The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i started revising for this in the morning and expected to fail but i think i got 54 marks thats a c right?
Reply 321
Original post by Arsey
You will prob lose the final accuracy mark in each part

Thanks for the quick response! Hopefully that will minimise my marks lost!
Reply 322
Original post by Arsey
Just read the question... It says sector not triangle.

You don't get marks for making up your own question and the answering it, even if correct.

I forgot to give 90 for the trigonometry question.
That's my only mistake.
A stupid one at that.
What is the UMS mark I can expect?
Reply 323
how many marks would i have lost for 3(d) if i worked out PQ using the cos formula for a side and got 8 instead of 9.275?? and subbed 8 in and got 18 for PTQ.
and how many would you lose for 8(e) i got 9pie somehow but the rest of my working out for the question was right??
Can't believe it but think I got full marks on this! I integrated the straight line on the integration question to find the area of the trapezium but I'm guessing they'll allow that! Cheers for the mark scheme. Put my mind at rest!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire S
Can somebody link me arseys mark scheme please?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by N_NOODLES
how many marks would i have lost for 3(d) if i worked out PQ using the cos formula for a side and got 8 instead of 9.275?? and subbed 8 in and got 18 for PTQ.
and how many would you lose for 8(e) i got 9pie somehow but the rest of my working out for the question was right??

I done the same as you for 3(d) hoping only 1/2 marks lost for it

sooo happy saw the marksheme eerything right .. aaaahh :smile:
Original post by Prash3200165
For the integration question, did no one else work out the area under the curve and subtract the area under the line?

I did both :biggrin:
Original post by Aahmsil
I forgot to give 90 for the trigonometry question.
That's my only mistake.
A stupid one at that.
What is the UMS mark I can expect?

It will probably be about 98 or 97.
Reply 330
What will it be to get an A?????

Reply 331
Original post by brittanna
It will probably be about 98 or 97.

Disappointed at my profligacy but thanks!
guys for part c) circle my method was correct how many marks would i lose?
and for the factor therom i sub and got 0 but did not say is factor but showed working and mentions equal to 0 and this is what the mark scheme says f ( 1) 0 = with no sign or substitution*
errors and for conclusion.
i didnt study the proof so i left it and had 45 mins left to complete it at the end i made up my own proof and it turned out to be correct
1912-so-much-win.jpg
Reply 334
question 8 was differentiation!!!! i almost had a heart attack when i saw there were 2 trig questions!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 335
Original post by otrivine
guys for part c) circle my method was correct how many marks would i lose?
and for the factor therom i sub and got 0 but did not say is factor but showed working and mentions equal to 0 and this is what the mark scheme says f ( 1) 0 = with no sign or substitution

Firstly, if everything but the answer is right then you'll only lose a mark.
Secondly, it's okay if you substituted the correct factor in and got 0, you'll at least get the mark for working and probably the mark for concluding too because they can see that you knew what to do. :smile:
Thirdly, please stop quoting me just to get my attention. I'm sure your questions will get answered by someone who doesn't have an exam in a couple of hours :P
Reply 336
3c i used correct method but messed up somehow? as in subbed x=13 but still got the wrong answer. Will i get a method mark there?

and for 6b i got 2/5 solutions, reckon i can get 2 marks there?

other than that i got on alright i think.

Thanks for uploading!
Reply 337
Dropped a few stupid marks for not rounding up :frown:
Reply 338
Original post by 99llewellyn99
i didnt study the proof so i left it and had 45 mins left to complete it at the end i made up my own proof and it turned out to be correct
1912-so-much-win.jpg

WOW.
Original post by Tanmayee
Firstly, if everything but the answer is right then you'll only lose a mark.
Secondly, it's okay if you substituted the correct factor in and got 0, you'll at least get the mark for working and probably the mark for concluding too because they can see that you knew what to do. :smile:
Thirdly, please stop quoting me just to get my attention. I'm sure your questions will get answered by someone who doesn't have an exam in a couple of hours :P

i did not conclude i just substitute value = 0 ? but the mark scheme on june 2011 said f ( 1) 0 = with no sign or substitution*
no i am not attention i just need someones help but no one answers

Latest

Trending

Trending