying for special consideration. Can you do the same or are you going to stick with the B?
Aww :console: I hope it won't affect you too much and I hope you feel better soon! I was worried I'd end up missing exams; as it is I'm sitting them but applying for special consideration. Can you do the same or are you going to stick with the B?

:frown: that's awful, hopefully special consideration will help you a lot though :smile: and I think I'll just stick with a B :smile: I only need ABB for my firm choice anyway, and I feel a little guilty for applying for something like that where there are loads of people with serious health issues and I've only got a bad case of the flu :tongue:

How are your exams going though? I really hope that your problems don't affect your uni choice :frown: :hugs:
Reply 396
:frown: that's awful, hopefully special consideration will help you a lot though :smile: and I think I'll just stick with a B :smile: I only need ABB for my firm choice anyway, and I feel a little guilty for applying for something like that where there are loads of people with serious health issues and I've only got a bad case of the flu :tongue:

How are your exams going though? I really hope that your problems don't affect your uni choice :frown: :hugs:

You shouldn't feel guilty about applying for it, you can get special consideration if you get hayfever or a headache in the middle of the exam, the flu is definitely worth applying for it! :smile:

I've only had one so far and I think it went alright but towards the end I was struggling to concentrate. My own stupid fault though, I timed taking painkillers wrong so that by the time I got into the exam they were beginning to wear off but I couldn't take anymore, and it was a 2 and a half hour exam :facepalm2:

I'm predicted AAB/ABB, but my uni offer is 240 points so I should still be able to get that hopefully! My doctor's told me he'll provide evidence for the exam board if they need proof that I've been ill which is good because I have a feeling I'm going to need it :s-smilie: I first went to the doctors on the 21st of March and since then I've been into college three times I think - twice for lessons, once for an exam :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
You shouldn't feel guilty about applying for it, you can get special consideration if you get hayfever or a headache in the middle of the exam, the flu is definitely worth applying for it! :smile:

I've only had one so far and I think it went alright but towards the end I was struggling to concentrate. My own stupid fault though, I timed taking painkillers wrong so that by the time I got into the exam they were beginning to wear off but I couldn't take anymore, and it was a 2 and a half hour exam :facepalm2:

I'm predicted AAB/ABB, but my uni offer is 240 points so I should still be able to get that hopefully! My doctor's told me he'll provide evidence for the exam board if they need proof that I've been ill which is good because I have a feeling I'm going to need it :s-smilie: I first went to the doctors on the 21st of March and since then I've been into college three times I think - twice for lessons, once for an exam :s-smilie:

:frown: you've probably done fine in that exam! I think we all think we've done worse than we actually have :tongue:. At least your doctor is willing to help you, I'm sure it'll all work out fine :smile: (also that rep is coming... I've ran out today :tongue:)
Reply 398
At what point does it become socially acceptable to start spamming this thread with gifs?
Reply 399
I am sitting in hope (aka desperation) and thinking I may have possibly gained the grades they really want? My daily thinking consists of arguments with myself...

- "You won't get the grades"
- "Wait, you said that with GCSEs..."
- "Yes, but A levels are harder..."
- "But you have improved since then!..."
- "Face it, you won't do it."
- "You might."
- "You won't."

These results are driving me to insanity.

Anybody else (AS or A2) terrified of opening results sheets and feeling their throats sink through their stomach and hit the floor....

Latest