The Student Room Group

Predict your grades in the upcoming exams.

Okay, so this May and june a lot of students have their summer exams. So cmon, what do you think you're going to get? Write down your predictions in the comment section below and come back to this thread on results day to see how accurate you were.

I'll start off. A in maths, A in chemistry, A in biology, E in philosophy

Scroll to see replies

History: B
Spanish: B/A
Politics: B/C

cba anymore. I dont even need these grades but I dont want any C's (I'm in Scotland so different from A levels)
Reply 2
English Language - B
English Literature - C
History - B

I say a C for Literature because I know I'm going to muck up the exam. English Language is piss easy, so a B; and for History, I've been revising so much that if I don't get a B, AQA are gonna get one hell of an angry phone call.
Reply 3
Original post by dongonaeatu
Okay, so this May and june a lot of students have their summer exams. So cmon, what do you think you're going to get? Write down your predictions in the comment section below and come back to this thread on results day to see how accurate you were.

Oh cool, your doing exactly the same subjects as me (but i did philosophy in jan so am doing ethics in may)

A in maths, A in chemistry, A in biology, and hopefully A in ethics to cancel out my grade in philosophy

Well we'll see in August :rolleyes:
History.. B
Psychology.. A
Sociology.. A
English Lit.. B
Reply 5
Chemistry: A/B(Will Be Close)
Human Biology: C(hopefully a B)
Psychology: C
I think I'll get a B in maths, biology and economics. So BBB. Maths will be close to an A though, and either of the other two could potentially drop down to a C.
Reply 7
Original post by OohNana
Oh cool, your doing exactly the same subjects as me (but i did philosophy in jan so am doing ethics in may)

A in maths, A in chemistry, A in biology, and hopefully A in ethics to cancel out my grade in philosophy

Well we'll see in August :rolleyes:

I'm awful at philosophy. I have the exam tomorrow and i've done no revision, i just cant do it.
Reply 8
Maths- core 1 and 2 a/b's stats c/b
Biology- a/b
Chemistry b
Pe- a

biology's pretty unpredictable for me and chemistry 2 is rock so I'm worried that will bring down my overall grade
Precting your grades is the worst idea before you've done the exam itself. It will either lead to you being over-confident of your own abilities or too critical of your capabilities!
Reply 10
I'm awful at philosophy. I have the exam tomorrow and i've done no revision, i just cant do it.

I found it really difficult too, and there isn't really much of a markscheme. It's a nice subject to learn though, just without exams.
There's a website that has some videos that may help with some last minute cramming.
http://kdkchadha.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/AS%20Religious%20Studies%20-%20Philiosphy%20of%20Religion

Good luck for tomorrow! :smile:

Maths - B
Economics - B
Sociology - A

mate, you realise you gotta almost ace D1 and C2 right? you seem rather confident! and you will do much better than an E in philosophy
Distinction in ICT
A in Geography (Only need B on Paper 3 for an A overall)
B in Psychology
Spanish- C
Government and Politics- C/B
Law- A/B
History- A/B

Although to be completely honest; I need an A in History. After all the revision I've done for it..ohhhh I need that A
Reply 14
I'm hoping for As in everything, but I'll be happy with a B for Geology as I'll still get an A overall :redface:
Sociology: A
Psychology: A/B
Biology: B/C
I hate biology with such burning passion. :angry:
Reply 16
I've done so **** this year it's unreal. I expect:
Maths C/D
Biology C/D
Psychology A/B
hopefully I'll get the better grades, but who knows, just got to hope that the papers are nice.
B/A in psychology
C in business
B/A in philosophy and ethics
B in english
so HOPEFULLY BCAA if i get higher ones :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Cheese_Monster
Precting your grades is the worst idea before you've done the exam itself. It will either lead to you being over-confident of your own abilities or too critical of your capabilities!

I'm not sure that I agree that it's the worst idea. I think that as long as you are realistic it can be quite helpful. I mean isn't that part of the point in doing practise papers, to get an idea of what your going to get and to then make improvements?
That was your 1000th post :smile:
Reply 19
Sociology: A
History: A (Although this is somewhat optimistic...)
English: A/B
Maths: Anything from a B to an E.

Quick Reply

Latest