The Student Room Group

Need Advice - Uni for Fashion

Hi I'm starting Uni this year but still cannot decide which uni I should go. any advice and suggestions on the unis :confused:is appreciated.

1. UCA Epsom for BA Fashion Promotion & Imaging (YR2)
- The course looks really nice, but Im worried it's a new uni that doesnt get recognition from companies:confused: . And the nightlife is another concern.

2. University of Westminster for BA Fashion Buying Management(YR1)
- UoW is my first choice. The course is a 4-yr sandwich programme, so i cant really afford of going :frown: I'm from overseas, so 2 more years really make a difference on expense.

3. De Monfort for BA Fashion Buying(YR2)
- Not sure about this Uni. Some say its pretty lame:K:

4. Birmingham City University for BA Fashion Retail Management (YR2)
- I like the course as well, but not sure its as good as westminster.

Can anybody help me ???:s-smilie:
Reply 1
At the risk of being one of those evil degree-snobs, are you sure these are the best option for a degree? It seems like 'fashion retail management' will serve to get you a mid-range manager position in a retail shop.

If you have an idea of what to do afterwards, then go for it. It just gives you something to think about.

In terms of Uni - I've never heard of the first. Westminster will probably be your best choice in terms of quality, and also remember that being in London will make it easier/cheaper to get experience at magazines, top stores and so on. But like you said, expense in London will be massive compared to Birmingham or Leicester (where De Montfort is), as well as the fees.

If you're willing to risk fees go to London - you can get more involved there, than probably up north in Birmingham. But if you don't take those opportunities then it seems wasted.
Reply 2
i need information about university fashion because i want to join the uni and i need information about latest fashions

Quick Reply

Latest