The Student Room Group

Choice of university to study MSc in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)

Hey everyone! Need some advice here. Got offers from the University of York, City University London, and the University of Nottingham for HCI. Still waiting on Birmingham. I'm looking to switch from fashion design to HCI. 🤔 Any insights on which university has a comparatively better reputation for this programme? Thanks a bunch!
(edited 3 months ago)
Hi there, I am also looking to apply for HCI and switch from a Fashion Design bachelor degree. I noticed Birmingham's entry requirement is a 2:1 Honours degree in computer science... In fact, many uni's entry requirements (meed com sci/psychology) for HCI made me a bit sceptical about applying. I am wondering if they still give offers for those who do not have a computer science degree.
Reply 2
Original post by HoKei_Leung
Hi there, I am also looking to apply for HCI and switch from a Fashion Design bachelor degree. I noticed Birmingham's entry requirement is a 2:1 Honours degree in computer science... In fact, many uni's entry requirements (meed com sci/psychology) for HCI made me a bit sceptical about applying. I am wondering if they still give offers for those who do not have a computer science degree.

So basically, UCL and Edinburgh are out of reach. Especially, the UCL prof said they don't take fashion design backgrounds for HCI. But you're good to apply anywhere else on the list.
Original post by OOGYROACH
So basically, UCL and Edinburgh are out of reach. Especially, the UCL prof said they don't take fashion design backgrounds for HCI. But you're good to apply anywhere else on the list.

Hi sorry for the late response! so following your advice, I have done some research and applied to the City, University of London. I have received an unconditional offer recently and I think I will go for it :biggrin: Which uni did you choose in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending